Has anyone heard of or tried Toseven mid drive?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
did anyone bought it yet ? can we see video showing benefits of new build ?

I will not buy this Toseven mid-drive for a few reasons, most notable of which being users will be stuck with stock firmware for years, and it's early version firmware with no configuration tool provided, and no firmware hacks exist. 12 in stock now, not 13 as stated in post #134 - somelemmingone somewhere has bought one:

Last edited:

Bogmonster666

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2022
I'm not planning to be on the bleeding edge, maybe in 12 months time if and when the motor has proved reliable and the gremlins fixed.

How much of an issue is the heat build-up on the tsdz2, I would like to think that the 250w configured variants in stock firmware should be quite tolerant, especially on torque sensing rather than just throttle. I know lots of folks have the more powerful variants or push the envelope with osf and higher power configs - and of course people will want to continue to do similar so better cooling is important, just keen to understand at what point the problems are likely to start.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The stator is tightly fitted into a machined housing now.
It will take your company many years to gain significant mid-motor market share, if you don't make a firmware configuration tool generally available now.

Bogmonster666

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2022
Given the apparent pricing, I do think there is an uphill battle. It really does have to prove it has solved the tsdz2 issues to justify the considerable price difference. Sure, the tsdz2 is a bit cheap and nasty but it's a known quantity and it is cheap! For pushing double the price, is it twice as good - for my modest needs I think it unlikely.

I would like to think potential suppliers have evaluation samples and we should start hearing 3rd party opinions soon. They don't appear to be selling like hotcakes on PSPPower just yet though, not holding my breath.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

pxl666

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2023
It will take your company many years to gain significant mid-motor market share, if you don't make a firmware configuration tool generally available now.
why ? if this could be configurable via display ? its way better imho . osf for tsdz2 came from need , i doubt that community would spent so much time to provide something already existing...
somehow factory motors work out of the box without any customization tools and people happily use them with no urge to fiddle with . they are just precisely calibrated and configured

pxl666

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2023
Given the apparent pricing, I do think there is an uphill battle. It really does have to prove it has solved the tsdz2 issues to justify the considerable price difference. Sure, the tsdz2 is a bit cheap and nasty but it's a known quantity and it is cheap! For pushing double the price, is it twice as good - for my modest needs I think it unlikely.

I would like to think potential suppliers have evaluation samples and we should start hearing 3rd party opinions soon. They don't appear to be selling like hotcakes on PSPPower just yet though, not holding my breath.
not sure why but when i see chinese video of the product it's terrifying that they seem to be shot by random parking sweeper with potato wrapped with old sock ... i can't imagine that they have money to start serious company with all staff and machines and then are unable to shoot a decent flick and have somebody to post on yt ... and how com they are unable to provide decent translation from chinese to english of manual it's beyond me ...

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
not sure why but when i see chinese video of the product it's terrifying that they seem to be shot by random parking sweeper with potato wrapped with old sock ... i can't imagine that they have money to start serious company with all staff and machines and then are unable to shoot a decent flick and have somebody to post on yt ... and how com they are unable to provide decent translation from chinese to english of manual it's beyond me ...
Companies such as Apple see deeply enough to understand the importance of cultivating, controlling and jealously guarding their brand image... Chinese companies won't bother because by they appear to be about selling as many products as possible, as quickly as possible, while spending as little as possible on marketing.

p.s. I hate Apple.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
precisely calibrated and configured
Why on earth would so many people develop and use OSF if:

somehow factory motors work out of the box without any customization tools and people happily use them with no urge to fiddle with . they are just precisely calibrated and configured
??? :oops:

Last edited:

pxl666

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2023
Companies such as Apple see deeply enough to see the importance of cultivating, controlling and jealously guarding their brand image... Chinese companies won't bother because by they appear to be about selling as many products as possible, as quickly as possible, while spending as little as possible on marketing.

p.s. I hate Apple.
but when you want to sell a product and have invested 10M$ in factory and have it produced and want to go worldwide - 1000$ in professional shoot informational video is nothing , literally nothing ...taking random worker to shoot this with his broken cellphone is contradictory to intent ...

pxl666

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2023
Why on earth would so many people develop and use OSF if:

??? :oops:
i meant factory motors like yamaha / bosch / brose etc , but also tsdz2 out of the box worked better than osf - in terms of tensometer reactions . osf primarily gives you ability to limit or expand power and top speed - fyik

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Can you explain how the torque sensor on the to7 motor works?

Rayholland

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2023
I'm very Interested in buying the 1000W toseven motor (30A).
What displays are supported? Can i use my existing TSDZ2 display? Is the communication protocol the same as the Tongsheng?

Can i use (overvolt) a 52v battery with the 48v toseven motor (52 * 30A -> 1560W)?

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
I'm very Interested in buying the 1000W toseven motor (30A).
What displays are supported? Can i use my existing TSDZ2 display? Is the communication protocol the same as the Tongsheng?

Can i use (overvolt) a 52v battery with the 48v toseven motor (52 * 30A -> 1560W)?
Displays are on the website

The tongsheng displays are not compatible and its a different protocol. It comes as a kit so will come with a display

Yes you can use a 52v battery

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The To7 and TSDZ are different motors and use different software/firmware.