Opinions Please.....?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Another feature caught my attention is the throttle. Every bike i have came across so far throttle is always on the right. But on woosh bikes are on the left!!! Why is that? Pros cons?
the Sport CD and the (Krieger) have Shimano RapidFire gear shifter on the right, the throttle has to go to the left. Other than that, it's a normal full throttle, that means you don't have to pedal when you are tired.

just noticed that the rubber grip was not pushed in properly, will tell them to sort it.

Reactions: Scott clarke

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
the Sport CD and the (Krieger) have Shimano RapidFire gear shifter on the right, the throttle has to go to the left. Other than that, it's a normal full throttle, that means you don't have to pedal when you are tired.

just noticed that the rubber grip was not pushed in properly, will tell them to sort it.
I prefer to have the throttle on the right hand, for me it feels more practical..., I am sure some others also feel the same...

Yes, I noticed that gap on right hand too.. Looks a bit out of place...

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Yes, I noticed that gap on right hand too.. Looks a bit out of place...
that the rubber grip not pushed in properly.

D

Deleted member 4366

The throttle should go on the left in this country so that you can put your hand out for right turns.

C

Cyclezee

The throttle should go on the left in this country so that you can put your hand out for right turns.
I have been saying this for years, it's usually motorcyclists that like a right hand throttle and some insist despite explaining the reasons for having it on the left.

tapash

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Can anyone. Please clarify, I know Sports CD is stealth looking bike, but how easy it is to remove the crank motor (not getting a good view of it from pictures)? Because I am gonna park it outside while at work. Certainly I would be removing battery and the LCD everyday though.....

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Removing the motor is a workshop job, so not something you could do each time you park the bike.

Easy enough to unclip the battery.

I doubt the LCD display is easily removable - best check that with woosh.

Reactions: Scott clarke

Scott clarke

Pedelecer
May 5, 2015
And don't forget to get it insured and get a gold standard lock so if the worst should happen you can replace the bike

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
woosh are upgrading the Sport CD to 36V 15AH battery and 20A controller.
It's not ready yet.
Can you explain to me the differences between the previous model battery and controller and the new upgrades other than the obvious range increase which I understand is quite significant, does the bike benefit significantly in other areas?

D

Deleted member 4366

The motor is slightly different. The windings have been upgeaded to take higher current and it's slightly bigger. That makes it 33% more powerful. With more power, the battery will go down faster, so the extra 5Ah is useful.

Peter33

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 15, 2015
UK
I like the both and it is difficult to choose the one. So in my opinion you should try the different one. There are some cool electric bikes out there. I would suggest you to take a look on those too. I really like the city deluxe electric bike which you can see on the following link http://www.scootercity.co.uk/electric-bikes/z5-city-deluxe-electric-bike-24-light-blue.html. This deluxe version designed for both the everyday city commuter and leisure cyclist. It’s manufactured by Zipper Bikes and also in a reasonable price. Following are some interesting stats.
Max. Range: 40 to 50km, Max. Speed 25km/h, Motor Size: 250W. I got this gifted by my friend and it’s given me a lot of joy having it for last few months.

Alan103

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
What an utter disappointment, decided to take the plunge and ordered my first ebike yesterday from Woosh, after waiting for the Sport CD to come back in stock and after being informed that they had some of the previous models in stock for an excellent price, gave my details and was over the moon that I'd be the owner of a brand spanking new bike by the end of the week.
Got a second call saying that it may take a few days for delivery, due to a backlog of orders, but that was fine, I didn't mind, thought at least they let me know.
Couldn't wait, decided to order the extras straight away, locks, accessories etc. Only to receive a call from them today, expecting to be told the delivery date, but no, they don't actually have the parts to complete my order and did I want to spend an extra £150 on the newer model or cancel the order altogether? So I cancelled and that's me back to square one again. Feeling pretty deflated and underwhelmed by Woosh.