Is the firmware on "New" version BBS01b controllers configurable?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
plod dont care unless you kill someone i ride past them and dont even care how fast im going.

tho take a pit bike screaming up the field and out comes airwolf pmsl
I see illegal ebikes ALL THE TIME! Someone zoomed past me today at about 35mph - I couldn't see what the ebike was that he was riding, but it accelerated even faster as it passed by. There's bound to be a crackdown sooner or later.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no idea lol but if i order a take away on just eat the man has a 1500w hub motor bike pmsl.

RobAV

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2021
...and is it actually a ETM or just a BBS02b or something else rebadged? I can't see a "ETM" Bafang 250W 36V sold anywhere else. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places...
It's just a Bbs01b with the latest standard 20amp controller, afaik the b suffix 250w and 350w share the same controller (and possibly the 36v 500w), the difference is the factory programming ( note the codes on the top of the motor case) not the actual controller itself. There is no ETM 250w, it's marketing codswallop. As for extra thick wiring or something of the like, they're pulling your pants down trying to fool the gullible. Use your brain no manufacturer is going to custom build a motor that could lead to court cases for a small outlet for no fee are they?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's just a Bbs01b with the latest standard 20amp controller, afaik the b suffix 250w and 350w share the same controller (and possibly the 36v 500w), the difference is the factory programming ( note the codes on the top of the motor case) not the actual controller itself. There is no ETM 250w, it's marketing codswallop. As for extra thick wiring or something of the like, they're pulling your pants down trying to fool the gullible. Use your brain no manufacturer is going to custom build a motor that could lead to court cases for a small outlet for no fee are they?
They've used the same photo to represent both - the ETM is slightly zoomed, that's the only difference:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Lol, they've stopped offering the controllers for sale online, all I did was ask a few questions!

They removed it last night.

It's a strange way to run a business - no delivery for the ETM, they won't sell the ETM on it's own, no Paypal option, evasiveness in response to simple questions... it does not bode well.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Mine arrived today order placed 19/09/21 had been reposted from a uk address/mail centre so no extra cost
Have always used the suggested post method on check out 10 to 14 days
PS Have attempted to remove the potting putty and gave up do not have the patience or steady enough hands any longer :rolleyes:
Peter.c - The price is good, your experience is positive so I've decided to order from green ebike, but which is the suggested shipping method? I'm at the checkout screen and no particular shipping method is selected by default. Did you use "UKEXPIE[Arrival time:10-20 Days] $10.24"?

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Yes thats the option i used arrives in the uk as part of a larger order and is then reposted to individual buyers
The etm from em3 ev was real it had the 36v 500watt controller and 250watt engraved on the case not just a sticker put out 800watts +
A seller in Germany sells the bbs02 48 v 500watt as legal 250watt with just a sticker changed
it has to be buyer beware some sellers just move boxes and outright lie about legal or not

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes thats the option i used arrives in the uk as part of a larger order and is then reposted to individual buyers
Thanks peter.c I'll order. They haven't responded to my email query, maybe they're just slow with emails. They'd have to respond to a Paypal case, if nothing turns up lol. Paypal have always refunded me, whenever problems have arisen.

Green ebike sell the complete bare motor too! So I'd get spare bearings and spare nylon gear...

The etm from em3 ev was real it had the 36v 500watt controller and 250watt engraved on the case not just a sticker put out 800watts +
A seller in Germany sells the bbs02 48 v 500watt as legal 250watt with just a sticker changed
it has to be buyer beware some sellers just move boxes and outright lie about legal or not

A pedelecer with a positive experience of Brighton ebikes and their Bafang 36V ETM:

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Mine arrived today order placed 19/09/21 had been reposted from a uk address/mail centre so no extra cost
Have always used the suggested post method on check out 10 to 14 days
PS Have attempted to remove the potting putty and gave up do not have the patience or steady enough hands any longer :rolleyes:
Did you get any tracking info with your order from Green Bike Kit, or did it simply turn up out of the blue one day? I'm a bit worried about nobody being at home, when they attempt delivery...

They don't respond to questions submitted via their contact form. Have they all died of Covid-19?