E-scooters 'are five times safer than bikes' - Study by The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Still seething from an encounter tonight with
one of those ninja blokes on a scooter and he went ass over tit.
Walking around to the local supermarket and I was blinded by this fast moving scooter with triple blinding lights coming at me at a speed that was not safe for me, he made no attempt to slow so as he passed me I gave him a light fist pump on the shoulder and shouted at him what I thought.
I didn't bump him hard as I had on my lidl ski winter gloves .
Needless to say he came a cropper and hit the deck, cheeky eastern european immigrant tried to have a go at me with words but they were no match for my anglo -saxon replies so as I turned to walk away from the ejit he gave me a girly kick around the ankles to which he was lucky I was wearing padded gloves but he got a right hhok fist smacking him in the face for his efforts, he never saw that coming.
These bloody things are highly dangerous and need to be totally outlawed, they are so unstable that even the lightest fist pump was enought to send this ejit flying.

One can only hope individuals like you to be brought to justice by police swiftly and decisively.

I can't believe people can post self incriminating material here and it not only remains unchallenged by mods, but also encouraged by other members.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your welcome to your view as are we , I simply won't be intimidated by these thoughtless speeding unlicensenced motor vehicle riders whilst I'm walking on the foot path.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I only wish police was there. Maybe if this story of yours ended up with criminal record one wouldn't be inclined to demonstrate violent and antisocial behavior in the future.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If plod had been their then my interventions wouldn't have needed and he would have been nicked for careless riding of an illegal motorised vehicle on a pavement, these thugs on illegal motor vehicles endanger pedestrians lives riding at road speeds on the pavement.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
You have knocked a person to the ground. You have repeatedly physically and verbally assaulted him. Are those anglo-saxon values you stand by? Are you really proud of yourself?

It is sad, just sad...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
as I turned to walk away from the ejit he gave me a girly kick around the ankles
You shouldn't have turned until you were further away - if he had been skilled, a medium range attack option would have been a straight kick behind one knee instead of the ankles, which could have knocked you forward and possibly over, or it could have knocked you off balance enough for rapid hooks to the sides of your head, after which he could have kicked you bloody and into a coma on the ground. Never underesrimate rinjas! :eek:

Plas man

Pedelecer
May 12, 2022
You have knocked a person to the ground. You have repeatedly physically and verbally assaulted him. Are those anglo-saxon values you stand by? Are you really proud of yourself?

It is sad, just sad...
Ah’ another goodie good shoes , feel sorry for them
pedestrians on foot paths , riders on roads/cycle paths

mathew 5. 5

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Not gyrocar #1. My wife's grandfather regularly drove his around London around 1910. I'm afraid we don't have a YouTube clip of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyotr_Shilovsky

He also planned a gyro rail line from Petersburg to Moscow, but various political upheavals in Russia about that time meant it never happened. It is much cheaper to lay a gyro line than a conventional one; only one track is needed, with much less need for careful alignment.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

bonus feature autopilot mode 20mph ground based unmanned missile with only 1 wheel :p

• :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
doof :rolleyes:
"no cars stopped to help me."

No surprise there. After that ballistic badger attacked my front wheel loads of cars just swerved and drove past me. I was in a slight state of shock and about to call a taxi, wasn't trying to flag anyone down. Twenty cars later, one stopped to ask if I needed help.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
"Most recent figures, covering the year to June 2022, showed 243 pedestrians were injured in collisions across Britain, including one fatality.

Including e-scooter riders, there were 1,437 casualties in collisions involving the devices, compared to 1,033 in the year ending June 2021. 12 people were killed.

Last month East London senior coroner Graeme Irvine warned fatalities from e-scooter crashes more than doubled after police changed policy to confiscate fewer of the devices."

source:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Repeated by this rag:

"While the electric vehicles are reportedly five times safer for riders than bicycles, they fall under the same laws as motor vehicles. "