Help! Replacement 36v battery for a Giant Suede

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
The aerdu is a battery reseller or possibly one who make up batteries.
The ones I see on Ali are cheap even using the claimed crappy LG MG1 cells, £73 for 40 cells, bms etc,etc also the GA celled one at £96 for 40 cells is way to cheap.
GA cells are usually well over £5 each and MG1 are £2.50 a pop.

My guess s that the cells offered are poor rejects or even fakes.
Yes so this is a reseller of a reseller somebody who's bought aerdu and trying to sell them for more than double in UK. So unless somebody has another reasonable option I think I have to abandon trying to recell my existing battery case unless somebody knows who can do it for me 4 less than 200 I can't pay Jimmy 325 that's way out of my budget. Looks like a down tube or rack battery

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Manufacturer warranty 6 months doesn't fill one with optimism.

Yes if thinking of changing battery type altogether at least use a more reputable outlet.
So give me a reputable Outlet please I've shown everyone the options I've looked at and they've been shot down in flames but nobody yet is offering me an alternative outlet thatt I'm looking for

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You have already mentioned Yose but for less then £200 options are pretty small.
Woosh are very reputable but likely more then you wish to part with.

Last edited:

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
I decided I probably need to start new thread to look for some names of reliable outlets who use reliables cells that don't bust my budget. I can't afford Panasonic or Sanyo. Putting it in perspective I'm a weekend Biker needing no more than 20 miles and spending no more than 200. So I just need a guide for the correct outlets and the names of suitable cells

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Th
You have already mentioned Yose but for less then £200 options are pretty small.
Woosh are very reputable but likely more then you wish to art with.
Thanks Nealh .as you see from following post I do nt need the ultra best for my usage and I'm guessing that some of the the cased up batteries have better cellsthan a lot of the shrink wrap ones on offer

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Keep it all rolling on the same thread.
A lot of the sub £200 batteries will use either poor mediocre brand cells or no name China cells, what you will have to keep a watch out for is any additional import, vat & handling fees if buying from outside UK.
Mostly cheap batteries will be ebay advertised though there are reputable sellers like Elifebike/PSWPower & Elifeshop.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

Ebay sellers can be good, for instance the seller selling this, that you were looking at:

...has a top rating. I've never had problems getting a refund from ebay.

Always look at seller feedback in detail, especially any bad reviews:

Delivery time is quoted as three days.

Last edited:

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Keep it all rolling on the same thread.
A lot of the sub £200 batteries will use either poor mediocre brand cells or no name China cells, what you will have to keep a watch out for is any additional import, vat & handling fees if buying from outside UK.
Mostly cheap batteries will be ebay advertised though there are reputable sellers like Elifebike/PSWPower & Elifeshop.
Thanks . Many sellers abroad not offering uk delivery at moment re brexit except china who just don't care when it turns up . but jose power directed me to their resellers on ebay as an example.

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Ebay sellers can be good, for instance the seller selling this, that you were looking at:

Thanks but I have since discovered the aerdu brand is on AliExpress at less than half the price so probably not good battery so this guys possibly just buying them in and selling them at more than double

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
I would take a punt on that one if I needed one. You'll never know if you don't try. The first question is whether it fits in the case.
These don't fit the case anyway . Other people didn't like the lg mg1, And you may have seen I found one fits the case but it's aerdu being sold on ebay fur double what they are on ali. So can't be good either

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire

So who've you bought from and what make of battery or cell

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Yes so this is a reseller of a reseller somebody who's bought aerdu and trying to sell them for more than double in UK. So unless somebody has another reasonable option I think I have to abandon trying to recell my existing battery case unless somebody knows who can do it for me 4 less than 200 I can't pay Jimmy 325 that's way out of my budget. Looks like a down tube or rack battery
By the way maybe i missed something . Are the lg mg1 cells ok normally but you only think these on ali may Be rejects ?

D

Deleted member 33385

Thanks but I have since discovered the aerdu brand is on AliExpress at less than half the price so probably not good battery so this guys possibly just buying them in and selling them at more than double
Taxes etc. etc. would have been paid by the importer, if it ships from the UK (looks like it does), delivery is not months away with extra charges.

eBay feedback review s worthless fir batteries. You can't give feedback a few months later when they pack in
You've got 180 days with Paypal to open a dispute. I've never been refused a refund from Paypal. I once got a refund after a year (that wasn't an ebay transaction, but a Paypal one).

With your £200 limit, I think you'll be extremely lucky to get decent branded cells, but there might be your ideal deal out there...

Last edited:

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
D

Deleted member 33385

Ok this fits my existing case and reviews are favourable though they prob not reviewed after 6 months use but considering taking a punt and will report back if I buy

That listing: sixth picture down says height is 66mm, width 75mm, length 183mm. If the internal dimensions of your case are 260x115x 65 (the 65 was amended later by you to 67mm)... 1mm to spare, heightwise. Close. If it doesn't fit, I'd certainly take a file to the inside of the case until it did.

Last edited:

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
That listing: sixth picture down says height is 66mm, width 75mm, length 183mm. If the internal dimensions of your case are 260x115x 65 (the 65 was amended later by you to 67mm)... 1mm to spare, heightwise. Close. If it doesn't fit, I'd certainly take a file to the inside of the case until it did.
To be honest I jumped a bit too quick it's in China God knows when I'd get it

D

Deleted member 33385

To be honest I jumped a bit too quick it's in China God knows when I'd get it
Yes, I wondered why you were doing that - you'd receive it in about 6 weeks, possibly with extra charges.

D

Deleted member 33385

Well, your budget has increased from your initial £150 to £200, push the boat out a little more and you have more chance of better quality branded cells, perhaps even genuine ones.

mikeconnect

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2020
Warrington , Cheshire
Hello folks I'm no further on . But I thought I'd pass on this link for reliable cells. I'm no battery builder so no use to me . In particular 18650.co.uk