Smart ebike out of production?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Smart e-biker....you state that you are using the bike to save the environment,which is somewhat amusing in that in an earlier post you mention using a motor cruiser at 40 knots,just out of interest what boat do you have?
You seem to be something of a fantasist,I suppose we should all be considerate and wait until you are rehabilitated,is that a mental or physical rehabilitation that your Smart bike is your intended solution?
Just can't understand why you feel the need to be so rude to so many people ,not sure whether you have troll intentions,are alcohol fuelled or have some personality disorder but you are making yourself look a right idiot on this forum.
KudosDave[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
using a motor cruiser at 40 knots,just out of interest what boat do you have?
You seem to be something of a fantasist,
KudosDave
[/QUOTE]

My yacht went faster than that when I went to Monaco recently to see my mate Lewis.

I was in a hurry because he'd just crashed that £1.6m Zonda car.

Last time I lend him anything.

Bjorgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2015
uk
While looking around for an ebike I stumbled upon this smart bike and really really liked it, I think it does look good and is probably well made, however I decided against it as I just couldn't be bothered with all those commoners gawping at me as I wizzed by, let alone all the people who will hinder me by begging for my autograph as I would have been riding a vastly superior bike to the general riff-raff.
Seriously though, I do like it and would buy one right now if I could get it for 1K, the battery put me off though, 10a I believe, is this ok for hilly ground for say 20 miles? is there any upgrade? the brochure I got sent says
Power in w --200/250 does this mean I have the option of a 250W ?
Basically what im asking is can I get this bike with 250W motor and a 15ah battery for around 1k?

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
While looking around for an ebike I stumbled upon this smart bike and really really liked it, I think it does look good and is probably well made, however I decided against it as I just couldn't be bothered with all those commoners gawping at me as I wizzed by, let alone all the people who will hinder me by begging for my autograph as I would have been riding a vastly superior bike to the general riff-raff.
Seriously though, I do like it and would buy one right now if I could get it for 1K, the battery put me off though, 10a I believe, is this ok for hilly ground for say 20 miles? is there any upgrade? the brochure I got sent says
Power in w --200/250 does this mean I have the option of a 250W ?
Basically what im asking is can I get this bike with 250W motor and a 15ah battery for around 1k?
The bikes here are £1,800 for a 200w, there are some available in Belgium for £1,065 plus shipping of around £150 to your door, the ones in the rest of Europe including Belgium are the 250 watt ones, you can't upgrade the battery but it is very good and powerful with the 250watt motor. If you want the details send me a message, you could get the bike shipped internally to say the Ostend Mercedes dealer and collect it there on a day trip through the tunnel if you live nearby and make a day of it.

I really can't see what people are getting excited about, its stunning value for money in my opinion and a little different to the bog standard bike look. Some of my previous posts include all the info, so if you are bored you can take a look :)

Reactions: Bjorgi

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Smart e-biker....you state that you are using the bike to save the environment,which is somewhat amusing in that in an earlier post you mention using a motor cruiser at 40 knots,just out of interest what boat do you have?
You seem to be something of a fantasist,I suppose we should all be considerate and wait until you are rehabilitated,is that a mental or physical rehabilitation that your Smart bike is your intended solution?
Just can't understand why you feel the need to be so rude to so many people ,not sure whether you have troll intentions,are alcohol fuelled or have some personality disorder but you are making yourself look a right idiot on this forum.
KudosDave
[/QUOTE]
Some of my replies have been tongue in cheek, I think some of you need to get out more, I can see you talk about bikes but do you actually go out on them, or do you have voice activated posting capability on board :)

Bjorgi

Oct 10, 2015
uk
Thanks for that, I might email my local dealer again to check their prices, should come down if they want them shifted as its old stock..IF theres a 2016 model, or they are stopping them completely.
That does sound a good price, will Mercedes UK honour the warranty or does it have to get sent back to Belgium?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: SRS and Bjorgi

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
KudosDave
[/QUOTE]
I don't think the boat I have is any business of yours, but its a motor yacht, 40 knots is its top speed although you are burning the fuel at that speed, cruising say to Guernsey is around 30 knots for best economy. I keep it on the South Coast and spend most weekends on it, the only problem you have with boats is when you arrive somewhere you are stuck for transport unless you hire a car, I keep a motorbike on board and will now have the bike and perhaps get another bike, so hoping to get out more and explore further afield from the marinas.

