Mercedes Benz Hybrid

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And they arrived just after I mailed you to suggest that tactic. You anticipated me. :D

I've processed them to suit the forum and they are on the way back to you now.

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Thanks,
Here they are if anybody can help me,Wraggy
Hi Wraggy,

good photos... but i don't see a controller in the battery case, it is more likely to be in the housing on the bike,

alternatively, can you get any leads from your Merc dealer, i recall seeing mention of a comprehensive manual, probably in German, but there is one, this would help.

or, google up the Sanyo motor perhaps...?

perhaps you could try emailing the seller of the one on eBay, think he said he still had a warranty for the bike, so he may have bought from a dealer...?

the battery looked simple enough, but need to know more of the controller.

WRAGGY

Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2008
MATLOCK, DERBYSHIRE, UK
Hi Wraggy,

good photos... but i don't see a controller in the battery case, it is more likely to be in the housing on the bike,

alternatively, can you get any leads from your Merc dealer, i recall seeing mention of a comprehensive manual, probably in German, but there is one, this would help.

perhaps you could try emailing the seller of the one on eBay, think he said he still had a warranty for the bike, so he may have bought from a dealer...?

Hi
Thanks for the reply
if you want me to have a look on the bike or in some paper work i have on the bike i can
or could i please give you a call,
thanks,:)
Wraggy

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Mercedes Benz Hybrid controller

Hi
Thanks for the reply
if you want me to have a look on the bike or in some paper work i have on the bike i can
or could i please give you a call,
thanks,:)
Wraggy
Hi Wraggy,

good to talk to you today,

the controller looks like this:

see the very excellent article on the hub here:

Endless-sphere.com • View topic - disecting a Sanyo/Rabbit Tool 250W PAS geared hub motor

i think there is a US version of this controller as the hub was used on several different makes, it seems Rabbit Tool Co who developed the motor don't respond to emails and sold the patents to Sanyo a year ago, so that might be the best place to start.

you can get a good free image resizer from:

Visualizer Image Group, Digital Software

good luck

WRAGGY

Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2008
MATLOCK, DERBYSHIRE, UK
Hi Wraggy,

good to talk to you today,

the controller looks like this:

see the very excellent article on the hub here:

Endless-sphere.com • View topic - disecting a Sanyo/Rabbit Tool 250W PAS geared hub motor

i think there is a US version of this controller as the hub was used on several different makes, it seems Rabbit Tool Co who developed the motor don't respond to emails and sold the patents to Sanyo a year ago, so that might be the best place to start.

you can get a good free image resizer from:

Visualizer Image Group, Digital Software

good luck
Hi,
Thanks for the chat today
Here is the item number on Ebay please can you take a look and tell me what you think,
Thanks,
Wraggy
Item number: 200274489316

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Translation

The offer tuning and repair manual refers to the Mercedes-Benz hybrid bike. This bike with auxiliary support was at the Sachs AG, Schweinfurt and developed on the Mercedes-Benz dealer network. It is technically very solid and executed with high quality components provide. The Mercedes-Benz hybrid bike moves only as a used vehicle owners and trade are also no longer any spare parts available.

The buyer will receive an approximately 30 A4-page comprehensive brochure and a certain spare parts for installation. In the brochure are several options presented, such as driving with the Mercedes-Benz hybrid bike more comfortable or faster equip can go. Through changes in the propulsion unit is the proportion of auxiliary support at the same speed increase. This is the start and acceleration during the trip much easier. For these changes are no special tools or technical skill required. There are further optimizations presented, which is also the terminal at about 30 km / h can increase. This is however a certain amount of talent condition craftsmanship. The measures can independently or simultaneously implemented. The 300W DC motor is not enough to get the bike and without their own muscle power move. Even after the optimizations in the drive unit must be the driver with his own muscular support.

Two other chapters deal with the renewal of the inexpensive batteries, and with the installation of an electrical switch handlebars.

The plastic ring on the pinion of the rear wheel is the weakness of the otherwise very good belt drive. At high pedal force this plastic ring can crack or break, however. This commercial Pinion is no longer available and the Mercedes hybrid bike is no longer driving. It shows how instead of the pinion a simple, easily modified pulley can be used.

The individual steps are described in detail, with time and supplemented information in about 80 photographs detained. In the Annex are also 4 drawings, if necessary, after which other components can be prepared.

The brochure described changes and work based on their own experiences, it is a private auction.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
On 15.11.08, the seller added the following information:

For the optimization of the propulsion unit is a necessary spare parts, which together with the booklet is purchased. Without this spare part is the brochure or a copy of the brochure actually worthless.
German » English Translate
Suggest a better translation

