My Cargo bike build.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

i mixed it but that was like 2003 just no money in it these days its all video now and youtube

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

i mixed it but that was like 2003 just no money in it these days its all video now and youtube
Cool! What instrument did you use for the deep bass? I know local rock/heavy metal bands and it's the same story everywhere - you only make money gigging. One of them makes cash DJing in pubs a couple of nights a week using just Youtube - no Serato Itch and Allen and Heath deck or any DJ software, just streams Youtube using his laptop and phone, through a basic DJ mixer.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
yet you give them a s5000 akai sampler and there fooked ppl these days are thick as shite
My ex-DJ mate in Bali knows how to use all that older hardware gear - he loaned me his Amiga to make music, back in the day. He's been in the biz a loooong time... He even made his own MIDI controller, from scratch. :oops:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the bass was from a korg ms2000 rack gen1

and that is how you play samples and a real dj that is not nuked on coke!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

The Korgs generate deep bass like nothing else I've used - even the sofware version of the MS-20 can destroy speakers (including two of mine!), and it's my favourite instrument. A lot of the ultra deep bass sounds you'll hear in films is either made using a Korg or Massive (I think). I'll buy a real one someday - they've started selling new MS-20s in Japan, but like the originals they hiss and often break down. Not as many engineers repairing instruments like that about these days - a chap locally retired recently and closed his shop :( Just as I was getting around to dropping off two amps for repair :(

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

The gigging unreal nuked DJs seem to make more money. I can't make out what software he's using.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I dug out a very slow notebook which has a smashed screen, a dead battery and a dodgy dc adapter and is also an early version of w10 which hasn't seen an update for aout 6 years. Thought now't to lose and it has taken an hour to download the 83mb file and YES we have java downloaded and installed as confirmed by Cmd prompt.
All I have to do no is coax it to download th rest now and we may be in business.
Unfortunately, I don't have a single AMD CPU 64 bit (not even a 32-bit), so can't try installing 64 bit java on Windows 10, to see if I can replicate and attempt fixing the error. Plus it may be just an error to do with your particular Windows 10 and it's settings, plus/or whatever software you are running on it, or an error in Oracle's JAVA installer script for your hardware and software combination. AMDs ran too hot and burned out too often for my liking, therefore I have always stuck with Intel.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he is using cc changes via midi so can use the pots on the kbd to change the settings in the software with a midi interface.

m Jackson used banks of akai samplers to make the bad album as no other way to do it back then but they are a pita to use and back then cost a fortune.DSC_0195_05.JPG

• Informative

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
he is using cc changes via midi so can use the pots on the kbd to change the settings in the software with a midi interface.

m Jackson used banks of akai samplers to make the bad album as no other way to do it back then but they are a pita to use and back then cost a fortune.View attachment 47039
Now I understand why you don't make music anymore - the bass would knock your models off!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

m Jackson used banks of akai samplers to make the bad album as no other way to do it back then but they are a pita to use and back then cost a fortune.View attachment 47039
Jackson, Quincy Jones - but their fantastic sound engineers never get a mention. Or a share of the royalties, most of the time... royalties were big back then; sales of physical copies of course.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no if i turn them up the hut will fall apart b4 the robots will fall off the bass drivers at 0db are 400w rms

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

I'm mucking about with this at the mo, when I get the odd moment - it's brilliant. Sounds a little digital, but once played through a cab and recorded using a Shure SM-57, it sounds pretty damn epic. Or it will until Line 6 evenually kill the app which feeds zillions of tones to the Amplifi TT...

..and seriously weird when played through the Korg Kaoss Pad.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
no if i turn them up the hut will fall apart b4 the robots will fall off the bass drivers at 0db are 400w rms
!!! What amp(s) are you using to drive them at 400W RMS?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You've got all that in a hut? Is it at the end of your garden? Looks like a great cave for sound tinkerings...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

each speaker has there own amp and made for studios with a total flat frequency response.

the atc sm 150 is better but has shite low range bass power so needs a sub.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

each speaker has there own amp and made for studios with a total flat frequency response.

the atc sm 150 is better but has shite low range bass power so needs a sub.

The ATCs are too rich for my blood! I'll stick with Sennheiser HD600 headphones, until I win the lottery. And I don't play the lottery. Maybe I should play the lottery.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i had to wait 6 years just to be offered those genelcs from funky junk as was the rears from town house studios 5.1 set up as did want the atc studio version but never was for sale 2nd hand and only got the genelcs as they went bust.

with vat they cost 4k and sent them in a 18 wheeler truck

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
i had to wait 6 years just to be offered those genelcs from funky junk as was the rears from town house studios 5.1 set up as did want the atc studio version but never was for sale 2nd hand and only got the genelcs as they went bust.

with vat they cost 4k and sent them in a 18 wheeler truck
Studios spend big after taking out massive loans or using all their savings... then bust is usually the story for most, even the good ones. Studio and gear hire is too cheap, most musicians struggle to make any money.

There is talk of bringing streaming royalties in line with physical copies, but it's just talk at the moment.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I might give TubeCore a go, they offer a better deal than most. But streaming revenue is utter sh*te.

"TuneCore, which puts her songs onto services like Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube for a flat fee. Smith retains ownership of her master recordings and gets 100% of the royalties when her songs are streamed. "

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I dug out a very slow notebook which has a smashed screen, a dead battery and a dodgy dc adapter and is also an early version of w10 which hasn't seen an update for aout 6 years. Thought now't to lose and it has taken an hour to download the 83mb file and YES we have java downloaded and installed as confirmed by Cmd prompt.
All I have to do no is coax it to download th rest now and we may be in business.
Have you been happily flashing away? Flashing a motor won't get one arrested. ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers