Oxydrive kits

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

You should be able to leave the cassette on its spline.Like I said, Take the inner nut off the axle, then you can pull off the cassette along with its spline. Here you can see it in the top right of the photo. It just pulls out of the side-plate once you've removed that nut that you can see in the photo between the spline and the side-plate. The bearing is inside the spline:

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Thanks d8veh

I have managed to sort the problem out, although it had nothing to do with the hub or cassette in the end! I have posted a few pics anyway as it might help the thread, but I never did manage to split the cassette down to grease the ratchet as I couldnt get it off. I did add some grease to a couple of the driveside bearings (by popping off the plastic side covers) as there wasnt a lot in there but I did nothing with the non drive side of the hub. When it was all back together there was no difference in noise whatsoever. By this time although frustrated I was able to recreate the squeak really easily and finally traced it down to......spoke nipples!

I noticed that there was some oxidisation on the rim around each nipple so out of curiosity I squirted some WD40 around every one and the noise went away immediately. No squeaks, graunching or anything. So there you have it, anyone with similar noises could give it a go, it might help. Not sure what the long term solution is though, a couple of rides in bad weather will dry out the oil and I dont really want to add another job to the regular servicing schedule. Thankfully I dont have rim brakes at least.

20150828_125208.jpg 20150828_125216.jpg 20150828_125732.jpg 20150828_125735.jpg 20150828_125739.jpg

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
Thanks d8veh

I have managed to sort the problem out, although it had nothing to do with the hub or cassette in the end! I have posted a few pics anyway as it might help the thread, but I never did manage to split the cassette down to grease the ratchet as I couldnt get it off. I did add some grease to a couple of the driveside bearings (by popping off the plastic side covers) as there wasnt a lot in there but I did nothing with the non drive side of the hub. When it was all back together there was no difference in noise whatsoever. By this time although frustrated I was able to recreate the squeak really easily and finally traced it down to......spoke nipples!

I noticed that there was some oxidisation on the rim around each nipple so out of curiosity I squirted some WD40 around every one and the noise went away immediately. No squeaks, graunching or anything. So there you have it, anyone with similar noises could give it a go, it might help. Not sure what the long term solution is though, a couple of rides in bad weather will dry out the oil and I dont really want to add another job to the regular servicing schedule. Thankfully I dont have rim brakes at least.

View attachment 12275 View attachment 12276 View attachment 12277 View attachment 12278 View attachment 12279
thanks, lots, I managed to find out last night it is not cable ties squeezing the wires, the spokes will be my solution too fingers crossed

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
What exactly is your problem?
squeaking - it's not really a problem (everything works as normal) - but it comes and goes - exactly the kind of noise one hears when someone say walks with very rubber soled shoes on a polished floor. But nothing touches the wheel/tyre, its not the brakes or anything similar.

D

Deleted member 4366

3-in-one spray will fix it. you just have to find the right place to squirt it.

Planemo

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2015
Well, all is not sorted as I had hoped. My trial around the garden after my previous efforts seemed ok, but a 10 mile ride today well and truly proved that althought the squeaks had all but dissappeared, the graunching hadn't really gone anywhere. When I realised that I could create the exact same noise when static by pulling together two adjacent spokes it could only be a tension issue. Went round every one tightening them half a turn with a spoke tool and 5 or 6 were finger tight. Literally. I hadnt gone down the tension route as the rim had always ran true but this isnt right and I never had any problems at all with my Mavic rims which were also purchased new (I was initially thinking along the lines of new wheels needing to 'settle') I didnt get a chance to go for another ride after my half-turn efforts so a further update will have to wait. Either way, I think the wheel needs to go to a shop for a proper tension/truing service.

Not best impressed I have to say. I have had various noises from the OD back wheel soon after installation. Hopefully I will get rid of the problem once and for all some day.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oxydrive Boardman CX/MX, the kit and components have been moved from my MTrax carbon mtb.DSCF0076.JPG

Reactions: LeighPing

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
Oxydrive kits on offer for Black Friday. I just bought another (to fit to other half's hard tail cube) 13ah ht CST kit for £499. :)

Reactions: jonathan75

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Very good value for a one of the top kits out there with a very good battery I see the smaller 11ah/CST has been dropped and replaced with a front hub and bigger battery. Also 2 versions of the 13ah/CST now available 250 or 350w. The 50 mile range is a true indicator if you live in a flat area, I have got 44 mile range with mine with 2500 ft of climbing and some 20mph running.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Dam offer is over :S
Worth asking directly.

It's always worth doing that for any purchase, but Oxydrive have proved to be amenable in the past.

Reactions: Dill

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Dam offer is over :S
When some of these offers are on you have to bite the bullet and go for it esp as the Bafang CST is well over 200 to buy and the battery is 300 plus the other kit parts with no import duty or other tax to pay, plus Oxydrive have given good CS in the past.

Reactions: jonathan75

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Andrew @ oxydrive is not a free loader. His account is a trade account. It has always been for years.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I've been wanting a 2nd/spare 13ah battery to extend range but they have not been in stock for quite a while so just had a look at the 11ah one on the website and it checked out at sub £200 so appears to be discounted as well, ordered one hope its not a checkout glich at less then 200 a v.g price for a Samsung celled battery.

Dill

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 22, 2015
Have some good news for those who could not make their mind up on time. Just enter this discount code at the checkout: LATEBIKER

Nice surprise will show up at the checkouts total. Just please don't be late, code will expire in a few days

All the best
Andrew
Thanks dude :cool:

Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
11ah battery with high torque cst kit managed 39 miles today swapped it over just as the 4th bar went out on the lcd, 34v reading from my meter indicating if push came to shove another 8 miles may be possible esp if I used with a lower assist level.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
We need a ride profile and map!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited: