help!!!! aikema akm-13.0 geared brushless 36v/250w - LCD CK-1

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It may be possible that the existing chainrings and cranks can be used if not then you will need new owns and maybe a bottom bracket as well.
You can't fit a magnet ring on the drive side with the current kit in place.
The non drive side has the same presentation as you have with GXP/ISIS/Hollowtech bottom brackets.
I would fit a drilled magnet ring to the non drive side crank.

• Informative
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Nuke can buy the KT controller /lcd with pedal sensor for about 100 euros so quite a cheap conversion, the AKM has an internal speed sensor so that is sorted.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Here we go again. For someone who boasts how much he knows about electrical systems and tells those of us that have been working with these things for decades don't know what we're talking about, you get an awful lot completely wrong. Of course if you had ever actually checked a motor yourself, you would have known that the resistance of the coils is not a few Ohms, but instead it's around 0.25 Ohms, which many meters can't read. And if you were any sort of electrical engineer or had spent any time working on these things, you would know that's not the way to test a motor anyway.

If Nuke23 wants to test his motor, he will need a female motor connector the same as the one the one that's on the controller side of the motor connection. It's possible then to test the motor hall sensors with 3 AA cells or a 5v supply using a voltmeter, and he can test the phase windings with the same meter, though it's easier with one of these.

Either way, he needs that motor connector. This one connects directly to the ebike tester.
"Here we go again. For someone who boasts how much he knows about electrical systems and tells those of us that have been working with these things for decades don't know what we're talking about, you get an awful lot completely wrong."
Again you are rude, even though I was NOT addressing you personally..... why is that?
Though the sentence does fit your manner perfectly now you mention it, just in the way you react to others here.....
How would you like it if I jumped on you for every time you are rude to someone here, even if I as not being addressed.....

Please also remember that such simple tools can tell you a lot IF you know just how to interpret the results!
The big "IF" again....
So do please try to be more pleasant, and better mannered in the future with ALL members!! ;) Not just me!!

nuke23

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 25, 2019
Thank u so much!
I found a indipendent bike shop who install e bike kit conversion. Tomorrow i will bring the bike. I will let you know.
A Kuenteng KT controlelr and lcd3 with PAS 8 or 10 pole will work and many of us use or have used that system, commonly avaialable form Ali express or various online e-bike shops sucu as BMSBattery, PSWPower, Topbike kit, Greenbike kit.
It may be possible that the existing chainrings and cranks can be used if not then you will need new owns and maybe a bottom bracket as well.

First of all though you do need to confirm somehow that the motor is ok and works. Try a localised search in Italy via Facebook or other social media to see if there is a pedelec community or forum who can help.

Really thanks! In case i found the broken part this is a good suggestion!

Here we go again. For someone who boasts how much he knows about electrical systems and tells those of us that have been working with these things for decades don't know what we're talking about, you get an awful lot completely wrong. Of course if you had ever actually checked a motor yourself, you would have known that the resistance of the coils is not a few Ohms, but instead it's around 0.25 Ohms, which many meters can't read. And if you were any sort of electrical engineer or had spent any time working on these things, you would know that's not the way to test a motor anyway.

If Nuke23 wants to test his motor, he will need a female motor connector the same as the one the one that's on the controller side of the motor connection. It's possible then to test the motor hall sensors with 3 AA cells or a 5v supply using a voltmeter, and he can test the phase windings with the same meter, though it's easier with one of these.

Either way, he needs that motor connector. This one connects directly to the ebike tester.
Thank you!i can show it tomorrow in case i will need to help the mechanic.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
How would you like it if I jumped on you for every time you are rude to someone here, even if I as not being addressed.....
You started it, which is why I made that opening statement, but I don't pull you up through vindictiveness. Some of what you write is misleading and can make more trouble for these guys that are trying to sort problems instead of solving their problems.

two things: Firstly, It's very dodgy sticking probes into the 9-pin connectors where it's easy (almost impossible to avoid) to short a phase pin to a hall one. If the axle turns, you can wipe out a hall sensor. Sure, if you know what's going on, you can mitigate the risks, but your explanation was missing the pertinent facts and OP probably doesn't have a clue. Secondly, even if he could get sensible measurements using your method, it doesn't mean that his motor is OK. I've never found a motor yet with a phase wire problem, but I've found loads with hall sensors not working, so that's always the first thing to check.

All I say is that if you don't have first hand knowledge or experience, you shouldn't advise people what to do. I know you're only trying to help, but you should save your enthusiasm for the things you actually know about, not what you've read on the internet or have theorised from irrelevant knowledge.

