New Speedict Coming

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I just bought one :) With a bit of luck it will arrive in sync with the speedict.

Does anyone have anything to say about those Wuxing lamps that have the horns and battery indicator built in? There's a key switch on the side and it says it can also be used to switch indicator lights! Bit bulky looking and not the most attractive design, but has got me curious..

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
After I paid for the speedict one of their sales guys contacted me and asked me where I had heard of their product.. I told him here.. and asked again about becoming a distributor and whether they're looking for distributors in Europe.. he said "cheers" for the info but totally ignored my question! I guess they're wanting to keep everything in China and not work with distributors.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Thanks for the headsup, d8veh: I've been ploughing through the speedict thread on ES while I'm waiting for mine to ship & come over all enthusiastic, so I s'pose I'd better get my backside in gear & order the GnG crank drive for the Saracen, or I'll have nothing to hot-rod with it :rolleyes:

Means spending the Winter Fuel cheque before I've even got it, but what the hell..... Her indoors would only go wasting it on luxuries like food or clothes, or even logs for the wood-burner..... I'll just tell her Santa delivered it early, to beat the rush :)

Last edited:

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
I sued one of these for my phone to mount to my bike.

Oh, and speedict ordered and on it's way - I'd been waiting for the new version to be confirmed for a while :)

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Does anyone know if the new version of speedict will be worth waiting for?

I ordered one last week & Danny has just asked if I would be prepared to take the original model, as they have started shipping them again.

It sounds like, maybe the new ones are not going to be available yet awhile.

From what I read on ES, it seems the o/s is being rewritten to compact it & leave more space for future mods. Have I got that right?

D

Deleted member 4366

Does anyone know if the new version of speedict will be worth waiting for?

I ordered one last week & Danny has just asked if I would be prepared to take the original model, as they have started shipping them again.

From what I read on ES, it seems the o/s is being rewritten to compact it & leave more space for future mods. Have I got that right?
It depends what you want to do with it. If you only want to display speed, distance, etc and battery information, the old one does the job. It also has the speed, current, voltage and temperature limits so that you can make your bike sort of legal. The new one has a bit more processing power and a few more features that you probably wouldn't use I'm happy with my old ones, but it won't stop me getting a new one too - just to see if it's better, and there's no delays in any of the function on the old ones, so I suspect the extra speed of the new ones is so that it can do the talking etc.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I so I suspect the extra speed of the new ones is so that it can do the talking etc.
Thanks, d8veh - I'd forgotten about the vocalisation!
Not sure I'd get much from that, though: I can't hear my satnav on the bike, over wind-noise etc unless I use a bluetooth earpiece, so that's a non-starter.

I've asked Danny for a guestimate of availability for the mk2 .

Skysurfer

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2011
This thread has completely lost me. Is that thing a speaking speedometer?
I know what you mean, I'd be hitting it with a brick. But it seems like a 'tickler' for your system. Although you can get GPS, speed, distance logged from your phone as a stand alone, this thing would be useful to me to ensure that my cells don't drop below max discharge. But as I'd have to take the phone out of my pocket to see that, I'm not going to buy one.
Plus, I use a Decathlon Elops ebike, and I'm not sure as to the wiring on it, so how to tie this in might be a bit of a nightmare. There's not enough info to be found on specific systems.
I've just given up on trying to add a balance loom to a wheelchair pack of...get this...64, yes 64, LiFePo4 cells. Couldn't figure out where to tap. Head exploded..;-)
So I'll just keep on turning those pedals until something breaks, then I've no doubt I'll have to get into it.
Can't stress enough the value of this charger Lipo Battery Balance Charger Overlander RC-8S Pro | Overlander Batteries
Does 8s8p packs (24v max), for £40! Also does every other type of battery, too.
Keep on truckin'...

D

Deleted member 4366

I know what you mean, I'd be hitting it with a brick. But it seems like a 'tickler' for your system. Although you can get GPS, speed, distance logged from your phone as a stand alone, this thing would be useful to me to ensure that my cells don't drop below max discharge. But as I'd have to take the phone out of my pocket to see that, I'm not going to buy one.
Plus, I use a Decathlon Elops ebike, and I'm not sure as to the wiring on it, so how to tie this in might be a bit of a nightmare. There's not enough info to be found on specific systems.
You don't have to take your phone out of your pocket. You only need the phone to set initial parameters, then the Speedict does everything itself. You set the low voltage and the Speedict will automatically disable your throttle when it's reached. If you want, you can make your phone sound an alarm as well.

Coonnection is very simple. your plug your throttle into the Speedict and take a throttle cable out of the Speedict to your controller. The current/voltage sensor is wired in line with your battey. You might have to make some connectors/adaptors. If you can connect throttle and battery to a controller, Speedict should be no problem.

amigafan2003

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2011
Just looking at his prices for Eneloops and he's having a laugh.
Much better here... Instant
I like Eneloops but they feel like a waste putting them in the kids toys so I keep them for my gadgets.

Cheapest LSD batteries I've found a Uniross Hybrios - just ordered another 20 ready for the presents the kids will get at xmas!

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I have a couple of sets of Eneloops for my more important things, but the rest of the kit gets those Vapex or Aldidl specials, which have proven ok so far.

eHomer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2012

I've been reading carefully through this thread, is there any update on availability since Jackandy posted this last month ?

Specifically, if ordered now,

* which type would arrive, the old or the new ?
* Would it be at the old price or a new, higher price ?

How much would you estimate the total cost to be, ( initial payment plus postage plus import duty/vat ) ?

I agree wholeheartedly with the suggestion that they should have UK-based stock too, much better allround.... :)