Putting e-bike to bed for the duration of C-virus.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Problem with all these sudden relatively simple rules that we all have to abide by is that they've got to be written at a simple level to apply to the lowest common denominator i.e. the terminally daft (i.e the lemmings that all dashed to congregate at their destination).

Hence why in hospital they lock away your meds in your cupboard, even if you're generally sane & self-medicate at home, and a nurse doles out the tablets - same in hospital why they bring you a cuppa when there's usually a perfectly good kettle in the ward kitchen and you're not allowed to make a cuppa when you fancy. Even hospital ward windows can now only open a couple of inches cos a small minority of patients believed they could fly and use to make themselves worse adding to the workload / morgue capacity.

Sometimes exceptions can be made if you respectfully prove yourself compos mentis and will be allowed to take your own meds, make a cuppa and wander off the ward for fresh air, but it can lead to problems if other patients see this and question why they can't also - and so rules is rules is often the common answer to such requests when things are busy / dealing with traffic warden mentality.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ebiker99

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What a hypocrite, just look at what people have said about me on here, you included. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Stay safe, stay at home, save lives.
you posted a provocation without a reason.
I replied to your personal attack.
That's the difference.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Amoto65

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I was referring to some of your earlier posts.

PS take a look at the response my post #464 for a good laugh :D :D :D :D :D
I didn't find that post #464 of yours funny. Of course it's a self fulfilling click bait.
People agree or disagree with posts all the time.
You've have never been that aggressive until now.
what is it that drove you to behave like that?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Amoto65 has been disagreeing with every single post I've made in the last few days, even the technical ones,
you disagree with me and other posters without posting valid counter-arguments all the time.
Nobody insults your intelligence.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Only essential travel is allowed, yet police said "some people were ignoring advice that exercise should only be taken from residents’ front doors".

Ch Supt Sam De Reya said: "For the most part the public have been incredibly supportive of the restrictions placed on them so far.

"We would like to thank all of those who are abiding by these very straightforward rules and remind them that they will need to be mindful of the rules for some time to come."
Did you even bother to read my replies to you on the previous page? They showed beyond any argument why strict compliance for some of us is sometimes very dangerous and spreads the virus.

The government and especially the police continue to be very stupid, especially in respect of the keep 2 metres separation ruling which encourages just that.

Instead of constantly repeating a list of outdoor measures which some have found confusing, only this advice and enforcement when outdoors is vital:

"At all times try to ensure AT LEAST 2 metres separation from others, preferably as far as possible."

MIT have recommended 8 metres following tests that showed moisture droplets from a cough can travel 6 metres.

Last edited:
Reactions: Artstu

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Look at all those who disagree with some of my posts and provide no further explanation, your good self included.
where?
I tend not to reply to posts I disagree with but very rarely react with a 'disagree'.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Some people have said far worse than call me an idiot, take a look at some of flecc's angry insulting responses for example. I don't know what he's being saying recently because I no longer bother reading his posts.
And that is why you remain ignorant of key facts. Read my last three replies to you and learn.

Remember, it was you who started the insults, when from your rural village you presumed to know better then me about my circumstances in a densely packed city, saying I was wrong and posting disagrees to every post when you could not possibly have known better.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Anybody disagreeing with this post hasn't read it and is an idiot.

Now, when will Amoto65 react.... :D :D :D

Later edit - see, what an IDIOT. :D :D :D
I am only going to post once regarding these continuous insults from ebiker99 to set a few things straight, First of all I do not know how he jumped to the wrong conclusion that I was female I can only assume it is due to his underlying misogynist mindset. Secondly, I find the repeated racist behavior and language of ebiker99 ie " Chinese crap" offensive and unworthy of this site. Thirdly, I find the bullying, arrogant and condescending attitude displayed by ebiker99 to myself and other users over the last few months damaging to the ethos of this website. As regards my disagreeing to any posts that is my right as a free individual which is totally different from throwing insults and slurs at people.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
"We would like to thank all of those who are abiding by these very straightforward rules and remind them that they will need to be mindful of the rules for some time to come."
Those rules say:
people are only allowed to leave the house for specific reasons:
  • Shopping for "basic necessities", as infrequently as possible
  • One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk or cycle
  • Medical reasons, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person
  • Travelling to and from work, but only if it is "absolutely necessary" and cannot be done from home
They do NOT say that having left the house for exercise you are prohibited from driving to that exercise.
(Especially in the case where driving to the exercise helps you adhere to the 2m separation advice, and is safer for everybody than taking the exercise immediately from the house.)

There may be (less straightforward) rules elsewhere that prohibit that responsible behaviour.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Only essential travel is allowed, yet police said "some people were ignoring advice that exercise should only be taken from residents’ front doors".
That 'advice' was in response to specific incidents where people were irresponsibly driving to places that were not safe because they were overcrowded, though I agree the comment was couched in wider terms.

Other than that (semi-official) comment I haven't seen official advice saying that exercise should only be taken from residents’ front doors (even where exercise from residents' front doors is not safe).

As always, it is very difficult to codify laws/rules/advice so that it sensibly applies in all situations

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
I am only going to post once regarding these continuous insults from ebiker99 to set a few things straight, First of all I do not know how he jumped to the wrong conclusion that I was female I can only assume it is due to his underlying misogynist mindset. Secondly, I find the repeated racist behavior and language of ebiker99 ie " Chinese crap" offensive and unworthy of this site. Thirdly, I find the bullying, arrogant and condescending attitude displayed by ebiker99 to myself and other users over the last few months damaging to the ethos of this website. As regards my disagreeing to any posts that is my right as a free individual which is totally different from throwing insults and slurs at people.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well my friends dad left hospital today after having both his bottom legs removed and then got cv in hospital and he never died and is 80 years old.

the dwp kill more ppl than cv ever will so what we going to do about them then? NOTHING!

• Informative
Reactions: Amoto65

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
well my friends dad left hospital today after having both his bottom legs removed and then got cv in hospital and he never died and is 80 years old.

the dwp kill more ppl than cv ever will so what we going to do about them then? NOTHING!
Good to hear he recovered and has now been discharged, though spare a thought for the 1,228 who weren't so lucky...