help!!!! aikema akm-13.0 geared brushless 36v/250w - LCD CK-1

nuke23

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 25, 2019
maybe you can help me:

I bought a new ebike. price was super cheap cause motor doesn't work.so i decided to buy it, i tought was easy to fix.
the motor doesn't start at all!
the bike has no brand.
i just know that the motor is aikema akm-13.0 geared brushless 36v/250w and the computer is an CK-1
battery seem to work fine, is full, i can charge my smartphone by the usb (see pics).
near the chain, there is a red button blinking.
in computer i can change the assisting level but nothing changes, motor never starts.
i don't see any sensor, i mean in the PAS.
i just read on the pedal "SUPER, torque sensor". when i turn on the bike and the computer the red button start to blink.
tried to ask to some bike stores but nobody knew how to help me.
is a sensor problem? or a motor problem? how can i understand it?i'm not expert and tought a bike shop could have helped me easily.
anyone have some ideas? i attach some pics

Attachments

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I am surprised that up to now, nobody has mentioned any thoughts on your problem.
My only thought is that you could check and see how many wires go to the motor, identify them as either "thick" or "thin" and their colours.
This will help in identifying a replacement motor, and simply replace it.
Colours may be different, Chinese companies are not very good at keeping to the correct colours - sadly!
The place where you bought it did tell you that the motor was defective in the first place, maybe they are fully correct, and you bought it cheaply!
Ebay has plenty of cheap motors on offer, mostly from China as far as I can see.
Make sure it is as close to the one that is thought to be broken, as you can.
But it is still taking a chance.....but you might learn a lot!
Your choice and best wishes.
Andy

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
i just know that the motor is aikema akm-13.0 geared brushless 36v/250w and the computer is an CK-1
Your bike has a torque sensor.
The blinking LED means that the controller and torque sensor are on.
Just start pedalling, the motor should kick in.
If you need it serviced, you can bring it to us in Southend.

Colours may be different, Chinese companies are not very good at keeping to the correct colours - sadly!
His Aikema motor is fitted with standard 9-pin motor plug with internal Hall sensors and speed sensor.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Your bike has a torque sensor.
The blinking LED means that the controller and torque sensor are on.
Just start pedalling, the motor should kick in.
If you need it serviced, you can bring it to us in Southend.

His Aikema motor is fitted with standard 9-pin motor plug with internal Hall sensors and speed sensor.
Thats all excellent and very important, but remember that the OP wrote:-
I bought a new ebike. price was super cheap cause motor doesn't work.so i decided to buy it, i tought was easy to fix.
So it appears that he knew/knows that the motor was defective and the bike was brand new, and was being sold off because of apparently motor issues. But I am hopeful for him if you might help him further for a full diagnosis and repair.....
Guessing only, it appears that he wants to do it "DIY", but only he can say how he wants to progress further, if at all!
The more people who can offer help, like yourself, the more likely he can get his bike into some sort of working order, and I am sure that he will be most grateful to all who help.
regards
Andy

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So it appears that he knew/knows that the motor was defective and the bike was brand new, and was being sold off because of apparently motor issues. But I am hopeful for him if you might help him further for a full diagnosis and repair.....
it could well be that they don't know how the bike works.
That bike does not have walk mode nor a throttle.
To start the bike, you need a few pulses from the pedal sensor and a pressure on the torque sensor. Both are built into the chainring, you can't see nor test them.

Last edited:

nuke23

Sep 25, 2019
really thank you to all of you for your answer.
I am italian, and i'm really sorry if i opened this thread and used an old one.
i bought this bike in an auction, then when i met the seller and discovered the motor doesn't want to start. i negotiated the price and took it
i bought the bike cause i thought it was easy to solve the problems, but here 3 bike shops answered " we use only shimano and bosch we don't know hot to solve it".
they didn't lose one second to help me.
i'm not an expert, i tought was possible to test if motor works or not or if it's a PAS problem, and buy one of this or both and finally solve the problem.
motore never started, lcd never signed 1 km as u see in pictures and i tought that the red light blinking was a "sistem error".
i also wrote to the aikema support email without receiving any answer.
so now, do u have suggestions?
how is possible to understand if motor works? does have sense to buy a new pedal sensor and change it (wich one?brand?type?)

than you again, and sorry for my not perfect english.
every suggestion will be very appreciate.
emanuele

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you can't fix it yourself.
As I said, if you bring the bike to our shop in Southend, I'll fix it for you.

nuke23

Sep 25, 2019
i would like to bring the bike to u! but i live in south switzerland! i'm a phisician, i'm sure i can't fix it!!! ;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you need spares to swap out to figure out what's wrong with it!
this system is new and supplied to OEM only.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
thanks, looks like. any manual?
A manual is not going to help, as Woosh says, you really need spare parts to test your system to find the faulty part. There's a good chance that your motor is fine and the problem is the combined controller/TS/PAS unit.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thanks, looks like. any manual?
there isn't much in the manual other than how to connect the controller to the battery and motor.

nuke23

Sep 25, 2019
ok!!! i'm sure is something really stupid in the sensor. the BIG problem is that any bike shop seems to help me :/ . hope to find a solutions in the next days.
thanks a lot!

nuke23

Sep 25, 2019
could u please suggest a PAS easy to put in the bike that i can buy online who works with this motor and have the same cables?