Is there a governing body to report a rogue e bike trader/retailer to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
You would be amazed at how many times warranties are claimed for parts that have been smashed in accidents. In the majority of cases we take a view and replace the parts but we have had some real beauties!

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Damn. ..... I never claimed when the screw worked loose and fell out of the stand in France.

Wired it up and when home robbed a screw from a light fitting. New rule is carry a screwdriver with me and tighten it up before a ride.

• :D
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Which reminds me of this thread and the comments left.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/major-problems-with-bosch-performance-system.23375/

Quite some time back and purley by chance, I found out more about this case, and what the OP neglected to state was that the bike was in a terrible state of maintenance, had been crashed, and that he had put a self tapping screw through the console, which made contact within.

People should be more careful before jumping in without first knowing the facts.

edit... As for having a dark side, would we really be human if we didn't.
& you were the one who disliked my post above about new posters not telling the full story!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I have had a look back at Alan's emails. I think the issue is he worried about is the new bike has different serial numbers from the one originally supplied by On Bike. We did make an error when we sent the second replacement out and did not make a note of the battery and frame numbers. Alan has asked me to write to him stating that the bike and battery belong to him. I am of course happy to do this.

Last week I asked him to send me the numbers so I could compose the letter, thus far I have not had these details. As soon as I get them I can write the letter.

All the best, David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Mmm ...., not the first time we've had a relatively new member on here starting a thread about a 'problem trader' telling half or less of a story.

Sometimes I think that we get posters on here doing similar in an attempt to embarrass the trader concerned into acceding to their unreasonable demands.
Absolutely bang on Wander!

All the best, David

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
This thread started off as 'Rogue Trader' and 'Duff' deal.
So, having heard the facts, where is the Rogue and what was Duff?
People have unnecessarily had their reputations besmirched.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Mike, it really doesn't matter how much one tries to help, there are always people ready to put the boot in. It's too easy nowadays to wreck someones good name if everything does not go exactly according to plan.

Incidentally we have now checked the returned bike and apart from it being well used we cannot find any faults.

This whole debacle has cost my company a small fortune, it appears for absolutely no reason.

I have been called a Rogue Trader who offers Duff deals!

My integrity has been called into question and I have had my attempts to resolve this non-existent problem as "antics".

However...

I must admit to one thing... I do think I can feel my dark side coming on!!

This is the best one...

Alan posted this....

"I bought the bike and he is not prepared to honour the warranty despite the fact that it is new, and will not supply me with a bill of sale so that I can insure the bike."

.... after I have replaced the bike with a brand new one and upgraded his battery FOC!

Alan now has a brand new bike with a £200 upgraded battery and still he is not happy because he has not had a letter from me. A letter I cannot send until I have information from him.

What really hurts is there was nothing wrong with his original bike.

All the best

David

Last edited:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
My experience of dealing with OnBike & what was Wisper before the name change to AMPS, has been nothing but first class.

Older members may remember my Grace MX problems, that was sorted better than I could have dared wish for.

I currently have two bike's imported by David that have been so ably looked after by OnBike and a friend also has two bikes from them.

I was amazed when this thread drifted towards causing embarrassment to these firms, not what it started out to do.

Please think on in future.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks Mike, it really doesn't matter how much one tries to help, there are always people ready to put the boot in. It's too easy nowadays to wreck someones good name
What really hurts is there was nothing wrong with his original bike.
Couldn't agree more!

People often jump on the bandwagon assuming that when someone makes a post they are telling the (whole) truth. As I've already said there have been many posters on here that only tell half the story & well done for David coming on here to flesh it out a bit.

IMO there's an awful lot of laws & regulations to protect consumers from rogue traders. There perhaps should be a bit more to protect retailers from rogue consumers!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Amps have done such a first rate job of dealing with this situation, that this thread is the first time I've heard of any Issues at all with a bike that we have supplied to the OP. Thanks for looking after it David.
That's my pleasure Martin. We could tell this was going to be a tricky one when one of the most experienced and well informed pedelecers in the country told us there was nothing wrong with the bike. (Thanks D8veh)

TBH it's been a nightmare, although to be fair it wasn't all the OP's doing, Tuffnells played their part as only Tuffnells can. At least we are getting the cost of the lost bike back from them!

All the best, David

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
how the hell can they loose a bike? its bloody massive lol

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
how the hell can they loose a bike? its bloody massive lol
They lost two!!! And yes they are bloody massive in their boxes, massive!

We do have one back now and I wouldn't be surprised if the second one turned up too!

All the best, David

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.