help!!!! aikema akm-13.0 geared brushless 36v/250w - LCD CK-1

nuke23

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 25, 2019
you need spares to swap out to figure out what's wrong with it!
this system is new and supplied to OEM only.

could u please suggest me something to say to the bike repairing shop? i mean something i can say to "open his mind" :) and give some light to his cloudy brain?
if asked to disassemble chain pedals and clean red light blinking and PAS?

nuke23

Sep 25, 2019
Did you check the motor connector, like I suggested in the other thread?
Cable are well connected, i didn’t check resistences, i will ask tomorrow or saturday to the bike shop to do this (i’m not sure they will do it)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The main issue is the bike shop has no way of getting spares as they are not a dealer or have the contacts of the distributor /supplier, it also means they wil have little/no knowledge of the system in use. It is hard and harsh to blame a bike shop for not knowing the bike and to be fair to them they are not going to get involved in trying to look at repairing a bike they can't and then presenting you with an invoice for work that doesn't fix your bikes issue.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
could u please suggest me something to say to the bike repairing shop?
they can test the motor.
It has a standard 9-pin plug, will work with other Chinese bikes having the same plug.
The system is so simple to put together that when it does not work, the only diagnosing mean is to replace the controller and chainring.
How much did you pay for it?

Reactions: Andy-Mat

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Cable are well connected, i didn’t check resistences, i will ask tomorrow or saturday to the bike shop to do this (i’m not sure they will do it)
Well connected isn't enough. It has to be all the way to the marked line!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
they can test the motor.
It has a standard 9-pin plug, will work with other Chinese bikes having the same plug.
The system is so simple to put together that when it does not work, the only diagnosing mean is to replace the controller and chainring.

Most bike shops selling ebikes don't get involved in kits and or diagnostics unless a brand dealer for Bosch/Yamaha etc,etc, so may not have the necessary to just test a hub motor on it's own, pretty sure there not going to mess with another hub bike to find out.
Nuke needs to find an independent outlet like yourself that sells bikes they design/build up or a kit retailer.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh

nuke23

Sep 25, 2019
The main issue is the bike shop has no way of getting spares as they are not a dealer or have the contacts of the distributor /supplier, it also means they wil have little/no knowledge of the system in use. It is hard and harsh to blame a bike shop for not knowing the bike and to be fair to them they are not going to get involved in trying to look at repairing a bike they can't and then presenting you with an invoice for work that doesn't fix your bikes issue.
partially true.
Well connected isn't enough. It has to be all the way to the marked line!

all the way to the marked line! done!!!

nuke23

Sep 25, 2019
they can test the motor.

i paid 135 euro.115 gbp

D

Deleted member 25121

Most bike shops selling ebikes don't get involved I kits and or diagnostics unless a brand dealer for Bosch/Yamaha etc,etc, so may not have the necessary to just test a hub motor on it's own, pretty sure there not going to mess with another hub bike to find out.
Nuke needs to find an independent outlet like yourself that sells bikes they design/build up or a kit retailer.
Or a more entrepreneurial independant bike shop. It's like taking a Ford car to a Fiat garage, they wouldn't want to know but take it to a small independent garage that makes a living out of working with all brands and you should hopefully get a result, particularly if the solution is easy to find.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
i paid 135 euro.115 gbp
that's a very good buy.
you have two options:
1. get it repaired next time you come to visit Southend on Sea
2. change the chainring controller for a standard Chinese kit

nuke23

Sep 25, 2019
i would like to thank you all!!
yes price was good and yes i need to find an indipendent bike store, maybe one who install e bike kit.
i bought this bike cause i tought that change one or even all the system with some cheap kit would have been easy and super cheap at the end!!
maybe i find someone in MILANO. we'll see, i will write here if i find the solution!!
if not, i will send to you in southend!really.

could u please suggest to me a kit that is working with AIKEMA motor?
Both computer and PAS

thanks!

D

Deleted member 25121

Having worked in both Switzerland and Italy I'd say that you'd stand a much better chance of getting it fixed by an Italian shop, a much more entrepreneurial spirit there.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Both computer and PAS
if you find a shop that converts bikes, they'll have something in stock.

Tell them to cut off the 6-pin battery connector, they'll find the usual thick black and red battery wires.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
they can test the motor.
Great comment.
It would also be possible, using a reasonable (but still cheap!) quality Multi-meter, to check the resistance of the motor coils and that they are all similar. Assuming that they measure above a few Ohms, I have never had the need myself to measure one - sadly!
Plus seeing if one is shorted to ground....
Plus, if that all turns out fine, its not that difficult to check the Hall Effect sensors too, with such a meter.
If both areas are fine, that would tend to point the finger in other directions IMHO!
Though if I was asked to guess, I would say its still most likely to be the motor, as it was sold (by a shop or business possibly?) because the motor was defective, even though it was stated to be "new!"
Regards
Andy

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sound like the Op (Nuke) hasn't got the skills to carry out repairs so looks as if he or she is relying on finding a good independent, a dealer likely hasn't the skills to fault find and repair be honest in my view.

Reactions: Andy-Mat

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Great comment.
It would also be possible, using a reasonable (but still cheap!) quality Multi-meter, to check the resistance of the motor coils and that they are all similar. Assuming that they measure above a few Ohms, I have never had the need myself to measure one - sadly!
Plus seeing if one is shorted to ground....
Plus, if that all turns out fine, its not that difficult to check the Hall Effect sensors too, with such a meter.
If both areas are fine, that would tend to point the finger in other directions IMHO!
Though if I was asked to guess, I would say its still most likely to be the motor, as it was sold (by a shop or business possibly?) because the motor was defective, even though it was stated to be "new!"
Regards
Andy
Here we go again. For someone who boasts how much he knows about electrical systems and tells those of us that have been working with these things for decades don't know what we're talking about, you get an awful lot completely wrong. Of course if you had ever actually checked a motor yourself, you would have known that the resistance of the coils is not a few Ohms, but instead it's around 0.25 Ohms, which many meters can't read. And if you were any sort of electrical engineer or had spent any time working on these things, you would know that's not the way to test a motor anyway.

If Nuke23 wants to test his motor, he will need a female motor connector the same as the one the one that's on the controller side of the motor connection. It's possible then to test the motor hall sensors with 3 AA cells or a 5v supply using a voltmeter, and he can test the phase windings with the same meter, though it's easier with one of these.

Either way, he needs that motor connector. This one connects directly to the ebike tester.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Both computer and PAS

thanks!
A Kuenteng KT controlelr and lcd3 with PAS 8 or 10 pole will work and many of us use or have used that system, commonly avaialable form Ali express or various online e-bike shops sucu as BMSBattery, PSWPower, Topbike kit, Greenbike kit.
It may be possible that the existing chainrings and cranks can be used if not then you will need new owns and maybe a bottom bracket as well.

First of all though you do need to confirm somehow that the motor is ok and works. Try a localised search in Italy via Facebook or other social media to see if there is a pedelec community or forum who can help.

Last edited: