Has anyone heard of or tried Toseven mid drive?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You call me rude? let's see who started first and let me highlight some of your thoughts in your first post:

The new DM-01 and DM-02 are not a derivative of the tongsheng Motors. They are a new design
There is some influence as the lead engineer was the engineer responsible for producing the tongsheng motors who's came over to form the new company

the new design is focused on build quality and reliability. They can withstand a lot more power

we have transitioned to UART controller's we intend to keep because its open to community development

we intend to release the motor programming software to the community/ end users and activity engage with them on forums like this

being a step up there is an increase in price.
We don't intend to be dragged into competing on price. We will aim to deliver a quality product with warranty/ servicing and spares availability

if anymore questions please let me know

thanks
Alex

p.s no idea why it switched to bold
Let's look at your DM02 that the OP started with this thread.
there is more than just some influence, is there not? and I am not talking about a passing resemblance alone. Where is your proof of build quality and reliability? where is your proof that yours can withstand a lot more power? where is your proof that yours being a step up?
Lastly, can you confirm to me that your factory price (I am not talking about retail price) is higher than the TSDZ2 because I know what I am quoted.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
As a bystander, no skin in the game, just interested, I see relevant questions being asked by someone who we consider knowledgeable and trustworthy, not answered clearly by "reps" from a new manufacturer, who then get arsey, calls it trolling when the unanswered questions are pursued. @alexfnoble When you are in a hole, stop digging! You want to sell motors, be nice.

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
I think if you look again you will see it says DM-01 and 02
I know you are not an engineer so this is really really difficult for you to comprehend. But these motors were designed by the same engineer.. therefore he has taken what he has learned from his previous work..

did you attack the same man when he upgraded his designs previously.. did you ask him for proof back then.. you know on the motors he designed that you are still selling.. no you didn't

Where is my proof.. take a look at these rotors and use your uneducated best guess on power producing ability

And here is a post about how much you love his previous work but his new work is so upsetting for you

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: gaby1123

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
As a bystander, no skin in the game, just interested, I see relevant questions being asked by someone who we consider knowledgeable and trustworthy, not answered clearly by "reps" from a new manufacturer, who then get arsey, calls it trolling when the unanswered questions are pursued. @alexfnoble When you are in a hole, stop digging! You want to sell motors, be nice.
Hi jim have you read the entire thread from start to end?

Im sorry but this is far from normal. I started out here trying to answer questions but have been subjected to constant tolling.. im active on many other threads and there's absolutely none of this childish behaviour.

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021

Im sorry but this is far from normal. I started out here trying to answer questions but have been subjected to constant tolling.. im active on many other threads and there's absolutely none of this childish behaviour.
I've read the entire thread from start to end. Reasonable questions have been asked. I don't see how it isn't in your best interests to answer them.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020

Yes, followed from the start. You have been asked questions that haven't been answered. While there may be some trolling, I don't consider posting screenshots of your ali express sales etc to be such. Some of the "trolling" is caused by frustration at the lack of straight answers. 36t cog comes to mind, as an example, perhaps you aren't considering it, then say so, is it a possibility, then say so. Access to firmware and possibility of change is another FAQ etc. Without looking back I'm sure some have tried to clarify and repeat the questions. Your latest, taking answers Off Piste, is out of order too.

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
Im usually perfectly happy to answer questions. As was evident in this thread at the beginning and every other im involved in

However there are one are two bad eggs on this thread with a completely different motive. I think if people read their posts they can connect the dots.

Im afraid im off this forum and thread till our motors are out in the hands of independent reviewers and users. Something thats in the process of happening right now.. Once that happens things will be much more balanced on here. Though im sure there will still be those willing to argue against the sun.

On the question of spares, most if all not all our distributors will carry them.

We have distributers set up for Europe, America and Canada + Australia

I know this is UK forum, we already have a UK warehouse and office..

If anyone has any genuine concerns or questions my contact details are on here or you can pm me for my phone number.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I know this is UK forum, we already have a UK warehouse and office..
I will make certain this thread features highly prominently in search engine results worldwide, for anyone looking for information about Toseven motors.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I know you are not an engineer so this is really really difficult for you to comprehend.
Am I an engineer? No, at least not a mechanical engineer. I have worked mostly in IT since 1980 and I became a 'grease monkey' in the workshop in the last 12 years because I have type 2 diabetes and need a part time physical job to stay healthy. Still, I have assembled bikes, fitted kits and repaired motors. Are you implying that you are, andf that's why you can't explain the physics to me? So how many kits have you fitted yourself? Have you opened a TSDZ2 so you can be sure of your facts?
I think if you look again you will see it says DM-01 and 02
The thread started like this:
//
Domm, post: 675071
Hi, I'm looking to get a tongsheng tsdz2 and I came across this alternative from "TOSEVEN" on psw power website:
//
I know your DM01 is very different, it is pitched against the BBSHD but where were we discussing about your DM01?

Are you now trying to change the subject? And finally, can you put names to the trolls you mentioned?

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc and vidtek

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
He turned up, blamed everyone except himself, and fscked off. Charming bloke.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

pxl666

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2023
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's the same picture. I wonder who's the bright spark who wrote that blog post on the to7motor.com website

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: flecc

oztrikes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2023
I will make certain this thread features highly prominently in search engine results worldwide, for anyone looking for information about Toseven motors.

So everybody can see how pathetic you are? given how you spend your time i highly doubt you are capable of even leaving your mothers basement mate

Im out in oz and have been trying to get information on these motors for a couple of weeks now.

Came on here surprised to see a company rep is actually answering questions, i mean when do you ever see that? but having worked my way through the thread im surprised he kept going as long as he did. like a bunch of bloody piranhas you jumped on the bloke
Honestly not sure what's wrong with you mate but your comments on here are bang out of order, you and a couple of others have ruined it for the lot of us. well done mate, well done

What's up with actually trying to look up personal information on the bloke have you guys got nothing better to do with your time? am i the only one who thinks thats creepy AF. you are actually stalking the bloke now.. Do any of you actually want to buy this motor or are you just a bunch of tongsheng fanboys

• Disagree
  • Dislike
Reactions: lenny and guerney

rik111

Apr 9, 2023
I'm a total noob to this forum and ebikes. Been following this thread with interest as will soon be attempting my first build. I started reading with enthusiasm but have been gradually ground down with negativity and total lack of answers....
Why not just answer some of the simple questions that have been asked ?
One of mine would be is there more clearance underneath so I wont have to re-route all my cables ? This has been asked before but totally ignored...... How about a fitting video, surely this is the first thing you would produce ? ??

• Agree
Reactions: lenny

oztrikes

Apr 29, 2023
You call me rude? let's see who started first and let me highlight some of your thoughts in your first post:

Let's look at your DM02 that the OP started with this thread.
there is more than just some influence, is there not? and I am not talking about a passing resemblance alone. Where is your proof of build quality and reliability? where is your proof that yours can withstand a lot more power? where is your proof that yours being a step up?
Lastly, can you confirm to me that your factory price (I am not talking about retail price) is higher than the TSDZ2 because I know what I am quoted.
It doesn't matter what the bloke has written you have had a problem with it. Has a new torque sensor, not good enough for you! but I'm yet to hear you explain why or that you even know what you are talking about .
it has FOC and despite it being common knowledge the Tongsheng doesn't have true FOC you claim it has,

You clearly have a bee in your bonnet mate, talking about answering questions why have you not answered a single one of his yourself mate. You come across like you have some kind of agenda, are tongsheng paying you to troll toseven reps? are you and guerney the same bloke or just cut from the same cloth, bloody pathetic between the two of you you have dragged this thread into the gutter