Prices of the electricity we use to charge

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Standing charges are another tool used to disguise energy costs. X pence / day standard charge + Y pence / kWh, versus A pence / day standing charge + B pence / kWh. It doesn’t make it easy to compare, and that’s wrong.

Energy companies are allowed to get away with this deliberately confusion pricing policy. It’s wrong and it’s corrupt.
Most won't realise it with only one water company in their area, but I have two, Thames Water and SES, who do the same. One has a higher standing charge with lower price per cubic metre supplied. The other a low standing charge but higher price per cubic metre supplied.

For average users there's nothing to choose between their end prices.

Reactions: tillson

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Same here Flecc waste is thames and supply is southern.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Same here Flecc waste is thames and supply is southern.
My own one is all Thames Water.

What I meant was that our area has the two suppliers up to each other in the same district of Selsdon. For example our small nature reserve has two suppliers, one to the office and store building, water and waste, which is Thames Water; a very short distance away the other is a water supply into the reserve area which is SES and separately metered of course.

Their boundary line just happens to divide the land at that point, as it does the Selsdon housing area. Created by London's housing sprawl over time of course.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
  • Agree
Reactions: PC2017

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
"Back again? Dear, oh dear..."

• :D

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Did she not meet the Queen but I can't remember what happened after that.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Fortunatly it looks like it wont be long before she has to give up handshaking of Royalty.
She's part of a neocon plot to bankrupt the UK, so that it becomes a state of the USA after a bailout - why not? It's how we got Scotland.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Did she not meet the Queen but I can't remember what happened after that.
Truss's Covid killed the Queen

She had a lovely time as FS

"high-end private catering; wellness and beauty treatments; extensive supplies from UK wineries; large amounts of home furnishing; and even £1,841 at the Norwich City club shop".

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I am shocked at some of the comments in this thread, our elected politicians are clearly trustworthy and can be relied on.

For some to suggest they would be less than honest with expenses claims is utterly ridiculous.

Maybe I will 'duck' out of this thread.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The more the pound nosedives on the 31st, the richer Kwasi will eventually get

The HMRC should raid Kwasi's mattress for undeclared cash

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
So it's not just me then, it does seem that they are systematically trying to destroy the "common" economy, bolster the "rich" economy and have a good laugh whilst doing it. Each time our BoE fights inflation the more the Fed try's to fight their inflation which means we have to fight ours again. Could this be a race to the bottom?

I have not read the linked articles but I will.

Yes I heard something about, in the first round of muck to hit the pound, 3 days earlier, he had spoke with an old friend who made millions 3 days later shorting the pound.

If fact Rishi gave us all a hedge as he mentioned the pound would crash several days before it did. However us plebs had no money or trading accounts to allow options or currency trading, in fact these "trading platforms" for the common man don't allow instant access to options trading until you've ponied up (and probably lost) a lot of trades. One rule for one...

I am out for a bit but I will pop back every once in a while.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If fact Rishi gave us all a hedge as he mentioned the pound would crash several days before it did. However us plebs had no money or trading accounts to allow options or currency trading, in fact these "trading platforms" for the common man don't allow instant access to options trading until you've ponied up (and probably lost) a lot of trades. One rule for one...
Don't bother - unless you have your own trading desk, your trades are requests fulfilled by brokers at their convenience, who let you win once or twice to get you hooked, then take your house. I know a few gambling addicts retail fx traders who have lost houses and businesses, and continue to be stung by the mostly uregulated FX trading market. After initially "Winning" 80k, one in particular has lost two houses and a business, and counting, trying to get those back. I'm surprised he hasn't topped himself. He's incapable of quitting.

• Agree

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Don't bother
A quid lotto scratch card a day is my hedge so I think I am safe for now, it's going to cost near £200 + the gov handout just for one months Gas & elecy so I am saving every penny at the moment.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Jeremy Cunt is removing energy support in April. I've had enough of paying these ludricrously high unit prices! Because I'm with Ebico, won't not ever allow a smart meter and never pay estimated bills, I can see the immediate cost reduction of replacing my central heating system with a few of these 40W electric blankets for all my rooms - to be worn as shawls or slept on:

If kept on continuously, each will cost £9.96 a month + VAT to run. Despite being only 40W, heat builds, and they're quite warm...

Fuck you Tories! :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: Croxden

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The poll tax riots of the 80's my be nothing compared to what may come.

He along with mistrsut won't be at the helm for too long, some thing is going to give big time. This itlalian style of poltics is not the british way, end of the week anyone.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They are are only 4' x 2' guerney not going to be able to get much coverage with one of them, might keep your knees or legs warm but that's it.

The may well chuck out some good warmth though as a non contact item, my late Buttons (pussy cat) was poorly last xmas and he had a 80w warming blanket to lay on and boy it go quite warm.

jimriley

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2020
I am shocked at some of the comments in this thread, our elected politicians are clearly trustworthy and can be relied on.

For some to suggest they would be less than honest with expenses claims is utterly ridiculous.

Go on then...