Bjorgi

Oct 10, 2015
uk
Reactions: soundwave

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Thanks for that, I might email my local dealer again to check their prices, should come down if they want them shifted as its old stock..IF theres a 2016 model, or they are stopping them completely.
That does sound a good price, will Mercedes UK honour the warranty or does it have to get sent back to Belgium?
I spoke with my UK dealer today, he said they had now stopped production of the model which has run since 2012, he doesn't know if there will be a 2016 one but as the existing one was £2,500 until it was recently reduced to £1,800 a new one would I think be upwards of £2,500. I am looking for a second bike, there was no deals to be done on the £1,800 price although they offer interest free option over 2 yrs http://uk.smart.com/uk/en/index/offers/smart-ebike-offer.html?s_kwcid=AL!160!3!77610413686!e!!g!!smart ebike&ef_id=Vj07LgAABI1qblzH:20151116221737:s

When I went to buy the bike I had no idea about the German and belgium prices, I was happy to pay the £1,800, so when the Euro rate of 1,449 Euros exchanged to £1,065 it was happy days :) Now I have had one at that price I don't really want to pay more as the saving has let me buy a spare battery and an iPad Pro :)

Reactions: Bjorgi

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah im sure they will do that just will prob have to put wheels on and set handlebars up as will be in bike box when you get it.

no dealer can service the motor anyway so just keep the box and ship it back if have any problems.

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Hmm, I like that..oh well, back to the drawing board..Do you think if if I ask them to they would build it and ride it around a while to make sure its working as it should? incase it needs sent back..
Any bike you are thinking of getting check the warranty terms and conditions, shipping bikes around is expensive and some carriers will not ship a bike with that size of battery, some will and don't charge more and some send it as hazardous cargo that costs a fortune, so do your research before buying and know it can be shipped, the cost, and full warranty details.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its free from mhw ;)

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
The Mercedes Smart ebike warranty is global, with trained technicians in the Smart dealerships that sell them, they service them and download any updates e.t.c.

Bjorgi

Oct 10, 2015
uk
I spoke with my UK dealer today, he said they had now stopped production of the model which has run since 2012, he doesn't know if there will be a 2016 one but as the existing one was £2,500 until it was recently reduced to £1,800 a new one would I think be upwards of £2,500. I am looking for a second bike, there was no deals to be done on the £1,800 price although they offer interest free option over 2 yrs http://uk.smart.com/uk/en/index/offers/smart-ebike-offer.html?s_kwcid=AL!160!3!77610413686!e!!g!!smart ebike&ef_id=Vj07LgAABI1qblzH:20151116221737:s

When I went to buy the bike I had no idea about the German and belgium prices, I was happy to pay the £1,800, so when the Euro rate of 1,449 Euros exchanged to £1,065 it was happy days :) Now I have had one at that price I don't really want to pay more as the saving has let me buy a spare battery and an iPad Pro :)

Ok, cheers I will keep my eye on them and see what happens.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
trained technicians in the Smart dealerships.

how much they charge to service it then ;)

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
trained technicians in the Smart dealerships.

how much they charge to service it then ;)
I think its around £60 which includes a full check up and software updates, I guess it would also highlight any issues that could come under the 2yr warranty if there were any, including battery.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Hmm, I like that..oh well, back to the drawing board..Do you think if if I ask them to they would build it and ride it around a while to make sure its working as it should? incase it needs sent back..
A much better bike all round. Much more powerful and Cube is a good German make which uses good quality components. Pedelecs are advancing technically all time and have moved on a fair way in just the last few years since the Smart bike first came out. Kalkhoff for instance has gone through three motor upgrades since then, and the power of the current motors is twice that of the 2012 motors. Let alone the rather long in the tooth Bion X.

If you live in a hilly area I doubt if three speeds will cut it either. Let alone a weedy 200W three speed. Plenty of good bikes on sale from all the established manufactures. Some are very like the Smart in looks too if that’s what you like. Not to my taste, but each to his own. Plenty of special offers at this time of the year too if you look around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kudoscycles