Hello from East Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
We will loose another member in a huff if this keeps up.

lone_ranger

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2014
Thank you all for your condescending replies - you appear to have missed the point.
There are no other females interested in this thread, or your responses. Has it never dawned on you to question why? If the UK wishes to promote cycling, electric or otherwise, perhaps it would be a good idea to embrace more people than well off retired men? Start with the kids, but if you want to do that you need to get the Mums onboard too.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Thank you all for your condescending replies - you appear to have missed the point.
There are no other females interested in this thread, or your responses. Has it never dawned on you to question why? If the UK wishes to promote cycling, electric or otherwise, perhaps it would be a good idea to embrace more people than well off retired men? Start with the kids, but if you want to do that you need to get the Mums onboard too.
In isolation you make some valid points, but I fail to see the relevance in this thread?

GBCS you are the whole arguement why old fashioned men are negative to women joining science and engineering.
and you really need to explain this one, I've looked back through the thread but am still mystified by your post.

GBCS

Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
Hull
I won't make light any further, as what starts out as light hearted banter can soon be seen as bullying, if one of those involved isn't "keeping up" and that is clearly happening here.
LR, you have demonstrated in your previous posts that you obviously have some very deep "issues" relating to your self esteem.
You really need to seek professional help and support, as I fear that incoherent rantings on the internet will do nothing to help you find the answers that you evidently need.

Reactions: D C

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Maybe it's time for us all to abandon this thread, I'm not going to post on it again.

lone_ranger

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2014
I am presuming that gents on this thread are in support of using bicycles as transport. I'm extrapolating (think this may be where I'm going wrong) that they would like females to join in to boost their numbers. I'm aware that if you are not of a certain social/economic background it might not be a conversation you are having anyway. £2k. Do you have to explain that spend to your partner?

GBCS

Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
Hull
No, I'm sorry, I do have to duck out of this thread.

I am not sure if your last post is supposed to be serious, as I genuinely don't understand it.

We can't all be on the same wavelength as everyone else, and perhaps you and I are not destined to enjoy coherent exchanges.

I apologise if my posts haven't made sense to you, or have perhaps frustrated you in some way.

Reactions: Artstu

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Well done all the men on this forum for not addressing the point at all.
I am presuming that gents on this thread are in support of using bicycles as transport. I'm extrapolating (think this may be where I'm going wrong) that they would like females to join in to boost their numbers. I'm aware that if you are not of a certain social/economic background it might not be a conversation you are having anyway. £2k. Do you have to explain that spend to your partner?
I'm with GBCS on this, I still don't know what your point is.

lone_ranger

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2014
I suppose my posts are based on how much money I can set aside for the project. I am very lucky, I managed to save up £1500. There, I've said it. That also means I've made a big (in my world) investment to riding a bicycle.I am committed to the idea that petrol use is austentacious at best. Hate going out the house mysellf, have had to traiin myself to go to work.
If anyone would like to tell me how much money I've saved the NHS by doing this myself, I'd be interested in the debate.

lone_ranger

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2014
I suppose my posts are based on how much money I can set aside for the project. I am very lucky, I managed to save up £1500. There, I've said it. That also means I've made a big (in my world) investment to riding a bicycle.I am committed to the idea that petrol use is austentacious at best. Hate going out the house mysellf, have had to traiin myself to go to work.
If anyone would like to tell me how much money I've saved the NHS by doing this myself, I'd be interested in the debate.
Ha, should have added...how much money are you costing the NHS and what are you doing about it?!

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Talking to yourself again :rolleyes:
Start a new thread about it then.

lone_ranger

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2014
OK, we seem to have become a little lost. I thought the thread was about buying electic bicycles in the UK. I have spent (a lot of ) money, and got (in my opinion) a good bike. It isn't quite the right size, but I got impatient as i thought the January sale price might not last, and I daftly trusted a salesman, rather than someone whom acrually rides bikes and knew sizes. Hey ho, stupid me.
The bike purchase is still one of the best things I've done, it takes a bit of getting used to, your girlfriends laughing their behinds off at your actions!

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
OK, we seem to have become a little lost. I thought the thread was about buying electic bicycles in the UK. I have spent (a lot of ) money, and got (in my opinion) a good bike. It isn't quite the right size, but I got impatient as i thought the January sale price might not last, and I daftly trusted a salesman, rather than someone whom acrually rides bikes and knew sizes. Hey ho, stupid me.
The bike purchase is still one of the best things I've done, it takes a bit of getting used to, your girlfriends laughing their behinds off at your actions!
It would seem that you are having your own conversation within a seperate conversation.

lone_ranger

Pedelecer
Jan 19, 2014
I won't make light any further, as what starts out as light hearted banter can soon be seen as bullying, if one of those involved isn't "keeping up" and that is clearly happening here.
LR, you have demonstrated in your previous posts that you obviously have some very deep "issues" relating to your self esteem.
You really need to seek professional help and support, as I fear that incoherent rantings on the internet will do nothing to help you find the answers that you evidently need.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.