How to add a throttle to a Carrera Vengeance E Spec

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Hi I have tried to contact lazylegs but unfortunately have had no reply
I have The Carrera Vulcan although it’s a nice bike the pedal assist cuts out at 15.5 mph which becomes a bit frustrating I was hoping that the throttle would give it a bit more kick but when I have been on lazylegs web page it states the throttle is currently out of stock
Maybe someone on here could shed a little light on the subject as iam considering replacing the Vulcan with something that can achieve 20 + mph ( off road of course)
If you read the thread you'll find it's still being developed. It won't make the bike go faster. I think I'm going to change the controller to a configurable one with a normal throttle

William Norton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2018
If you read the thread you'll find it's still being developed. It won't make the bike go faster. I think I'm going to change the controller to a configurable one with a normal throttle
Hi thanks do you have a Vulcan ? Iam not very technical at all what would changing the controller achieve
Iam wanting my bike to just push the 20 / 25 mph

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Hi thanks do you have a Vulcan ? Iam not very technical at all what would changing the controller achieve
Iam wanting my bike to just push the 20 / 25 mph
There is no guarantee that it will make it faster. Depends on the motor windings. You buy a controller and display that has configurable speed and swap it out. Because the Carrera has non standard connectors unless I can find a supplier I will have to solder the wires or add crimp connectors

William Norton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2018
Many thanks I will probably sell the Vulcan and buy a custom ebike that can achieve the speed I require

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
can anyone post a few pictures of the motor's connector for reference?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There is no guarantee that it will make it faster. Depends on the motor windings.
This is a very good point, knowing the motor rpm (winding speed) would indicate it's possible potential with a KT 17 or 20a controller. It may have little or no real effect or would prove otherwise.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
This is a very good point, knowing the motor rpm (winding speed) would indicate it's possible potential with a KT 17 or 20a controller. It may have little or no real effect or would prove otherwise.
It can still manage 16.7 mph on a flat battery so I would say it should manage 20mph on a full charge, maybe more

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Can you change the led controller to lcd controller on a Carrera vengance
Yes but there is not much space so you would have to mount the controller in a separate bag or box unless you can find a really small one. The display would just be a straight swap

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
What one would I need to get?
You need to look what connectors yours has and get one with the same ones for minimum fuss. If like the Vulcan that is impossible to find then you will need to change them but I think the vengeance is easier. And make sure it's a 36v one

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Mike Carlin

Just Joined
Aug 28, 2018
HI Steve

I was pointed to yourself on the Pedelec forum

We have an EMU bike here with a Lishui Mini controller.
The customer would like a throttle fitting on to his bike but the company themselves said it cannot be done.

Do you have experience or the service to do one?

Many thanks

Mike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
We have an EMU bike here with a Lishui Mini controller.
The customer would like a throttle fitting on to his bike but the company themselves said it cannot be done.

this technique works with all Chinese pedal sensors.

Mike Carlin

Just Joined
Aug 28, 2018
this technique works with all Chinese pedal sensors.
Thanks for the reply.

We are after someone to convert the EMU bike to accept a hand throttle, is this some thing you have available as a service?
The control unit currently cannot accept it (we've tried plugging one in) and the manufacture said it cannot be done.

Gretzky

Just Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Hello all!
My first post on here. I have a Carrera Vengeance, had it about 10 months and for the most part love it. I am interested in adding a throttle, I tried contacting Lazy Legs via the web site and Facebook page but no reply. Does anyone know what’s happening with their product?

Advertisers