Remember, I used to try and defend you when you had your previous account. It's nothing personal.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I've never found a motor yet with a phase wire problem, but I've found loads with hall sensors not working, so that's always the first thing to check.
I some times find the culprit is in the 9-pin motor cable from the controller. It gets bent at a few places and over time, becomes damaged and short circuits the thinner wires. This problem does not happen on 3-pin motor cables.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Which technique do you use personally to check a Hall sensor with your multimeter?
I use YouTube, there are several videos that can be watched, and the test is really simple to do:-
How to use a purpose built e-bike Tester, (the one shown here costs a little over 10 UK Pounds on ebay, and would be my personal recommendation for home usage, if I needed one! which I have not up to now though, as I am used to using and interpreting meters!) is demonstrated on this video:-
The unit can be seen here:-

The following video is less helpful, unless you have the exact same motor of course,but the basic principles apply to any BLDC motor :-
Re any of the following videos may prove helpful when testing Hall effect sensors and motor windings with a Multimeter:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUjPNIs348
For anyone who wants to better understand Hall Effect sensors:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAA3qeOYiI

I trust that the videos prove helpful to anyone here who wants to test and possibly repair anything to do with BLDC motors, especiallythose on e-bikes.
regards
Andy
You started it, which is why I made that opening statement, but I don't pull you up through vindictiveness. Some of what you write is misleading and can make more trouble for these guys that are trying to sort problems instead of solving their problems.

two things: Firstly, It's very dodgy sticking probes into the 9-pin connectors where it's easy (almost impossible to avoid) to short a phase pin to a hall one. If the axle turns, you can wipe out a hall sensor. Sure, if you know what's going on, you can mitigate the risks, but your explanation was missing the pertinent facts and OP probably doesn't have a clue. Secondly, even if he could get sensible measurements using your method, it doesn't mean that his motor is OK. I've never found a motor yet with a phase wire problem, but I've found loads with hall sensors not working, so that's always the first thing to check.

All I say is that if you don't have first hand knowledge or experience, you shouldn't advise people what to do. I know you're only trying to help, but you should save your enthusiasm for the things you actually know about, not what you've read on the internet or have theorised from irrelevant knowledge.

Remember, I used to try and defend you when you had your previous account. It's nothing personal.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018

Understanding theory and applying it in practise, is something that I was apparently born with, as far as I can tell, at least I do not remember ever having any problems putting theory into practice.....
But people who do not have this, sometimes theorize wrongly about it....
Furthermore, what "previous account" are you talking about?
I have only ever had a single account here on pedelec.
You are mixing things up again in your head, and thereby you have apparently made a serious error of judgement and basic manners!

I would appreciate an apology for your errors of judgement demonstrated here on Pedelec, but judging by your posts recently, my best guess is that is not something that you can do, ever!
I would like to be proven wrong on that one point alone!
Can you?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
maybe you can help me:

I bought a new ebike. price was super cheap cause motor doesn't work.so i decided to buy it, i tought was easy to fix.
the motor doesn't start at all!
the bike has no brand.
i just know that the motor is aikema akm-13.0 geared brushless 36v/250w and the computer is an CK-1
battery seem to work fine, is full, i can charge my smartphone by the usb (see pics).
near the chain, there is a red button blinking.
in computer i can change the assisting level but nothing changes, motor never starts.
i don't see any sensor, i mean in the PAS.
i just read on the pedal "SUPER, torque sensor". when i turn on the bike and the computer the red button start to blink.
tried to ask to some bike stores but nobody knew how to help me.
is a sensor problem? or a motor problem? how can i understand it?i'm not expert and tought a bike shop could have helped me easily.
anyone have some ideas? i attach some pics
I recently found a good tester for a BLDC Motor on an e-bike, and I just found the same tester here, at a very low price, including postage:-
It is about UK Pounds 7.30!!
Maybe its something any e-biker should consider buying for his toolkit?
I have underlined the important bits for your bike problems:-
Specifications:
Name: Electric car Scooter Brushless Controller Tester
Applicable Machine: 24V/36V/48V/60V / 72V
Working Temperature: -20°C-50°C
Relative temperature ≤80°c
Dimension:10.5 * 7.5mm

Features:
*quickly test whether the brushless motor coil is good or bad
*quickly test whether the brushless controller good or bad
*quickly test whether the the brushless motor phase sequence is ABC and abc colors
*quickly test whether the the phase angle is 60 degrees or 120 degrees
* quickly test whether the brushless motor Hall's good or bad

Package included:
1 X Brushless motor tester
1 X Manual in English

regards
Andy

D

Deleted member 25121

I use YouTube, there are several videos that can be watched, and the test is really simple to do:-
How to use a purpose built e-bike Tester, (the one shown here costs a little over 10 UK Pounds on ebay, and would be my personal recommendation for home usage, if I needed one! which I have not up to now though, as I am used to using and interpreting meters!) is demonstrated on this video:-
The unit can be seen here:-

The following video is less helpful, unless you have the exact same motor of course,but the basic principles apply to any BLDC motor :-
Re any of the following videos may prove helpful when testing Hall effect sensors and motor windings with a Multimeter:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUjPNIs348
For anyone who wants to better understand Hall Effect sensors:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAA3qeOYiI

I trust that the videos prove helpful to anyone here who wants to test and possibly repair anything to do with BLDC motors, especiallythose on e-bikes.
regards
Andy
Ah, so you can't check a Hall sensor with just your multimeter, as you were saying earlier.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Ah, so you can't check a Hall sensor with just your multimeter, as you were saying earlier.
You really should learn to read fully and with comprehension.....BEFORE POSTING RUBBISH!
Because if you had looked at the links I posted, at least TWO showed you how to diagnose Hall Effect Sensors using a standard multi-meter!
I can tell you,its very, very simple to do.
JUST FOR YOU PERSONALLY!
TIP, it even shows a picture of a Multi-Meter on the video still!!
But if you are still unable to find and comprehend, tell me and I will post them again, just for you!!! OK?
I believe you need to read post #48 AGAIN, SLOWLY! And do look at the pretty pictures....

