Prices of the electricity we use to charge

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
Thanks, I didn't know about that. They need to do something. It must be terrible for poor people to spend a week saving up £5 for the meter to get electricity, only to find that when they put it in, it only gives £1.50 - about enough for a quick shower.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I think that first article is fake. In Tescos, soap is about 66p per 100g, and 100g would last about 2 weeks. Likewise, the cheapest deodorants are about £1 per can, which would last about 2 weeks. That's about 10p per day. The cost of a shower is about 40p, so if someone were really poor, they'd stop showering rather than try to save money on soap.

It could be true that people are becoming smelly because they cutting the cost of hygiene, but not by not buying soap and deodorant.

This is what real poverty is like in UK, while our government sends billions to kill people in Ukraine and the Middle East. Start at 11:00. Can't afford to charge his electric wheelchair because he's on emergency electric and only has £4 to last 2 weeks. If this doesn't move you, I can't say heaven help you because that's not where you'll be going:

Last edited:

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
"it was able to produce clean water from highly polluted water, seawater, and even from the River Cam in central Cambridge"
Crikey, even the river Cam!

How bad is the River Cam then? The quote implies that the River Cam is worse than high poluted and seawater.

Can someone let me know when that device is ready? I want to use it to clean out the fish pond in my garden and get the energy to power my new hydrogen car when I get it.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
In the heirachy of polluted water, it goes: water, dirty water, water with phosphate in it, stinky and dirty water, polluted water, highly poluted water, The River Thames, The River Cam, the sewer from my house the morning after I went out for a curry.

• :D
Reactions: MikelBikel

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
This is what real poverty is like in UK, while our government sends billions to kill people in Ukraine and the Middle East. Start at 11:00. Can't afford to charge his electric wheelchair because he's on emergency electric and only has £4 to last 2 weeks. If this doesn't move you, I can't say heaven help you because that's not where you'll be going:
Ouch! Richie Rishi could get him one, yes? :)
(Joke, humour, not belittling him, he obviously needs wheelchair accessible accommodation)

lenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 3, 2023
‘Energy independent’ Uruguay runs on 100% renewables for four straight months

Ouch! Richie Rishi could get him one, yes? :)
(Joke, humour, not belittling him, he obviously needs wheelchair accessible accommodation)

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
‘Energy independent’ Uruguay runs on 100% renewables for four straight months
Screenshot_20231118-004516_Chrome.jpg
Nearly half electricity is hydro, how many valleys do we want to drown?
After all, Welsh & Scots up there are people too!
Do we have a Uruguayan member to tell us what they pay for electricity? :)

(Joking, humour, hehe, etc)

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
co2 will be the very least of our concerns if this gets wide scale acceptance.. i wonder will all the ovens that bake and incinerate the poop and wee all turn on at the same time?? Everyone on the camp site will know who had curry last night too..

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
There was a rather good link from the BBC article to this blog post

It compared the cmip6 models (that include some with high 5 deg c climate sensitivities) with the previous version cmip5 models, which seems to be doing a better overall job so far, slightly under predicting the current trend

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they cant even get the weather right day from day let alone 100 years from now and the sun will explode anyway or will it :eek:

we should blow up the moon and see what happens :cool: