Redesign of Pedelecs site

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't mind green. It's a bit bland, but it's the most restful colour on the eyes, unlike so many sites using more garish colours.

And of course using e-bikes is part of the "green" agenda.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I don't mind green. It's a bit bland, but it's the most restful colour on the eyes, unlike so many sites using more garish colours.

And of course using e-bikes is part of the "green" agenda.
It would be handy if there was a work friendly skin that made it look like an office application.

watkin5

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Bucks

I don't mind green. It's a bit bland . . .
OMG you is so wrong.
I've fitted green Ogg mudgaurds to my Wisper 905 ECO.
Only a mentalist could consider them to be bland.

Best Wishes,
Rob

P.S. I'd like to be able to have avatar images.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
OMG you is so wrong.
I've fitted green Ogg mudgaurds to my Wisper 905 ECO.
Only a mentalist could consider them to be bland.

Best Wishes,
Rob
Agreed, primary colours aren't bland on bikes, but backlit on screen things are a bit different. I'd hate to see this site with a bright blue or red in place of the present fairly bright green.

chandlerweb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2009
I think it woud be good to have sections based on manufactrurer as when I was choosing a bike, it was a slog to do a search for the name and then find the post not really that relevant. I think manufacturer specific forums could help users get answers to their bike-specific questions easier.

Also, is there an way to report a post or user? There are few offensive ones but there is the odd user who makes dozens of posts but add zero benefit to the site.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Also, is there an way to report a post or user? There are few offensive ones but there is the odd user who makes dozens of posts but add zero benefit to the site.
I too am getting increasingly irritated by a member I've reported to admin at least twice previously, probably the same one, wotwozere.

His latest offence is calling a member a thicko.

His posts are clearly deliberately designed to offend, this illustrated by the fact that he's shown he is perfectly capable of coherent sensible postings in the past, such as in this one and this one.

I think its time to say goodbye.

Last edited:

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
how about quick links to things like batteries,tyres ,,motors,etc

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

Grumpy can get a bit annoying with so much negetive talk but he means well.
Chandler you do not have a right to complain about anybody becoz you are only a junior newby.

Thx

bob

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
hi could you please explain to me as a newbie, how i can start a new blog as i have tried time and time again, i seem to be stuck on new messages.
thanks.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi geostorm, welcome to the forum.

Have a look at the threads titles page and at the top left you'll see a rectangular blue button marked "New Thread". If you click that you'll get the boxes for the thread title and text. Be careful typing the title as it can't be corrected once entered.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
how about quick links to things like batteries,tyres ,,motors,etc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
it would be good to have these quick links to different types of e-bikes and then all the good tips,hints,repairs,battery tests ect all listed for each bike so that when you get a new bike you could look at the appropriate pages and get loads of advice about your bike without having to spend the hours doing the repairs "AFTER" the fault occured which could have been dealt with "BEFOR" if only you had known how to avoid it..... there are all sorts of little things people discover about their bikes along the way of owning them, things which are not in the "MANUALS"...."laughs loudly at word manual as have had couple no more then a few pages"....

chandlerweb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2009
Hi

Grumpy can get a bit annoying with so much negetive talk but he means well.
Chandler you do not have a right to complain about anybody becoz you are only a junior newby.

Thx

bob
I havent made any complaint yet :p , I was merely enquiring. You sound paranoid :eek: . I think world+dog would agree a junior member with constructive comments is more valuable than a senior member who wastes time and screen estate:rolleyes: . That gives me another (constructive) idea - how about adding polls to the forum?
UPDATE: Just put my specs on and seen the polls section on the right and the Report Post icon on top right of each post. Now, where's wotwozwhocarez post....

Last edited:

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
There's so much change going on in this world I'm tempted, and only tempted to say, 'is this change for changes sake'? I like the site as it is. Anyway, I won't say that, I'm sure it will be an improvement.
I belong to a car forum and there are so many categories within forums I think people just make a bee line fot their particular category and more or less ignore the other forums.