Ezee Motor

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
Would anyone know what the serial number on this Ezee motor means ?
Is it a V2 motor and is it 250rpm or 350rpm.
I am hoping someone can help
The label reads: EZ-R-10011-3 and EZ-R3.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Before you think about using it for a project, let me tell you my experience with an Ezee mk2 motor. I tried all the modern controllers, but I couldn't get any that would make it run properly despite trying every setting and wire combinations, though I could get it to run smoothly backwards. I then tried a few of my older automatic controllers that can usually run anything, but no matter what I did, they would only run it backwards. It seems that there is some asymmetry in the hall sensor positioning. Unfortunately, I didn't have a controller with reverse function to test, so I can't say whether one of those would have worked.

It worked perfectly with an Ezee controller.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Would anyone know what the serial number on this Ezee motor means ?
Is it a V2 motor and is it 250rpm or 350rpm.
I am hoping someone can help
The label reads: EZ-R-10011-3 and EZ-R3.
If you cant get an answer here, contact Ezee on this form

Reactions: wehey

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
Before you think about using it for a project, let me tell you my experience with an Ezee mk2 motor. I tried all the modern controllers, but I couldn't get any that would make it run properly despite trying every setting and wire combinations, though I could get it to run smoothly backwards. I then tried a few of my older automatic controllers that can usually run anything, but no matter what I did, they would only run it backwards. It seems that there is some asymmetry in the hall sensor positioning. Unfortunately, I didn't have a controller with reverse function to test, so I can't say whether one of those would have worked.

I have 2x Ezee controllers :)

Reactions: Scorpio

wehey

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2014
can't you just fire up the motor and see how fast it spins?
I don’t have it yet lol.
Have seen it advertised locally at a steal price.
I have a front wheel Ezee hub but want a rear wheel for more off-road!
I just want to make sure it’s a 250. It’s laced into a 700c rim so i will have to re-lace it onto a 26inch rim.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I don’t have it yet lol.
Have seen it advertised locally at a steal price.
I have a front wheel Ezee hub but want a rear wheel for more off-road!
I just want to make sure it’s a 250. It’s laced into a 700c rim so i will have to re-lace it onto a 26inch rim.
All those Ezee motors are 500w, regardless of what they're labelled.

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019

Thats odd. A cheap and cheerful $50 controller from China was all golden on mine.