pro rider electric bike help

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
If the display doesn't switch on, it's a sign that you have failed test 1 above.

You can work the bike without the display if it's faulty, but you need to join some wires. First the bike needs to pass test 1.
Hi the First test passed could you tell me what wires.i need to join pls i now have a Multimeter but dont know how to ues it lol

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi the First test passed could you tell me what wires.i need to join pls i now have a Multimeter but dont know how to ues it lol
So you pulled the controller out and measured the voltage on the bullet connectors while connected, right? What voltage did you get?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Rather than spend money, you need to find out what's wrong.

Step 2. Measure the voltage between the black battery wire and any of the thin red ones that go to the throttle, PAS or motor hall sensors. It should be around 5v. If you don't have 5v, take a photo of all the wires and connectors attached to the controller spread out so that we can see exactly what you have.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
Rather than spend money, you need to find out what's wrong.

Step 2. Measure the voltage between the black battery wire and any of the thin red ones that go to the throttle, PAS or motor hall sensors. It should be around 5v. If you don't have 5v, take a photo of all the wires and connectors attached to the controller spread out so that we can see exactly what you have.
Hi ive Measure the voltage between the black battery wire and any of the thin red ones im not geting any reading at all

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You have a flat 6-pin connector with red, pink, grey, blue and black wires in it. Put your blanck probe on the battery black and probe up the back of that connector on the controller side.

Do you have some sort of control panel on the handlebars? Please show a photo of the handlebars that shows everything on them, especially any switches or throttle.

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
You have a flat 6-pin connector with red, pink, grey, blue and black wires in it. Put your blanck probe on the battery black and probe up the back of that connector on the controller side.

Do you have some sort of control panel on the handlebars? Please show a photo of the handlebars that shows everything on them, especially any switches or throttle.
no reading at all

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi its for the lights
OK. As far as I can see the lighting wires have been bodged. I'm pretty sure that the wires for the lights are the reds and blacks on the left side of the photo. Unfortunately, your photo doesn't show where the wires at the bottom right come from or go to, and I assume that they're what's powering the lights now.

The red wire next to the pink in the 6-way connector is what powers the control panel and the pink powers the controller when the panel is switched on. That red wire is connected directly to the thick red battery wire inside the controller, so it's normally impossible to have 39v on the battery wire and nothing on that thin wire unless there's a separate ignition switch or loop.

Working from left side across and down, the wires are:
Lights
Brakes
Battery
Control panel
PAS
Throttle
Motor phase wires
Motor hall sensor wires

Can you take a photo with those all cleared out the way, so that I can see what's going on with the wires on the right - where and how they're attached to the controller?