Thank you for contributing your translation suggestion to Google Translate.We'll use your suggestion to improve translation quality in future updates to our system. The offer tuning and repair manual refers to the Mercedes-Benz hybrid bike. This bike with auxiliary support was at the Sachs AG, Schweinfurt and developed on the Mercedes-Benz dealer network. It is technically very solid and executed with high quality components provide. The Mercedes-Benz hybrid bike moves only as a used vehicle owners and trade are also no longer any spare parts available. <br> <br> <br> <br> The buyer will receive an approximately 30 A4-page comprehensive brochure and a certain spare parts for installation. In the brochure are several options presented, such as driving with the Mercedes-Benz hybrid bike more comfortable or faster equip can go. Through changes in the propulsion unit is the proportion of auxiliary support at the same speed increase. This is the start and acceleration during the trip much easier. For these changes are no special tools or technical skill required. There are further optimizations presented, which is also the terminal at about 30 km / h can increase. This is however a certain amount of talent condition craftsmanship. The measures can independently or simultaneously implemented. The 300W DC motor is not enough to get the bike and without their own muscle power move. Even after the optimizations in the drive unit must be the driver with his own muscular support. <br> <br> <br> <br> Two other chapters deal with the renewal of the inexpensive batteries, and with the installation of an electrical switch handlebars. <br> <br> <br> <br> The plastic ring on the pinion of the rear wheel is the weakness of the otherwise very good belt drive. At high pedal force this plastic ring can crack or break, however. This commercial Pinion is no longer available and the Mercedes hybrid bike is no longer driving. It shows how instead of the pinion a simple, easily modified pulley can be used. <br> <br> <br> <br> The individual steps are described in detail, with time and supplemented information in about 80 photographs detained. In the Annex are also 4 drawings, if necessary, after which other components can be prepared. <br> <br> <br> <br> The brochure described changes and work based on their own experiences, it is a private auction. <br> <br> <br> <br> -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ <br> On 15.11.08, the seller added the following information: <br> <br> For the optimization of the propulsion unit is a necessary spare parts, which together with the booklet is purchased. Without this spare part is the brochure or a copy of the brochure actually worthless.

WRAGGY

Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2008
MATLOCK, DERBYSHIRE, UK
Hi just had this reply from another site;)

The internal controller is completetly potted and not accessable. there does not appear to be a programing port or any other way to access the software. so to answer the question there is no way that i know of to de-restrict this torque sensor/controller/motor combination.

the motor though is a pretty conventional brushed DC motor. if you ditch the torque sensor and controller you can add a conventional throttle and brushed motor controler. this is what i did with one of these. it is presently on a bike using 36V and a 20A controller. since i have not heard any complaints from the owner i guess it is working okay.

rick

rkosiorek 10 kW

Re: disecting a Sanyo/Rabbit Tool 250W PAS geared hub motor

by Mathurin on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:40 pm
Since the speed sensor is a magnet thing like on a bike computer, then extending the wires and mounting the pickup on the cranks would disable speed limiting.

Also looks like there's a shunt here, adding solder should let it pass more amps

WRAGGY

Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2008
MATLOCK, DERBYSHIRE, UK
Hi Wraggy,

Hi,
Went on that site and i have spoke to the man who put the info on there.
And he has some us controllers and he is sending me one for $20
It is a very good site i have put some replies on this site i got back
May give you a quick call to fill you in tomorrow if thats ok,
Wraggy

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
stuff...

Hi,
Has anybody got any more ideas for my bike
thanks,
Wraggy
Here's the Rabbit Tool Co link:

Modular Electric wheel systems

that is one small hub.

this is the other bike using the sanyo/Rabbit tool hub:

Mikado Bicycles — Made in Canada : TreeHugger

for the LiFePo4 batts see the spec on this link:

24V 20AH LiFePO4 Electric Scooter E Bike Ping Battery! on eBay, also Parts Accessories, Scooters, Outdoor Sports, Sporting Goods (end time 24-Nov-08 22:00:00 GMT)

email Li Ping on pingping227@hotmail.com with the approx size you need to fit the case, see what i mean about the duct tape.

these go for $300 p+p is free at the moment.

and it's handy to know you can do this to it...

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=5558

laterz

Last edited:

WRAGGY

Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2008
MATLOCK, DERBYSHIRE, UK
Here's the Rabbit Tool Co link:

Modular Electric wheel systems

that is one small hub.

this is the other bike using the sanyo/Rabbit tool hub:

Mikado Bicycles — Made in Canada : TreeHugger

for the LiFePo4 batts see the spec on this link:

24V 20AH LiFePO4 Electric Scooter E Bike Ping Battery! on eBay, also Parts Accessories, Scooters, Outdoor Sports, Sporting Goods (end time 24-Nov-08 22:00:00 GMT)

email Li Ping on pingping227@hotmail.com with the approx size you need to fit the case, see what i mean about the duct tape.

these go for $300 p+p is free at the moment.

and it's handy to know you can do this to it...

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=5558

laterz
Thanks again for the super info:)
I have sent a email with the sizes to see if the battery will fit my bike
Also do you think i would gain much more putting a chain system on
Wraggy

WRAGGY

Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2008
MATLOCK, DERBYSHIRE, UK
Thanks again for the super info:)
I have sent a email with the sizes to see if the battery will fit my bike
Also do you think i would gain much more putting a chain system on
Wraggy
Hi
Ping got back to me with this
Will this be better than the one i have now ?

v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) }
Hi Andy,​
We have 14x3x3inches 24v20ah pack. Could you tell me the rated wattage of your ebike and max current of the controller?​
Best regards,​
Ping​

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
Last edited: