help!!!! aikema akm-13.0 geared brushless 36v/250w - LCD CK-1

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That says to me that you REALLY don't know. Surely the correct method of repairing one must be part of the job of someone "in the business" so to say.....
Did you not consider looking on the web for such information, or the websites of the companies making such plugs and sockets.
You can even buy special tools to make the job even simpler, if wished.....
Surely you can "help yourself" to find such information without my help!!
Or not!
MAY I ALSO REMIND YOU OF THE QUESTION IN MY LAST POST AGAIN! Fourth time? You still haven't managed to answer it!
Reminder, who did you mix me up with on Pedelec and use that mixup to be rude and totally ignorant? STILL?
Rather than ranting, just show us how if you believe it can be done. I'll buy you a pint if you can enlighten me by showing how to get a pin out of the motor's 9-pin connector without destroying it.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Rather than ranting, just show us how if you believe it can be done. I'll buy you a pint if you can enlighten me by showing how to get a pin out of the motor's 9-pin connector without destroying it.
Give me/us a full answer to my much repeated question and I will assist you further....

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that petty exchange is not helping.
Let me give you a bit of information I got from the OP:
his speedo meter is not working. Help him fix this and his bike may work again.

D

Deleted member 25121

That says to me that you REALLY don't know. Surely the correct method of repairing one must be part of the job of someone "in the business" so to say.....
Did you not consider looking on the web for such information, or the websites of the companies making such plugs and sockets.
You can even buy special tools to make the job even simpler, if wished.....
Surely you can "help yourself" to find such information without my help!!
Or not!
MAY I ALSO REMIND YOU OF THE QUESTION IN MY LAST POST AGAIN! Fourth time? You still haven't managed to answer it!
Reminder, who did you mix me up with on Pedelec and use that mixup to be rude and totally ignorant? STILL?
A moulded plug has the pins moulded into the plastic, hence the name. They've been used for many decades. The connectors can't be removed without causing damage. Here's an example:
How would you extract a pin from that connector without damaging it?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Your reply tells me that YOU don't know. The correct answer is "You can't remove pins from molded connectors".

Maybe it's time to hand that shovel back...

aardvarkash10

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2021
Thread resurrection and a new forum member here.

I have the same equipment as the OP was having problems with, also bought 2nd hand, and I also need help with a problem.

Bike is a single-speed no-name unit with a "Super" torque-sensing crank, AKM-13.0 rear hub motor and CK-01 display. The crank unit appears to include the controller. It has two leads running into it - one from the display and battery (6-pin), the other to the motor (9-pin)

When I pedal with minimal force, the assist seems to work fine. When I apply slightly more pedal pressure, the assist seems to die off. So, kind of "anti-torque assist".

The display has a 5 stage assist. In the menu settings you can adjust the sensitivity of the motor assitance eg level 01 cuts the assistance in ealry, 20 cuts in it late and hardly at all. This adjustment ALSO impacts the speedo - as the selected level for sensitivity increases, the speedo reads lower. It only appears to be accurate at the 01 setting.

I'm after either or both of two things:

My background is in automotive electrical and electronics so the basics of the kit don't phase me too much, I have meters and a 'scope that I can use to measure and test etc. What I lack is a solid understanding of how this system is MEANT to function, what signals to look for where and when etc. So, basic system operation and fundemental system testing processes is my first want.

Failing that, someone who has struck this problem before and can give me the quick fix solution!

Worth noting I am in New Zealand - the ass end of the world and about a zillion-years away from any decent supply chain. I don't get to just nip down to the local dealer and ask for some plug-in bits to try out. So "replacement testing" is not an option.

Cheers all - help me out!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thread resurrection and a new forum member here.

I have the same equipment as the OP was having problems with, also bought 2nd hand, and I also need help with a problem.

Bike is a single-speed no-name unit with a "Super" torque-sensing crank, AKM-13.0 rear hub motor and CK-01 display. The crank unit appears to include the controller. It has two leads running into it - one from the display and battery (6-pin), the other to the motor (9-pin)

When I pedal with minimal force, the assist seems to work fine. When I apply slightly more pedal pressure, the assist seems to die off. So, kind of "anti-torque assist".

The display has a 5 stage assist. In the menu settings you can adjust the sensitivity of the motor assitance eg level 01 cuts the assistance in ealry, 20 cuts in it late and hardly at all. This adjustment ALSO impacts the speedo - as the selected level for sensitivity increases, the speedo reads lower. It only appears to be accurate at the 01 setting.

I'm after either or both of two things:

My background is in automotive electrical and electronics so the basics of the kit don't phase me too much, I have meters and a 'scope that I can use to measure and test etc. What I lack is a solid understanding of how this system is MEANT to function, what signals to look for where and when etc. So, basic system operation and fundemental system testing processes is my first want.

Failing that, someone who has struck this problem before and can give me the quick fix solution!

Worth noting I am in New Zealand - the ass end of the world and about a zillion-years away from any decent supply chain. I don't get to just nip down to the local dealer and ask for some plug-in bits to try out. So "replacement testing" is not an option.

Cheers all - help me out!
It could be that the control system is working OK, but your battery is knackered.

aardvarkash10

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2021
It could be that the control system is working OK, but your battery is knackered.
Battery charges ok and runs for about 40km.

A might do a peak output test on it though see if it can output current when it goes under load.

Thanks for the suggestion.