new member needs assistance

D

Deleted member 4366

It has the same connection to the frame, but I guess you have to change a connector on the wires

Kevin williams

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2014
Ok thanks for all your help. I bought another powabyke x6 off eBay for the wife with 8ah battery and there seems to be something wrong with the motor. It makes a rattling/ grinding sound when I release the throttle and goes into freewheel and there is vibration/wobble transmitting up the forks, any ideas on whats wrong?

D

Deleted member 4366

If it rattles when uou apply the throttle, it's a connection problem on one of the motor wires. If it does it when you let go of the motor, it's the clutch in the motor, for which you have to open the motor to inspect it to find the fault.

Kevin williams

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2014
Oh ok, is it easy to open the motor? Im worried a load of bits will fall out and I wont have a clue how to put it back. Is it expensive to fix?there was water in the xlr like connection to the motor when it arrived could that cause it? And the nut where the cable enters the wheel is very rusty as well so maybe water has got in?Although ive moved the wheel on to my other powabyke and its still the same