My Dilemma......

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hi Eddio

Do you have a specific question regarding the electrics?

Our kit will be ready in the new year, shame we will be too late.

Best regards David
I don't know enough to ask specifics lol

Maybe, is the philiyon considered a poor battery?

David, are you saying you are bringing a kit out next year? will battery be a large capacity like the wisper and will it be a front wheel motor? and which one...

Ezee have a kit but none in stock till November. kits wiill catch on big time I believe, all it needs is an enterprising company to come up with a cable tidy system (plastic duct) which can be colour coded to the frame and stuck on....problem with kits is exposed cables with tie raps just look amaturish

I will wait if its worthwhile, anyway hardly cycling weather since I got back from holidays :(

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Eddie, the Phylion battery originally on the eZee bikes in 2006 aqnd early 2007 was a poor product, but since then they've considerably improved. I'm currently heading for 4000 miles on this year's one with over 250 charges to date.

However, neither Wisper not eZee currently use Phylion batteries, both using other manufacturers.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Eddie, the Phylion battery originally on the eZee bikes in 2006 aqnd early 2007 was a poor product, but since then they've considerably improved. I'm currently heading for 4000 miles on this year's one with over 250 charges to date.

However, neither Wisper not eZee currently use Phylion batteries, both using other manufacturers.
Thanks Flecc!

That sounds encouraging......So a 36v 10 amp phylion (as fitted to new E bike) what kind of range could I expect from this........

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The one I've been testing gave just over 22 miles in a very hilly area on my Q bike almost without pedalling, so would have done considerably more if ridden normally, probably well over 30 miles. However, I don't know it's exact capacity. Measured for range against the old Phylion battery it would seem to be more like 13 Ah, but that may just be it's greater efficiency giving that better range, rather than larger capacity.

The Q bike uses the Suzhou Bafang motor used in the eZee Quando and old Torq, similar to the Wisper motor, but it's impossible to give accurate range assessments for other bikes and riders of course.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Well...

I have bought the wisper for sale in classified section....it should be with me middle of next week:)

even today when I called the electric transport shop in Cambridge where bike was purchased they said that warranty was not transferable, jut like wisper told me last week

Grrr.....this is so frustrating, I am aware that wisper have posted that warranty is valid and seller even sent me the emails from the transport shop saying it was as well!

Good buisness is all about good communications, and everyone needs to get there act together:(

attached is picture of a new bike coming out soon....only 26 v & 10 amp. but the wife loves the look (my next quest) and I think they have just about got it right as well:)

Attachments

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Warranty

Hi Eddio

The Warranty is transferable as long as you have the original invoice / proof of purchase etc and the bike has not been tampered with.

If you have any problems with ETS or anyone else saying it is not please refer them to me.

All the best David

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008