Hub Motor Kit Outlet

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
The only reason that I would go for a lighter ebike, fitted with a kit, would be to throw it around cross country. They're a nightmare to pedal unassisted. :)
I agree, also if a used cannondale, specialized etc, if upgrading can take the kit off put original front wheel back on and still get half back what you originally paid for the bike and put ekit on the new bike. Does this make sense?

Without any disrespect to woosh and this is only a question but surely, say a second hand specialized that originally cost £550 must have better frame and components than any off the shelf ebike that cost under £1200?

We can argue wear and tear on a used bike but everything is replaceable and a good frame will outlive me.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that is generally the case. However, it could be argued that a brand new converted bike would never look as logical and tidy as a Woosh bike!

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
that is generally the case. However, it could be argued that a brand new converted bike would never look as logical and tidy as a Woosh bike!
Agreed, but many things I have done in my life have been illogical, hence 27 years in Asia, LOL.

Going the conversion route is not set in stone but if I do then it will be a Woosh motor. You guys at Woosh and Wisper along with a few other dealers are awesome, well done!

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and Woosh

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
You have a very good attitude, that goes a long way for me in this day and age.

Everything you have explained to me is appreciated and has helped me make a buying decision.

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't forget that it's best to get a bike with steel forks for the Bg Bear kit. You can fit it to most forks, but there are some risks and complications.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Don't forget that it's best to get a bike with steel forks for the Bg Bear kit. You can fit it to most forks, but there are some risks and complications.
How about I consult with a shop buy a frame and bits and ask a shop to make the bike for a fee?

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
I wouldn't worry about how easy it was to pedel unassisted cause you'll never do it,av tried it a few times just to get an idea what it would be like if I ran out of battery and it's not nice,these are heavy bikes!!! on my control pad there are 5 levels of assist and the way it works for me is - no1 cancels out the weight of the bike, no2 onwards makes life a lot easier, I mostly use level 2 + the throttle for any hills.

Reactions: Andy88

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
How about I consult with a shop buy a frame and bits and ask a shop to make the bike for a fee?
That would probably work out pretty expensive and unless you need something unique and special you should just go with the flow, I would be surprised if you weren't impressed by ANY ebike that you tried, its very easy to over think things these days because of all the information available on the Internet.

• Agree

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
That would probably work out pretty expensive and unless you need something unique and special you should just go with the flow, I would be surprised if you weren't impressed by ANY ebike that you tried, its very easy to over think things these days because of all the information available on the Internet.
I'll agree with you on that one, its a lot easier deciding a car or motorbike.

Your bike is a woosh?

• Agree