Putting e-bike to bed for the duration of C-virus.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Brazil's Bolsonaro says that he's asking his Health Minister to impose regulations in which *only* old people or those with sicknesses are to be in isolation. Everyone else should go back to work, go on the street, back to school.

He's going to kill huge numbers if this happens:...

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
For me, I just hope our lockdown will do what is necessary.
it only works for now because the number of spreaders is likely to be below 1 million.
After the summer, the number of spreader will be 10+ times that. Lockdown won't work in December.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Brazil's Bolsonaro says that he's asking his Health Minister to impose regulations in which *only* old people or those with sicknesses are to be in isolation. Everyone else should go back to work, go on the street, back to school.

He's going to kill huge numbers if this happens:...
yes, all those who need their carers are totally defenceless.
There was a woman on the BBC this morning. Her Mum is in a care home. Because of CV, they wrote DNR in her file without her family knowing.
we need an effective treatment plan quickly.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY
D

Deleted member 25121

Woosh - as an aside, is the ebike assembly side of your business forced to shut down under the latest government guidelines (I see that bike shops are allowed to stay open)?

Of course you're at liberty to shut down any or all of them should you choose.

I'm confused as to which factories and factory units are not being forced to close.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Woosh - as an aside, is the ebike assembly side of your business forced to shut down under the latest government guidelines (I see that bike shops are allowed to stay open)?
We are only closed to the public.
We have two floors, lots of room. Two of us can be in the building at anytime.
We also have the usual gloves, eyewear, masks and one telephone handset per person.
We stop using the post office, Hermes is a bit slower but safer for us.
Hatti works remotely but at least one of us still have to meet the delivery van drivers every afternoon.

D

Deleted member 25121

We are only closed to the public.
We have two floors, lots of room. Two of us can be in the building at anytime.
We also have the usual gloves, eyewear, masks and one telephone handset per person.
We stop using the post office, Hermes is a bit slower but safer for us.
Hatti works remotely but at least one of us still have to meet the delivery van drivers every afternoon.
Thanks, that was what I was thinking. We're still some way off from a full lockdown where all non essential businesses have to shut.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
the young people are most likely to be.. spreading the virus because many of them don't (realise they have it coz they don't) react to the virus.. (Asymptomatic)

One day, the virus will mutate and your immune system will wake up and react violently..
(It may, but expert on tv opined it was not "mutating vectors" like 'flu virus, so a fixed target for vaccine)

The ethical issue will soon need to be debated. Hospital staff will have to decide who to give the bed to..
(Priority ppl are health & other essential workers, etc. Then it will be rich 'who you know, not what you know'. The poor, singles and esp old, will be back of the queue, come crunch time).

but the virus will come back in November when the temperature goes below 10 C.
Yeah, i always thought they attacked in cold coz ppl's resistance lower then too, and it's always lurking in the background. It jumped from animals before, why not again, s...!

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks, that was what I was thinking. We're still some way off from a full lockdown where all non essential businesses have to shut.
a lockdown, even like it is at the moment, can't last long.
I can't go see my doctor, dentist, have a haircut and my local supermarket does not have much on their shelves.
I am after some soap today. The High Street is all shut. Sainsbury's has no soap. No pasta, not much meat, fish counter and delicatessen counter are both closed. Little choice in wines.

• Agree
Reactions: Amoto65
D

Deleted member 25121

I can't go see my doctor, dentist, have a haircut and my local supermarket does not have much on their shelves.
I am after some soap today. Sainsbury's has no soap. No pasta, not much meat, fish counter and delicatessen counter are both closed. Little choice in wines.
A strict lockdown, as seen in China, would have all but essential businesses shut down, yours included. If people don't follow the government guidelines then they'll take us further in that direction.

The supermarkets are taking steps to restock the essential items, the shortage is caused by idiots (certainly not you) panic buying.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Unfortunately I don't think that is true. Indeed they (the virus and the lockdown) are both likely to get worse before they get better.

• Agree
Reactions: ebiker99

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
yes, all those who need their carers are totally defenceless.
There was a woman on the BBC this morning. Her Mum is in a care home. Because of CV, they wrote DNR in her file without her family knowing.
we need an effective treatment plan quickly.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Agree
Reactions: Artstu and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
road bike riders are every where and as the canal path was packed i went round the roads today and had a race with one of these.
i followed him for 5 miles and over took him then slowed to let him pass again and he said what ur battery flat and laughed.

i over took him again going round a corner and under cut him going 30mph the brakes on those things are crap he could not slow down fast enough on a 12k racing bike pmsl :p

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's the SW way with no doubt, I think I can still hear you LOL.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
In line with Gov advice I again went out shopping for elderly relatives and on my bike again, whilst out took the opportunity first to take some flowers to my late parents grave.
Having then delivered said shopping I again vsisted some other bees to carry out a full inspection, subsequently I received am email with new Gov advice this time from Defra. Which is bees are livestock and it is crucial in these times apiarist's continue with their regular apiary duties, as livestock bees shouldn't bee ignored and their welfare should be foremost in our minds, swarming season will soon be upon and practices/measures should be put in place to reduce this. They were a bit late as I had mentioned this on here knowing the law and what livestock husbandry entails, though we do have one amongst us who seems to know better.

D

Deleted member 25121

I saw on the news that the police are out stopping traffic at random to check that their journeys are on the approved list, I also saw that some people are even getting into their cars to drive out into the countryside for a walk or ride.

Some people really don't get it do they... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Carry on like this and we'll have a full lockdown imposed. People are dying unnecessarily and this madness has to stop. It will stop. The powers that be will make sure of that, irrespective of the Con incompetence.

Prepare for the disagrees and dislikes from the culprits....

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Prepare for the disagrees and dislikes from the culprits....
driving out to the countryside for a walk or a ride is a sensible thing to do for those who live in large cities.
I took a walk to the seafront yesterday. Wardens are out in force dealing mainly with the usual yobs who have nothing to do but congregating and beer drinking.
Still, I had to change side to the other pavement and dodge dozens of people to keep my distance because I can still walk a bit more than them.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Fat Rat and flecc