Hub Motor Kit Outlet

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that's a rear hub motor. The denomination CST means the motor lid is fitted with an adapter for a cassette instead of threaded for fitting a freewheel.
The classic range of 8-Fun (and Bafang) front hub motors comprises the SWXU (lightweight), SWXK2 (standard, used in our Sundowner), SWX02 (medium size, medium power) and BPM (large and high torque used on our Big Bear).

Reactions: Andy88

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Thats cleared it up for me, such a lot to take in. I would just opt for the BigBear but I'm trying to find something like a hybrid with an igh but so many look flakey, can that big bear Motor be fitted on to any decent bike?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The SWXK2 and SWXU can fit any bike.

If you want to fit the BPM, we need to make sure that your fork is suitable to take the torque and preferably have disc brake fitting.

A rigid steel fork like this is strong and gives excellent damping. This kit is one of the earlier versions with the controller in a box. The current version has the controller sealed inside its casing with plug and play cabling.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
The SWXK2 and SWXU can fit any bike.

If you want to fit the BPM, we need to make sure that your fork is suitable to take the torque and preferably have disc brake fitting.

A rigid steel fork like this is strong and gives excellent damping. This kit is one of the earlier versions with the controller in a box. The current version has the controller sealed inside its casing with plug and play cabling.

You've answered everything that I wanted to know, I've saved this and the picture too.

It looks like I'll be making a trip to Southend on Sea.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My bpm 350w hub is in Suntour sus ali fork dropouts with double T/A's now over 1700 miles with no issues.
A stealthier option for the Nexus/Alfine may be a BBS01 but for shear effortless riding the bpm must be tops.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
My bpm 350w hub is in Suntour sus ali fork dropouts with double T/A's now over 1700 miles with no issues.
A stealthier option for the Nexus/Alfine may be a BBS01 but for shear effortless riding the bpm must be tops.
Thanks for sharing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
You can fit either motor to the two selected bikes. Everything is a trade-off, torque v weight.
If you could come to Southend, I have 6 bikes that I reckon you would enjoy riding from the Woosh range. They are all different, only test rides will show up which one suits you best. The bike shop up the road from us stocks German made e-bikes, you can test ride them too.

Last edited:

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
only you know how much torque you like to have, by test riding various bikes. In principle, you can fit either motor to the two selected bikes. Everything is a trade-off, torque v weight.
If you could come to Southend, I have 6 bikes that I reckon you would enjoy riding from the woosh range, they are all different, only test rides will show up which one suits you best. The bike shop up the road from us stock German made e-bikes, you can test ride them too.
Im 18st, all I want to do is go from a to b with as less stress and oily chains as possible

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Big Bears and BPM motors are best for your weight.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
yes, we do keep them, and the GSM CD kits.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can aluminium forks handle the bpm on front wheel?
The two bikes you have shown will probably have Eccentric B/B's so not really suitable for mid drive, the front forks will probably not have much meat in the drop out area so a BPM may cause stress/cracking to the ali, steel would be better or you could fit a less torquie hub like the SWX's. Steel need no T/A's but ali does.
My Suntour ali forks with the bpm are very chunky in the drop out area and have a one piece T/A in place on each side to resist any torque issues.
Before buying any cycle for conversion you do need to look at the component parts to see if they are suitable to be able to take a kit conversion.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
The two bikes you have shown will probably have Eccentric B/B's so not really suitable for mid drive, the front forks will probably not have much meat in the drop out area so a BPM may cause stress/cracking to the ali, steel would be better or you could fit a less torquie hub like the SWX's. Steel need no T/A's but ali does.
My Suntour ali forks with the bpm are very chunky in the drop out area and have a one piece T/A in place on each side to resist any torque issues.
Before buying any cycle for conversion you do need to look at the component parts to see if they are suitable to be able to take a kit conversion.
Thanks Neal H. What is B/B?

Im discovering that even the few bike conversion companys and individuals that I have managed to speak to are not sure of compatibility and I'm also finding contradictions. Interestingly I can't find any major bike manufacturers that are adopting hub motors, they all favour bosch, yamaha or steps CD.

Interestingly the Raleigh Strada does have an electric version, has it had frame modifications to take the CD motor?

I would just buy something pre built but I really want a throttle and the price point of 2k vs 1.3k with a BBS01 is quite substantial.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
You can fit either motor to the two selected bikes. Everything is a trade-off, torque v weight.
If you could come to Southend, I have 6 bikes that I reckon you would enjoy riding from the Woosh range. They are all different, only test rides will show up which one suits you best. The bike shop up the road from us stocks German made e-bikes, you can test ride them too.
I missed this thread. Ultimately thats what is going to have to happen, I only need to ride 500m to know.

Once I've selected a bike whether off the shelf woosh or conversion how much is shipping within the UK?