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You really should learn to read fully and with comprehension.....BEFORE POSTING RUBBISH!
Because if you had looked at the links I posted, at least TWO showed you how to diagnose Hall Effect Sensors using a standard multi-meter!
JUST FOR YOU PERSONALLY!
But if you are still unable to find and comprehend, tell me and I will post them again, just for you!!! OK?
But none of those methods work when you have a 9-pin connector, which is what OP has!

Reactions: ebiker99

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
But none of those methods work when you have a 9-pin connector, which is what OP has!
Please explain why, you just need to adapt that simple process using basic sensor knowledge.....You doneed to understand how they work to test the output of a three or two wire works. The difference is only the way they are wired in the motor.
Understanding the way those sensors work (I posted a short video explaining that as well, did you not see it?), will allow tests to be made using a meter.
What you imply is simply not true, except for yourself maybe. But it is really simple.
Here is the video I previously posted to explain how they work:-
I have also attached some data sheets which are really easy to understand:-

Attachments

D

Deleted member 25121

JUST FOR YOU PERSONALLY!
I believe you need to read post #48 AGAIN, SLOWLY! And do look at the pretty pictures....
Look, you need the 9 pin connector in place to get the 5v to the Hall effect sensor in which case how can you access the output signal from the sensor?
Please can you explain this to us....

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Please explain why, you just need to adapt that simple process using basic sensor knowledge.....You doneed to understand how they work to test the output of a three or two wire works. The difference is only the way they are wired in the motor.
Understanding the way those sensors work (I posted a short video explaining that as well, did you not see it?), will allow tests to be made using a meter.
What you imply is simply not true, except for yourself maybe. But it is really simple.
Here is the video I previously posted to explain how they work:-
I have also attached some data sheets which are really easy to understand:-
If you had actually tried it, you would know why you can't do it like that.

Reactions: Andy-Mat

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I had to like your post, it is so funny! Also because it demonstrates again, just how little you know about electronics, and particularly about hall effect sensors.
I can tests them, many on e-bike YouTube videos can test them. They even show how on YouTube.....
Almost like "Testing Hall Effect Sensors for Dummies videos.....
You might possibly have to push a pin out on some connectors, but that is not difficult to do, surely you don't need me to tell you how to do that, as anyone working in the "e-bike Industry", as you profess, must know such simple things as that!
Look at this video:-
What do you not understand?
A further question that you have not answered up to now for some reason, who are you mixing me up with on Pedelec? Apparently the reason, you said, for your unfriendly rudeness in all your posts to me.
Let me categorically state that I have never had a different name or had anything else to do with Pedelec, other than my one account!
Another error in your judgement is how I see it! Please answer!

Andy

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I had to like your post, it is so funny! Also because it demonstrates again, just how little you know about electronics, and particularly about hall effect sensors.
I can tests them, many on e-bike YouTube videos can test them. They even show how on YouTube.....
You might possibly have to push a pin out on some connectors, but that is not difficult to do, surely you don't need me to tell you how to do that, as anyone working in the "e-bike Industry", as you profess, must know such simple things as that!
A further question that you have not answered up to now for some reason, who are you mixing me up with on Pedelec? Apparently the reason, you said, for your unfriendly rudeness in all your posts to me.
Let me categorically state that I have never had a different name or had anything else to do with Pedelec, other than my one account!

Andy
Perhaps you can enlighten us... How do you push a pin out of a molded connector?

Reactions: ebiker99

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

Andy
If you had actually tried it, like I said, you would know why you can't do it.

Here's a suggestion: Watch those Youtube videos, then make a video of yourself doing it on your bike to elighten us.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Perhaps you can enlighten us... How do you push a pin out of a molded connector?
That says to me that you REALLY don't know. Surely the correct method of repairing one must be part of the job of someone "in the business" so to say.....
Did you not consider looking on the web for such information, or the websites of the companies making such plugs and sockets.
You can even buy special tools to make the job even simpler, if wished.....
Surely you can "help yourself" to find such information without my help!!
Or not!
MAY I ALSO REMIND YOU OF THE QUESTION IN MY LAST POST AGAIN! Fourth time? You still haven't managed to answer it!
Reminder, who did you mix me up with on Pedelec and use that mixup to be rude and totally ignorant? STILL?