It readsC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_333\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg
Ok, the path has been added! :)

Go to this folder:

C:\Windows\System32

If you see these files in that folder:

java.exe

javaw.exe

javaws.exe

Delete just those three files and start the configurator again.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If Windows Explorer won't allow it, we can do it using the command console in admin mode.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Config struggles to open but when it does I see nothing, then I press edit\scroll and get E.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Ok, the path has been added! :)

Go to this folder:

C:\Windows\System32

If you see these files in that folder:

java.exe

javaw.exe

javaws.exe

Delete just those three files and start the configurator again.
Those files weren't seen, only java script.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Config struggles to open but when it does I see nothing, then I press edit\scroll and get E.
Those files weren't seen, only java script.
Could you possibly upload a photo of the contents of that folder, where the files beginning with "j" are, while also showing the left pane?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I don't understand what you mean - so the configurator does eventually open? And you see nothing? I don't see edit\scroll on the configurator... and when do you get E? I think a pic of whatever you're seeing might be good to gander at...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
DSCF1374.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't understand what you mean - so the configurator does eventually open? And you see nothing? I don't see edit\scroll on the configurator... and when do you get E? I think a pic of whatever you're seeing might be good to gander at...
This opens.
If I click' edit\select all' I get E in the LH corner.
DSCF1375.JPG

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
As a total random thought windows 10/11 security and some other anti virus programme's can see java as a security threat and block its install
Ps keep at it ;) ;)

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This opens.
View attachment 47036
View attachment 47036
[/QUOTE]

This happens when you double-click the configurator? Your .jar file is now starting to open incorrectly, which is progress, because at least there's a java for it o find, and it's been found because the path has been added. Let's open the command console as administrator and start java from the command line. When the console is open, type:

java

and press enter

Then keep the command console open.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It looks to be installed now in the correct place, it actuall opens up in C:\Programs and the java folder the JRE file and when opened has the bin file and others in there.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
View attachment 47036
This happens when you double-click the configurator? Your .jar file is now starting to open incorrectly, which is progress, because at least there's a java for it o find, and it's been found because the path has been added. Let's open the command console as administrator and start java from the command line. When the console is open, type:

java

and press enter

Then keep the command console open.
[/QUOTE]

It's takes more then a 2x click but does eventually open.

Cmd adamin is open and java entered.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
After all this i just hope the TSDZ2 can live up to all your expectations :eek:
I have little expectations of it, just that it works. From what I hear it does come to life better with some tweaks.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It looks to be installed now in the correct place, it actuall opens up in C:\Programs and the java folder the JRE file and when opened has the bin file and others in there.
Does that happen when you type in java into the command console?

It's takes more then a 2x click but does eventually open.

Cmd adamin is open and java entered.
What happens when you type in java and hit enter?

Type this (or copy and and right click paste into the command console) into the command console:

cd C:\TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C

press enter

Then type or copy and paste this:

java -jar "JavaConfigurator.jar"

and press enter.

If that doesn't start the configurator, we next need to uninstall java, and install JAVA as Administrator.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
As a total random thought windows 10/11 security and some other anti virus programme's can see java as a security threat and block its install
Ps keep at it ;) ;)
Could be, also installer access could be blocked for Nealh, because the java installer needs to be run as Administrator, not as a user. This would result in some java components being denied access during the installation process, which means they wouldn't be available, resulting in java not running. But at least we can edit the path to help Windows find java, in case java cannot be recognised, after we install java as administrator.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
DSCF1377.JPG

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Your java installation is fooked, for whatever reason.

Related Articles

Advertisers