kits and matching the other wheel

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Cheers Baldy, yes as you say the rim braking area is unpainted as supplied. I used black satin enamel model paint - easy enough to do when spinning the wheel whilst holding the brush static using the chainstays as an anchor point. Took a while to get a nice coat on but I went for enamel as it should be quite durable.

snowboarder

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2016
When I emailed oxydrive last week they said the spokes were silver, Guess I could spray them though. Most new bikes are now black and you wouldn't want electric motors with rim brakes so don't see why they need to be silver lol

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
When I emailed oxydrive last week they said the spokes were silver, Guess I could spray them though. Most new bikes are now black and you wouldn't want electric motors with rim brakes so don't see why they need to be silver lol
You haven't seen many German trekking bikes then? A lot of them have Magura HS11 hydraulic rim brakes.

They weigh much less than disks
They brake just as well (think disk that is 28" in diameter...)

It is up to the kit maker to choose to sell one rim fits all or specific rims for disks and for rim brakes. The Chinese have chosen the first option.

Reactions: flecc

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
In my opinion, good rim brakes are fine for the average punter on the road. I have a number of bikes, both electric and manual with V-brakes. I'm heavy, and I ride in a spirited manner.

I also have mech disk brakes (pain in the R's) and hydraulic disks which are great.

Reactions: flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yes you need to change the plug I think? I paid less than 2€ for mine at BMS Battery though... :rolleyes: