eBike conversion kit help

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
PS4, in one week you have managed to irritate countless members of this forum, maybe that was your intention or maybe it's simply a lack of social skills.
Either way I would advise you to take from this experience the fact that you need to change your attitude and at 23 years old it's not too late to do this.
When you manage to annoy so many folk it's not them, it's you.
Have a nice life.:)
Dave.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can't agree more certainly has not endeared himself to the forum and has an ageist attitude, with age comes common sense and respect.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Xiongda kit is excellent. I've built loads of bikes with every type of motor, controller and battety. There's nothing wrong with Xiongda kit, nor with its connectors,which all work as they should. I have the Xiongda on my main bike and wouldn't trade it for anything. I've only fitted disc brake versions of the Xiongda, which are wider than standard, so a bit tricky. The rim brake versiobs should be a lot more straightforward, so apologies to Panda for my previous comments. Don't forget a good torque arm though. I think the Ezee ones are much better than the Panda ones.

ps4customgamer

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
lol sonny.
This seems to be the one of the most viewed thread on here atm.

My only issue with panda is advertising on this thread. Panda seems to be simply a UK based reseller of Xiongda. There should be no issue with comparing with other kits however there seems to be with some of the users on here.

The Ezee kits seems to be quite well made looking at some videos and reviews. Nothing new or cutting edge but well made they seemed to do simple things like making all the components black like the controller unlike alot of chinese kits which have silver controllers, not an important design choice but one that adds alot to the aesthatic of the kit by having one unified colour.

Reactions: billyfish010
C

Cyclezee

The Ezee kits seems to be quite well made looking at some videos and reviews. Nothing new or cutting edge but well made they seemed to do simple things like making all the components black like the controller unlike alot of chinese kits which have silver controllers, not an important design choice but one that adds alot to the aesthatic of the kit by having one unified colour.
The current eZee kits have evolved in the last few years with improvements to every component. The controllers which are eZee's own design are weather resistant in a die cast case for mounting externally unlike many others which need to going inside a case. There is also the choice of different capacities and down tube or rear rack mounted.

ps4customgamer

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Ok whats offered in the same price range as the Xiongda kit?
Your kits all seem to roll of the tongue easily as well lol

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
For what its worth, I think this process involves too much reading and speculation,it happens to many at the beginning,get away from the pc and spend a few weekends visiting 50cycles,woosh,kudos,decathlon (they have an impressive pedelec for 620)

ps4customgamer

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
For what its worth, I think this process involves too much reading and speculation,it happens to many at the beginning,get away from the pc and spend a few weekends visiting 50cycles,woosh,kudos,decathlon (they have an impressive pedelec for 620)
The subject of this area of the forum is ebike conversion kits. Obviously people reading this thread arent looking to buy a factory made ebike.
There are good examples of good solid ebikes much better than from the likes of decathlon but you always pay a premium against adding your own conversion kit.
http://www.ukbikesdepot.com/m15b199s957p15002/CUBE_Stereo_Hybrid_140_Hpa_Pro_27_5_Electric_Mountain_Bike_2015/RS_GB/50678?gclid=CMHAxbTZq8UCFacSwwodZFoAQQ

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
The subject of this area of the forum is ebike conversion kits. Obviously people reading this thread arent looking to buy a factory made ebike.
There are good examples of good solid ebikes much better than from the likes of decathlon but you always pay a premium against adding your own conversion kit.
http://www.ukbikesdepot.com/m15b199s957p15002/CUBE_Stereo_Hybrid_140_Hpa_Pro_27_5_Electric_Mountain_Bike_2015/RS_GB/50678?gclid=CMHAxbTZq8UCFacSwwodZFoAQQ
I've got two conversions to my inexperienced name (the latest a decent kit from oxygen that really works). Here's one lesson i learned - a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing,the internet creates a lot of instant "experts" on the basis of someone having read a few threads in endless sphere. I'd nonetheless spend more time gaining actual experience as opposed to engaging in heated hypothetical debates if I were in your shoes.

Reactions: oldtom

ps4customgamer

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
I've got two conversions to my inexperienced name (the latest a decent kit from oxygen that really works). Here's one lesson i learned - a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing,the internet creates a lot of instant "experts" on the basis of someone having read a few threads in endless sphere. I'd nonetheless spend more time gaining actual experience as opposed to engaging in heated hypothetical debates if I were in your shoes.
Your not in my shoes however that last post seems very attacking after in reply to your post I raised the topic of this thread and carried on the discussion of a factory made ebike.

C

Cyclezee

Hi PS4,

I'm assume that your question is addressed to me as it directly followed my post.
I don't know the cost of a complete Xiongda kit?
We sell three brands of conversion kit, Ansmann, eZee and Heinzmann, all of high quality so not the cheapest.

Ansmann kits start at £799, eZee at £825 and Heinzmann at £1160.

There is more information on our website, but if you have more specific questions, please let me know.

mymatephil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2014
ps4cg

This has been a very entertaining read for a sunday afternoon..

It gets quite confusing so forgive me if I repeat something already mentioned.

I noticed nobody asked yet...
"work at 36V as I can get these batteries very cheaply."
how many can you get? how cheaply?.. you could maybe trade your way with these to a great ebike.

PAS refers to pedelec assist sensor so you know your first kit linked to has power assist.

I looked a ciclotek to see if their XFC central motor kit was cheaper than BBS02
there is nothing in it and they are out of stock anyway
but.. their 'considerations' state
  • Installation may not be reversible. The core motor is strongly attached to the bottom bracket, and this installation should be final.
which seems to not be what was wanted. I imagine this applies to all CD motors?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The BBS kit is simple to fit and in reverse is simple to remove to refit on another frame/bike so the XFC and others which are similar should not cause any problems. I think something is lost in their translation in to English, at the end of the day the cd is held in place by bolts and clamping rings.

Last edited: