Lishui Bluetooth Controller, programming the easy way

DENAND Xavier

Just Joined
Aug 6, 2018
Hello,

I have also a Lishui controller, the LSW1448-2F model exactly, used with a rear hub motor BAFANG. The LCD display is a CURTIS KD21C, with the JULET connection cable (it is strange with a BAFANG motor)

I try two things to remove the 25 km/h speed limit :
1) On the display, I set the speed limit to 40 km/h : but nothing changes, the motor still cut off after 25 km/h speed.
2) I open the controller and disconnect the speed cable. The speed is not more displayed, but nothing changes : I take my smartphone to measure the speed and the motor still cut off after 25 km/h speed.

So I suppose the speed limit is programming into the chip of the controller.

But I am not sure that the program and the BT controller avaible here (http://app.lsdzs.com/home/online-store/) can help to reprogram the controller, because I suppose it use the same cable as the LCD display and does not unlock the speed limit.

Someone has already order this controller and success to unlock the speed limit into the controller ?

Thanks in advance for your advices and reply.

Mike Carlin

Just Joined
Aug 28, 2018
Good Morning Folks.

I have a client with a EMU bike and it has the Lushui Mini controller in the frame.
The client wants to know if anyone has ever managed to get a throttle to work with this controller??

Many thanks

Mike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Good Morning Folks.

I have a client with a EMU bike and it has the Lushui Mini controller in the frame.
The client wants to know if anyone has ever managed to get a throttle to work with this controller??

Many thanks

Mike
without an existing connector for the throttle, the only way to add a throttle is to use CDRSKULL's add-on. Although he made it for his Carrera, the add-on should work on any Chinese bike.

http://pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/how-to-add-a-throttle-to-a-carrera-vengeance-e-spec.31483/#post-445321

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Do you think the lishui Bluetooth module would be compatible with a Das-Kit system? I've heard it uses a lishui controller, but potentially with difference wiring?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't know. The wiring/plug may be different.

Philg93

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 9, 2019
Lsihui Controller developed a Bluetooth Controller for IOS and Android Smartphones

Even someone with no Computer-knowledge is now able to programm the controller just by a finger-wip at IOS or a finger-tipp at Android Smartphones
We have put different language inside english, german, chinese and soon also french and italien will be inside

Just a small overwiew about some screen-shot´s but there are much more choises to adjust easy by smartphone

We developed a Controller with Bluetooth inside and we also sale a small adapter (see pic) to put in line with the display so you can also upgrade the bike that you already have
Is this app still available?
Google play store only has Forerider which doesn't have the extra features you want.
It just seems to duplicate the LCD display, and not very well according to the reviews!

Reactions: Wozzlegummich

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Hi @Woosh / Tony, just bumping this thread as it's relevant.

I'm interested in one of the Lishui adaptors as I have a Yose 36v Lishui controller bought earlier this year and I'd like to change mode from "speed controlled" to "current controlled".

Quick questions :
Do you have any adaptors left in stock?
Will these work with Yose Lishui kit (I think Yose uses Juliet connectors - your post #38 says yours are Higu config?)
Will it let me change the existing "speed controlled" mode to "current controlled"?
Are you posting orders as normal this week or are school holidays etc slowing your shipping?

Many thanks :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
hello scorpio,

I still have the bluetooth adapters in stock but I don't know the answer to your questions. I have not tested any software for the last 4 years.

Reactions: Scorpio

tutur

Just Joined
Aug 9, 2023
Hello @Scorpio @Woosh , I also have a Yosepower kit 250w 36v and would like to change some parameters (delay in pedal turn and assistance start, and assistance at low level (1-2-3) till 25kmh instead of 10-15kmh). Did it work with the bluethooth adaptator and the android app to do this kind of modification ?

Thanks in advance,

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't know, that's the short answer. Mechaniker should know, he worked on the device.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Hi @tutur

The dongle I got from Woosh 3 years ago worked but I'm afraid I can't remember anything that will help you.
I think I found a few (3?) types of software online, when I found one that worked and let me change some settings, I stopped trying to get the others to connect. I didn't spend a lot of time experimenting but I couldn't find a way to make some of the changes I wanted to.

Hope that helps, afraid that's all I can tell you.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So this’ll work on a Swytch bike? It’s a Lishui controller in the battery holder.
That depends on the LCD.
I don't know which make is the LCD on your Swtch.
I use King Meter's (a Bafang company) LCDs which work.

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
That depends on the LCD.
I don't know which make is the LCD on your Swtch.
I use King Meter's (a Bafang company) LCDs which work.
I’m thinking though, that the communication protocol will be the correct one - as both the bluetooth adapter and the controller on the Swytch battery holder are by Lishui. Surely it then doesn’t matter which display unit the bike has, because it’ll also be running the Lishui protocol?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can't discount the possibility that swytch made some customised changes.

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
I can't discount the possibility that swytch made some customised changes.
True, but I’m getting the feeling that Swytch aren’t minded to change anything to radically. The hub seems a pretty standard Aikima 100SX for instance, and they are unlikely to change the comms protocol spec for the display. I’m thinking I’ll get one and try it. Still got them in stock?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes. It's been many years since I used their apps last time. You may need to look up how other people do this. The screenshots that Mechaniker posted on #1 may not be accessible on the current version of the Forerider app. It seems that there are other apps since. I did/do not have much interest in following OSF firmware for the Lishui.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If they are using std LSW firmware then you may be ok, as Woosh says there is the option of custom firmware to prevent end users going elsewhere to buy spares. That way one is forced to pay Switches price.