pro rider electric bike help

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
its working i

soldering iron, you can drizzle a bit of solder between the pads that works i carnt thank you enought all the led lights on the control panel are a light can i ask you one think the key in the battery as broken of in the battery you dont know if i can replace the lock once again thank you so much gary
do recognised the lock by any chance

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
ok thanks how much do i own you for it thanks gary
This is the one I have. It looks the same and comes from the same type of battery.. You have a look and make sure. I sent you a PM.

To get your old one out of the plastic top, you might have to drill out the lock, so that you can turn it to retract the pin

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
This is the one I have. It looks the same and comes from the same type of battery.. You have a look and make sure. I sent you a PM.

To get your old one out of the plastic top, you might have to drill out the lock, so that you can turn it to retract the pin
View attachment 38657
Hi ive got the got the lock looks like it wil work thanks im thinking of getting a new battery the battery thats is it in is tired and and old it last about 2 miles if that could you recomend a baatery am im right in thinking the more amps the longer the distaces

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi ive got the got the lock looks like it wil work thanks im thinking of getting a new battery the battery thats is it in is tired and and old it last about 2 miles if that could you recomend a baatery am im right in thinking the more amps the longer the distaces
The more amp-hours or watt-hours, the further you can go. There are loads of them on ebay. just check the size (cross-section). The length doesn't really matter unless you have the seat low. If you order one, always check the polarity with a meter. There is no standard for which way round they go. If they're the wrong way, it's not difficult to swap them over.

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
the lock works fine now could you
The more amp-hours or watt-hours, the further you can go. There are loads of them on ebay. just check the size (cross-section). The length doesn't really matter unless you have the seat low. If you order one, always check the polarity with a meter. There is no standard for which way round they go. If they're the wrong way, it's not difficult to swap them over.
the lock works fine ive got a new control panel would it be a easy job to wire it up the old one does not trun of from the of buttom

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
the lock works fine now could you

the lock works fine ive got a new control panel would it be a easy job to wire it up the old one does not trun of from the of buttom
It should be easy enough to wire in. make sure that the wires go colour to colour because there's no standard for which colour goes where in the connector.

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
It should be easy enough to wire in. make sure that the wires go colour to colour because there's no standard for which colour goes where in the connector.
the new control panel as a buttom for the light on it there not one on the old one

garysnooker

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2020
Yes, that's the one. You can leave the lights connector disconnected. I doubt that it can give enough power to work anything useful.
thanks ive just order it can i get back to you in a month time lol just in case i have trouble with it thanks

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's difficult to recommend batteries because there are so many. My general advice would be to buy one with branded cells, but how do you know whether they lie about what's inside or use fake branded cells? If you buy from a reputable supplier, there's more chance of the cells being genuine, and if you get any problems, they'll sort them out. I've bought lots of cheap batteries from China. All but one were good value. The one expired before I had a chance to use it, but you could say that the money I saved on all the others paid for it. It all depends on your attitude to risk. If the faulty one was the only one I'd bought, I would have been very angry.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Very few of these vendors actually say which brand of cell or cell identity is used, so one really never knows what is inside.

For instance Insat/ebikebatteries .co.uk sell the Silverfish as the Whitebait and charge £325 for it, one can bet they will have very good cells in them as they have a 75a discharge rating.
Good branded cells come at a price.

Last edited: