Helmets @ Aldi

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
My thoughts exactly my birth country is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't be able to live there now after 40 years "away" this coming August. As for living in the UK I did for 10 months and I only managed that because in 1976 the climate was reasonably nice :p

Reactions: Lancslass

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
My thoughts exactly my birth country is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't be able to live there now after 40 years "away" this coming August. As for living in the UK I did for 10 months and I only managed that because in 1976 the climate was reasonably nice :p
1976 was a stonker - even here in Lancashire!:D

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I was in Aberdeen the day that summer ended in Scotland. From 20°C to 4°C in twelve hours, snow on the hills when we got up in the morning. The temperature drop was signalled by significant rattling of youth hostel bunks as everyone in the dormitory started shivering in the night. I almost died of hypothermia hitch-hiking out of town. :eek:

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
But that is one of the advantages of living here, the changing of the seasons!:D

......OK I admit that I'm struggling here a bit, I like the sun as much as the next person.:rolleyes::)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
1976 was a stonker - even here in Lancashire!:D
That was down to me I think, spring of that year I traded in my convertible for a tin top!
Dave.
Nice thought, but it was actually our reward from the EU for voting to remain members in the 1975 referendum.

If we do the same this year, we'll get an absolutely brilliant 2017 summer.

Now a question:

Do I get a reward for the most original reason for voting to stay in? :)

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Those of us who still have convertibles dream of sunny skies and continue to live in hope!:rolleyes:
I still have one:), just waiting to come out of hibernation in about 5 weeks time.
Minus 9 last night but blue sky and sunshine today so would have been perfect with top down and heater on.
Dave.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
That was down to me I think, spring of that year I traded in my convertible for a tin top!
Dave.
I thought it was because I had put fertiliser on the lawns, usually guaranties a drought.

Black Dog

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2014
Dave.
No, that was down to me. In the early summer of 76 I was stuck in the garage rebuilding a motorcycle. The day I finished it was a bit late for a test ride, so I promised myself a ride up into the Dales the next day. Guess when the drought broke?

Reactions: D C and Lancslass

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Thinking about it, it was down to me (Spartacus).
That was the first summer that I planted potatoes. 9 pounds of seed spuds went into the ground and 2 pounds of potatoes came out.:rolleyes:
I kid you not and my husband has never let me forget it ever since.:mad:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I went to Sweden and many years later met some Swedish people and when I said the weather was so nice during our trip they said "Ah! You were there in 1979"... :p