is this possible

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
I'm having a job to find a kit that has a standard 26 inch wheel (ladies step through bike) and someone suggested if I bought the kit it would be possible to remove the hub/motor and put it into my wheel with different spokes. Does this sound feasible and does anyone know who could do it for me, many thanks

C

Cyclezee

Hi Ann,

Can you please list what it is that you already have and exactly what it is that you want/need?
We can custom build any hub motor into any rim from 16" to 29".

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the OP has a 650A wheel. I did warn her that not many suppliers have that size.
Simplest solution may be to get a 650B kit and adjust the rim brakes to fit.

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
I have a Cinzia ladies low step through bike with a standard (old fashioned) 26 inch wheel and I want a kit for it, preferably twist throttle and pannier battery. I've tried two companies so far Panda and Ebikes , Panda sent out what they said was a 26 in but it was much smaller I've had a thread going about it in things for sale under the trike carrier I'm selling. Ebikes are checking but they to think they have a different 26in. Don't ask me the differences, I like my bike which is in as new condition having never been used buy the seller and have just bought for conversion. I don't want a thumb throttle as I use the throttle to get going ( I mount the old fashioned ladies way) and don't want pedal assist, any suggestions?

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
the OP has a 650A wheel. I did warn her that not many suppliers have that size.
Simplest solution may be to get a 650B kit and adjust the rim brakes to fit.
whats a 650B kit and isn't that the one with the smaller wheel, I'd then have a bigger back wheel ? would that be ok to use

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

I have a Cinzia ladies low step through bike with a standard (old fashioned) 26 inch wheel and I want a kit for it, preferably twist throttle and pannier battery. I've tried two companies so far Panda and Ebikes , Panda sent out what they said was a 26 in but it was much smaller I've had a thread going about it in things for sale under the trike carrier I'm selling. Ebikes are checking but they to think they have a different 26in. Don't ask me the differences, I like my bike which is in as new condition having never been used buy the seller and have just bought for conversion. I don't want a thumb throttle as I use the throttle to get going ( I mount the old fashioned ladies way) and don't want pedal assist, any suggestions?
If your existing rim is in good condition we can custom build one of our eZee hub motors into it.

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
Right now ebikes have a kit including the wheel size 50-550-26x1.95 tyre size, is that a 650B? or any good to me with a standard 26in on the back, please help as I'm pulling my hair out

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
If your existing rim is in good condition we can custom build one of our eZee hub motors into it.
I'd need the whole kit though and am on a limited budget having lost so much money with sending things back, we wouldn't know what to buy if it didn't come with all the other bits and peices

C

Cyclezee

What are the dimensions written on the tyre?
What is the exact model of Cinzia bike?

C

Cyclezee

I'd need the whole kit though and am on a limited budget having lost so much money with sending things back, we wouldn't know what to buy if it didn't come with all the other bits and peices
I'm afraid we don't supply cheap kits, complete eZee kit prices start at £795.

C

Cyclezee

its the Liberty model and the tyre says 37-590 650 x 35A 26 x 1 3/8
That is not a size that we have available, so it would have to be a custom build into your existing rim provided it is double walled and in good condition, or we would have to source a new one.

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
Oh well its sounds like I'm either going to have to buy another ebike or start again and buy another normal bike to change or give up and walk.

Zack @ Byocycles

Official Trade Member
Nov 17, 2015
Havant
www.byocycles.co.uk
Hi Ann,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will be very hard pushed to find a 26 x 1 3/8" double walled rim to build a hub on to, let alone find a budget kit with that wheelsize.

I would strongly consider looking at selling the Cinzia and looking for an electric bike that suits your budget.

If you need any advice, feel free to give me an inbox :)

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
many thanks I've already had a couple of ebikes and they've all needed changing in some way or other to suit me and hubby can't do the changes, I was stupid to sell my last but got talked into buying a trike by the family who felt I wasn't safe on two wheels anymore. The trike was a very costly disaster and I'd had to sell the ebike to fund it, its hard to find a step through frame with a twist grip throttle and no pedal assist, the last one had to be changed by a very nice member on here and I can't ask again, I can sell the Cinzia but found it just the right size for me and never anticipated not being able to get a kit for it. What sort of size wheel/bike should I look for if we try again, what would a 50-550 26x1 95 be known as? it has to be low step through and all I keep seeing is 24, 26, 28 inch which is obviously something different to what I would call a bike in those sizes. The kit with the wheel in that size is in my price range and has a throttle and pannier battery which is what I want, so it seems I look for a bike to fit the kit and not the other way around.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Ann, it's very easy to turn off the pedal assist, 5 minutes.
You only have to remove the magnetic disc that is attached to the bottom bracket.
You can buy a small folder like the Viking for £350, it does not go fast or far but it is easy to chuck in the back of your car.

Reactions: Croxden