Is the firmware on "New" version BBS01b controllers configurable?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it can work with bosch motors but it is expensive but open source and no can bus *******

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The extra cost puts me off and do not mind the 2 week wait , but if you can get the 36 v etm version from brighton e bikes you will be very happy with its legal extra torque power
PS not ever tried a warranty claim just get on with it [ if it was a tsdz2 it would be a constant email :eek::rolleyes:
Warranty on my controller is: send to China, pay post only - but I knackered it myself, so it's not possible anyway... :rolleyes:

They don't deliver the ETM, I asked - You have to actually travel to Brighton and pick up the damn thing yourself, or pay someone to do it. They also don't sell it minus the battery. Maybe next time ;) ... or this time if I keep dwelling on it...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
it can work with bosch motors but it is expensive but open source and no can bus *******
It works with Bosch?!!?!? You must be sorely tempted...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The extra cost puts me off and do not mind the 2 week wait , but if you can get the 36 v etm version from brighton e bikes you will be very happy with its legal extra torque power
PS not ever tried a warranty claim just get on with it [ if it was a tsdz2 it would be a constant email :eek::rolleyes:
...and is it actually a ETM or just a BBS02b or something else rebadged? I can't see a "ETM" Bafang 250W 36V sold anywhere else. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Had the etm version a few years back if you want 36 v and more power its ok, mine came from em3 in the us but requires 25 amps+ and a high capacity battery with a high current bms [its similar spec to the 500watt bbs02 version]

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
It works with Bosch?!!?!? You must be sorely tempted...
no way you could fit that inside the motor tho but you could use there chip and make one.

DSC_0115_01.JPG

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Had the etm version a few years back if you want 36 v and more power its ok, mine came from em3 in the us but requires 25 amps+ and a high capacity battery with a high current bms [its similar spec to the 500watt bbs02 version]
Cheers! That's good to know re: em3 - the BBS01B manages all the hills thus far, albeit with a struggle on the steepest ones. The ETM is definitely on my mind.

What happened to your ETM? Have you still got it? Did it blow up?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
check out all his batts at end of video :eek:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
check out all his batts at end of video :eek:
He's obviously a man obsessed! Easily done - I just need mine to get me to work and whenever I start to get obsessed, I force myself to think of something else... like with my other obsessions - saves time, costs less money.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
No it is alive and lives in Milton Keynes:cool:
Does anything at all live in Milton Keynes? All I've ever seen while driving through is roundabouts and shrubbery! I saw part of a shopping centre once...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there is a reason you spot weld batts together and not use solder and speaker cable.

heat damages the cells and if you put to much solder down you can short the cell!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
there is a reason you spot weld batts together and not use solder and speaker cable.

heat damages the cells and if you put to much solder down you can short the cell!

I've seen inexpensive looking spot welding machines for batteries - ever fancy having a go at making your own battery packs for your Bosch? Not something I'd tackle, I don't think.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you cant recell the bosch batts as they booby trap the bms as the use can bus to talk to the motor controller and display.

a bosch batt wont even turn on unless it gets this signal and if you use a meter on the pos neg it will show nothing.

ebike vision make 3rd party ones that will work but wont post to the uk.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
you cant recell the bosch batts as they booby trap the bms as the use can bus to talk to the motor controller and display.

a bosch batt wont even turn on unless it gets this signal and if you use a meter on the pos neg it will show nothing.

ebike vision make 3rd party ones that will work but wont post to the uk.
A battery replacement holiday in Denmark? Looks a bit grim on the telly...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
got a new cx motor now and have 2 batts just the 400w one is near 7 years old but still going but new ones are a fkn rip off 500w rrp 699.

• Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
got a new cx motor now and have 2 batts just the 400w one is near 7 years old but still going but new ones are a fkn rip off 500w rrp 699.
Why not just buy the Bafang ETM? 100nm torque etc. for £200 more from Brighton ebikes, battery included.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
wont fit as totally different.

old motor was 60nm the cx is 75nm, and gen4 motors are now 85nw but they wont fit the frame as different mounts.