forum is collapsing

eHomer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2012
Regarding the trade and non trade posters, of course the trade are on here to sell bikes, that's no secret, but traders can also offer helpful advice other than buy my latest whizz bang model which is the dogs danglies.

I have been on both sides of the fence and in time will probably hop back over again;)
Yes indeed, trade input is crucial on here too, hearing "both sides of the fence" is the only way to understand the full picture.

Reactions: Cyclezee

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I have been on both sides of the fence and in time will probably hop back over again;)
Made your millions and retiring?

I thought it was only the likes of D8 who could afford not to work.

C

Cyclezee

Made your millions and retiring?

I thought it was only the likes of D8 who could afford not to work.
Ha Ha Rob,
No not retiring anytime soon, done that once already from my previous profession.

As fo making millions, that's never going to happen and I'm not really bothered, health and happiness are more important to me.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Despite some disagreements we've had, I don't hestitate to say d8veh is a very important member of this forum and it would be much the poorer without him. Therefore I hope he's not away too long.

As others have remarked, he has taken breaks before, and considering his substantial input, they are well earned:

Joined October 2010
Break at May 2011

returned August 2011
Break again April 2012

returned July 2012

So he's had a very long stint this last time.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
d8veh has not gone anywhere, he logs on several times a day to carry on with his business via "Private Conversations"

Is it really so difficult to understand why? ;)

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
d8veh has not gone anywhere, he logs on several times a day to carry on with his business via "Private Conversations"

I don't recall any huge bust ups in the last few months. There may be differences of opinion about legal and illegal bikes here but no ones been hounded off the forum as far as I can see.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
@Cycleeze When you said the dog`s danglies, I think a more appropriate term might be the dog`s dongles. Just a thought. I do hope d8veh comes back soon. He is a man of strong opinions, but pretty much always knows what he is talking about.

Reactions: Cyclezee

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Nothing to do with bust-ups.

He who pays the piper...........................;)
Blew it,

Either say what you want to say, or shut the ---- up.

All this wink-wink 'I know something you don't' is what really puts people off forums.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

That's a pity, and I think it's really a misuse of the Forum's facilities. I believe the forum is the place for communication.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
That's a pity, and I think it's really a misuse of the Forum's facilities. I believe the forum is the place for communication.
Agreed.

The private message system has its place, but I've always thought that to be for the transmission of information one might want reasonably want to keep private - email address, phone number, stuff like that.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Nothing to do with bust-ups.

He who pays the piper...........................;)
Being a bit slow on the uptake and not really wanting to be part of the forum, "in crowd" I don't understand what it is that you are saying.

Are you implying that D8veh is running a business? That he uses the forum to trade / sell a service? He hasn't declared himself as being a trade member, so this makes me doubt my interpretation of what you say.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
if d8veh was an official trader, there would be a lot more bikes sold!
@ Tillson: I did not know there is an 'in crowd' on the forum. Who is in it then?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
if d8veh was an official trader, there would be a lot more bikes sold!
@ Tillson: I did not know there is an 'in crowd' on the forum. Who is in it then?
Why trex!

You're in with the in crowd,
You go where the in crowd goes....

D

Deleted member 4366

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves to make such unjustified insinuations. Here's a picture of my conversations:

• Helen wanted to know if I was OK
  • Stevew bought a used battery from me a while ago. It packed up so I'm giving him a replacement battery plus a new charger that I just got from BMSB for £23. He's getting them both for £10 including postage. If that constitutes commercial activities that breaks forum rules, please let me know.
  • Hurricane wanted an opinion on a BMSB battery
  • Andreww said thanks for recommending the Oxygen MTB, which he loves to bits. That's understandable because it's the best bike in that price range at the moment.
  • Bike on Ecosse asked about adjusting his brak lever.
  • Kirstin: I sent him some info on how to open his Bafang as the forum didn't give some vital info, and I like Kirstin.
  • Tony 2311 wanted an opinion on the Woosh BBS01
  • Tony wanted to know about Bionx battery replacement
conversations.jpg

It's true that I'm listed as a Kudos dealer, and I have a Kudos Tornado demonstrator, but I've never sold one nor recommended that someone should buy one except once when a guy described requirements that exactly matched the Tornado. Please don't think that I don't recommend the Kudos because they're no good. I wouldn't have the Tornado if I didn't think it was a lovely bike.

I hope this puts the record straight. Also, contrary to popular belief, I'm not wealthy. My income is about £14000 pa, but I don't spend a lot of money, so I can live comfortably on that, and I have no desire to be wealthy. If I get spare money I don't need, I send it to kids in Bali - on average £2000 pa. over the last 6 years.

I guess some people on this forum are evil money-grabbing bar stewards, which is what colours their judgement of others.