New Super Light Tongxin Motor Design/Kit

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
fitting!?:confused: WARRANTY!?:confused: :mad: Its a businesses idea e.g. to make money?...Not a bloomin charity!!!!:p

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
fitting!?:confused: WARRANTY!?:confused: :mad: Its a businesses idea e.g. to make money?...Not a bloomin charity!!!!:p
Ah well then, definitely a business opportunity and chance to get on rogue traders lol

Regards

Jerry

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Ah well then, definitely a business opportunity and chance to get on rogue traders lol

Regards

Jerry
Really? I would LOVE that!

you can be the front man......I'll look after the monies

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Confused

Well that confuses things :confused:

Maybe they have set up a separate web site/company to push them ?

As always very little detailed info.

Regards

Jerry

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
On their website they adverstise 105km for 413wh battery:
motor roller motor disc brake motor battery battery charger control sensor

To do that, the motor would only use 3.9wh/km. This is REALLY low. I suppose on real life using that should be closer to 7wh/km and probably 10wh/km on throttle only?

On my actual 250W motor, with 360wh battery, I can reach a maximum of 27 km at 35km/h max speed.

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I had an email back, but with no specific prices except to say it was expensive. They want me to tell them exactly what motor I want before they will give me a price.

Interestingly they explained the difference between two versions of motors. As suggested one has the controller "built in" to the motor itself.

What I don't understand is why this motor is then lighter according to the specs than one that doesn't :confused:

Regards

Jerry

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Slightly narrower stator and rotor to make room for the controller? That would cut the weight but with a slight loss of power.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes you may be right Tony.

Looking at the specs the rated output power and max output power are the same, but I notice maximum power % are less but only by 1%.

Anyway unless they do this motor in the narrower width, I will be staying with my existing Tongxin motors.

Regards

Jerry

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi Jerry

Just wondering if you had any response from these guys ? I've tried emailing them for prices but not had ny luck as yet(via the keyde.com website contact)

many thanks
Kirstin

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Kirston,

This is their reply. Asked them about their dead ebay link.

--------------------
"Hi Jerry,

Cause this is my first time to contact ebay, so maybe I have done some operations object the rules of ebay. You can take our website for reference. And tell me which kits you want, I will quote for you. By the way, you are a company or an individual? Would you pls. offer me some information about you?

Right now our products are mature, so once you place your order, I will arrange it to our factory.

--

TKS. & B.RGDS.!

Sky Zhang

Zhejiang Chaoji Electric Tech. Co., Ltd.

Add: Cangyan Industrial Park, Shengzhou, Zhejiang, China

TEL:+86-(0)575-83621888

Fax:+86-(0)575-83621444

Mobile:+86-13735377377

MSN:zhangjie89@hotmail.com

--------------------

I decided to stick with the Tongxins for now. Might be better contacting Outrider Technology Co.,Ltd as they seem to reply more promptly to emails.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi Jerry and all

I've had a response from keyde.com over the weekend. They have quoted me (inc shipping to UK) for the the kit with /without rim and with 6ah and a 9ah battery.

Prices are

motor laced 6ah = 1100 USD
motor laced 9ah = 1200 USD

take 100 USD off price for a bare motor kit (no rim)

For me, 750 quid is too rich for untested tech without support. I just cannot afford to be an early adopter !

cheers
Kirstin

C

Cyclezee

Ouch, you can buy a tried and tested eZee kit for that money;)

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes that is expensive. You could have four Tongxin kits for that albeit with out batteries.

PS Got that wrong nearer seven or eight. And as NRG says Duty/VAT is always an unknown.

I am ordering another two Tongxin kits which will bring my spares to 5 :D

Quite a few but I may end up building some for friends/relatives.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
...plus you may get hit with import duty and VAT!

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi Jerry,
The motor on my Brompton Sparticle requires a 105mm drop out for the PW01 motor and with the right spacer arrangement it just clears the inside of the standard steel forks like yours.
I think you could get the new motor in but it looks like the side faces are straight which would mean more spacers.
From what I can see my forks have just been stretched out.
I have put a straight edge against them there are does not appear to be any fancy angles involved. They might have used a second bar halfway down the forks to take out any bow caused by stretching but I cannot see any evidence of that as the inside of the forks are unmarked.

S7300645.jpg

S7300644.jpg

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes that's the beauty of the 83mm Tongxin.

Regards

Jerry

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi Jerry

Have you already put an order in ? I'd be really keen to chip into it and add a motor/contoller/throttle for myself. Would this makes things cheaper for you/us in terms of shipping ? Also you have the expertise in dealing with China which I dont at all so I'm clearly keen to leverage that !

Obviously I compleltey undertand if you'd rather not do this with random forum posters..... but thought I may as well ask. Don't ask , don't get and all that :)

Please do PM me if keen and we can go from there

cheers
Kirstin