Helmets @ Aldi

C

Cyclezee

I just realised that if I had thrown in a reference or two to a great aunt, that would have sounded like an excerpt from 'The Antiques Roadshow'. You know the one...'And how did you come to possess this exquisite object?' The answer is usually, 'It was handed down from my great aunt'......which is a sort of code for 'It was stolen, so don't press me on it!'

Tom
How about this for a exquisite object?
No, not Fiona having her nose wiped, the chair in the background.
20140605_123906@0.jpg 20140605_123645@0.jpg

Reactions: tillson and flecc
C

Cyclezee

The one on the right (chair carving) looks like he didn't make it to the loo
Left to right they are David Cameron, Gordon Brown and Nick Clegg.
The theme is the MP's expenses scandal.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I was criticised for replying to someone's teasing mention of my non-helmet wearing, but I think I should be thanked. It turned a minor very short lived thread about a helmet offer into 6 webpages of discussion about helmet wearing pros and cons, home made soups and entertaining furniture.

Just what the forum needed at a very quiet time! My thanks to all the off-topic contributors. :)

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I was criticised for replying to someone's teasing mention of my non-helmet wearing, but I think I should be thanked. It turned a minor very short lived thread about a helmet offer into 6 webpages of discussion about helmet wearing pros and cons, home made soups and entertaining furniture.

Just what the forum needed at a very quiet time! My thanks to all the off-topic contributors. :)
I stand by my original comment. I've seen many a forum ruined by posters who create such a poor signal to noise ratio, that it makes finding and assimilating information more difficult than it should be. Do realise that I never singled out anybody in particular Flecc. Your input to this forum is usually highly respected.

Reactions: tillson
C

Cyclezee

Whilst we are on the topic of TV news presenters, who's your favourite?
Emily Maitlis gets my vote followed closely by Sophie Long, Reeta Chakrabarti, George Alagiah, Bill Turnbull and Hugh Edwards.

When it comes to radio it's John Humphries and Mishal Husain.

Yes they are all BBC because I don't watch the news on commercial channels apart from RT just for a laugh:rolleyes:

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I stand by my original comment. I've seen many a forum ruined by posters who create such a poor signal to noise ratio, that it makes finding and assimilating information more difficult than it should be. Do realise that I never singled out anybody in particular Flecc. Your input to this forum is usually highly respected.
Of course I noticed that Daniel, don't take that latest post of mine too seriously, I'm well known for such lighthearted humorous teasing! :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes they are all BBC because I don't watch the news on commercial channels apart from RT just for a laugh:rolleyes:
RT isn't all bad though, can sometimes be useful for balance.

And of course there's Al Jazeera which is often worthwhile.

Al Jazeera English HD is on Freeview HD channel 108

Al Jazeera English is also available on Sky Guide channel 514, Freesat channel 203, Freeview channel 83, Virgin Media channel 622.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I don't watch the news , mostly propaganda, they only tell you what they want you to know.

Reactions: flecc and soundwave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't watch the news , mostly propaganda, they only tell you what they want you to know.
That's why I like more than one source from widely differing vewpoints. They're all biased and contain lies, but seeing all sides helps to see the truth that's somewhere between them.

Reactions: Cyclezee
C

Cyclezee

That's why I like more than one source from widely differing viewpoints. They're all biased and contain lies, but seeing all sides helps to see the truth that's somewhere between them.
I would agree with that and would confess to being a bit of a news junkie. China's CCTV News is also worth watching, Japan's NHK is rather wishy washy and as for the American news networks I just go there.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I would agree with that and would confess to being a bit of a news junkie. China's CCTV News is also worth watching, Japan's NHK is rather wishy washy and as for the American news networks I just go there.
Fox News?

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I try to avoid TV news.
As a media recluse I'd rather not see the human race being in humane.
The last report that finaly made me stop watching the news was about people using fighting dogs to attack guide dogs :mad:
I'd like to say I don't care but the truth is I probably care to much.

On a lighter note it's not soup but here's a cake I baked earlier

Last edited:

damian

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2015
Belfast
I try to avoid TV news.
As a media recluse I'd rather not see the human race being in humane.
The last report that finaly made me stop watching the news was about people using fighting dogs to attack guide dogs :mad:
I'd like to say I don't care but the truth is I probably care to much.

On a lighter note it's not soup but here's a cake I baked earlier

I'm not sure. Like cake but I don't like pumpkins.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Like cake but I don't like pumpkins
It was my first cake !
3 layer Sponge with orange buttercream inbetween & under the iceing, I also added 3 grated bars of Terry's chocolate orange to the buttercream :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yellow card!!!! First warning!!!! :eek:

Reactions: soundwave