Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Seems that way.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
...and that second line didn't work because I forgot your firmware is in a different folder, it shouldn't be:

cd C:\TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C

...but:

cd C:\TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C.2

But java on your Windows 10 is fooked. We've given it a path and it still doesn't run properly, because it might have been incorrectly installed by the installer program, because it's access to system files and folders were restricted, or for some other reason.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you have 32 bit Windows 10, the online java installer would request the 32 bit java installer from the server. Uninstall and try that. Then start you know what the configurator.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've got to nip out to work again... should only be a couple of hours.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you have a suitable screen, mouse and keyboard... at £40, it's actually cheaper to buy a Windows 7 PC secondhand, than to get things reinstalled or installed at a PC repair shop - I think it's a couple of pounds to deliver... depends on how determined you are to get that firmware installed:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It readsC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_333\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg
@Nealh Could you have a look in that folder to see if that file actually exists? My Windows 7 Pro computer is an Intel i7 4790, and you must have an AMD CPU, so the installation differs. That file may not actually have been installed. If a file called:

jvm.cfg

...doesn't exist in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_333\lib\amd64\

= install the 32 bit java version. You don't have to uninstall the java version which you already have. Make sure the browser isn't open, and close every other program down before installing java.

...then start the configurator.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Even if that file in the post above does exist in that folder, install the 32 bit version of java anyway, and try the configurator.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you had one of them new soc applecraps they can sort it for you for 5k just push a button and of it goes ;)

• :D
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
if you had one of them new soc applecraps they can sort it for you for 5k just push a button and of it goes ;)

Wish my PC could fetch takeaways like that! That level of animation is very high indeed, must have cost a lot!

A mate of mine bought an M1 notebook, he's very smug about it. He's a wild techno DJ who's settled down in Bali and just edits wedding videos - just four years ago he was playing gigs all over Europe for about £500 each... just wandering from hotel to hotel taking every drug imaginable. He hallucinates even now, after giving everything but weed up - little blobs of light follow him around, he says. :oops:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I dug out a very slow notebook which has a smashed screen, a dead battery and a dodgy dc adapter and is also an early version of w10 which hasn't seen an update for aout 6 years. Thought now't to lose and it has taken an hour to download the 83mb file and YES we have java downloaded and installed as confirmed by Cmd prompt.
All I have to do no is coax it to download th rest now and we may be in business.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

...and he sleeps under a pyrmid frame covered in LED lights with crystals in the middle, and swears that this world isn't the only real world, and the world he dreams about - which always contains the same people - is also real... he actually now believes he lives in two worlds in different universes. Maybe all the gear he's been taking for the past 15 years will eventually wear off, now that he suddenly has a kid on the way, due at the end of June.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I dug out a very slow notebook which has a smashed screen, a dead battery and a dodgy dc adapter and is also an early version of w10 which hasn't seen an update for aout 6 years. Thought now't to lose and it has taken an hour to download the 83mb file and YES we have java downloaded and installed as confirmed by Cmd prompt.
All I have to do no is coax it to download th rest now and we may be in business.
This is very exciting news Nealh! I think that the Java installer on your new laptop has had it's script disrupted or corrupted, or has been confounded in it's installation by some program running, or some program or OS component blocking, or has been confused by your AMD CPU, and left the path and a file missing. The path we've fixed, but that file needs installing - therefore the 32 bit version of java is worth trying on that particular machine, because the 32-bit installation contains that file, and may install it plus make it available... Hope it all works on your old laptop!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Let us know how it goes!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
must be **** stuff lol i have been stoned for 30 years ;) my volcano was born in 2002 and still going.

• :D

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If your new laptop has the Windows 10 serial sticker somewhere (often under the battery), or we extract it from your Windows 10... we could download the Windows 10 installation .ISO, Rufus it to a USB drive, get into the BIOS and if there is no pesky BIOS password set it to boot from USB... wipe your existing Windows 10 and try the whole process again... but we might still get the same error after all that, if that file is still missing because Oracle has fooked up that installation script, or if your new version of Windows 10 on your new laptop contains a program or OS component which blocks proper installation of 64 bit java for your AMD... in which case we'd still have to edit the path again and then try the 32-bit version of JRE.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
must be **** stuff lol i have been stoned for 30 years ;) my volcano was born in 2002 and still going.

It was the speed, DMTs, smack, Es, coke, magic muchrooms plus LSD and other, which caused his problems (I think)... the life of a techno DJ is a mad one. Lots of chicks though!o_O:oops:;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yet you give them a s5000 akai sampler and there fooked ppl these days are thick as shite

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
yet you give them a s5000 akai sampler and there fooked ppl these days are thick as shite
Actually, I'd need an instruction manual - hardware is too pricey! Folks on the Techno DJ scene these days use Ableton and a lot of soft synths and virtual samplers. I just use a very old version of Sony Acid, but might try Ableton or Bitwig - thing is, putting in the time to learn either of those packages (or hardware) is only worth it if one is obsessed with making music, has the time to do it and it's financially worth doing so. Making short melodies/jingles and strange sounds is just something I do to wind down, after a hard day at work...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I've made hundreds of melodies and sounds over the past 10 years... ready to assemble for my eventual album, someday when I have the time!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Do you still make music? Your studio has a lot of nice toys (as well as the non-audio ones!), it's relaxing stuff, making strange noises...

Related Articles

Advertisers