The New 2012 Xipi

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Blimey, everytime I start a thread it seems to end in a mass difference of opinion :(
Which probably makes you a very valuable member of the forum, keeping lively discussion going to maintain interest!

The following subjects are guaranteed to result in strongly opposing views in this forum:

Cycle helmets, to wear or not.

E-bike power assist speed limit.

E-bike wattage power allowed.

Whether more or less e-bike laws are desirable.

Observance of the law in general.

You're safe with discussing fluffy animals or pretty country scenes.

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Which probably Observance of the law in general.

The only good fluffy animal is a dead fluffy animal ;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Which probably makes you a very valuable member of the forum, keeping lively discussion going to maintain interest!

The following subjects are guaranteed to result in strongly opposing views in this forum:

Cycle helmets, to wear or not.

E-bike power assist speed limit.

E-bike wattage power allowed.

Whether more or less e-bike laws are desirable.

Observance of the law in general.

Im surprised at you Flecc.....you missed out Tonaro :D :D

( and judging by Hugh's reply.....not even poor fluffy animals are safe LOL )

Lynda :)

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
OK there have been lists of controversial topics. But if you would really like to see the manure hit the fan, choose one or more from my list below.
1.The folly of building new nuclear power stations.
2. Cold Fusion.
3 Lorries, driven by professionals have tachographs. Cars which are driven by amateurs do not, but should have.
4.For a safer society, everyone should have a microchip in their neck, so they can be tracked by satellite.
5. Any of the new energy technologies for energy generation other than cold fusion, including the Plasmerg engine.
I could go on, but I think that is enough for now.
Oh, I forgot Peak Oil!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I LOVE nucleur power!:confused::p

You have touched on one of my pet hates: why dont london taxi drivers have tachographs...

I have had 3 serious motor accidents in my time. two with cab drivers who where so knackered looking God knows how many hours they had been out for. Darn site more then a HGV driver I bet...greedy barstewards:(

I LOVE nucleur power!:confused::p

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
how about Heathrow airport ?

:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
OK there have been lists of controversial topics. But if you would really like to see the manure hit the fan, choose one or more from my list below.
2. Cold Fusion.
3 Lorries, driven by professionals have tachographs. Cars which are driven by amateurs do not, but should have.
4.For a safer society, everyone should have a microchip in their neck, so they can be tracked by satellite.
5. Any of the new energy technologies for energy generation other than cold fusion, including the Plasmerg engine.
Oh, I forgot Peak Oil!
How about a satellite traced electric lorry fuelled by it's onboard cold-fusion nuclear station delivering for the Peak Oil Company? :p

Come to think of it, if I was setting up in the oil fuels supply business, I'd name it the Peak Oil Company.

All my drivers would be POCsy employees. ;)

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I LOVE Heathrow airport!!! But not the Turdero (having a test ride week after next just for a laugh:))

Last edited:

smudger1956

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2012
West London
Perplexed, I was perplexed once, a 2 week course of anti biotics and a rub down with the Sporting Life had me right as rain.

Illiteracy,I have noticed that, a few people need to learn the Queens english proper like wot I do.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Shush Lynda, they'd almost forgotten the T word.
Hey, Flecc......I think you know me by now.....do I ever shush ? :D

I still love, love, love my TONARO.......though I have to admit my eyes are lusting towards another.......about en route, I think, as we speak......:eek:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Well at least smudge it got you kinda thinking (for a change:D)

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
How about a satellite traced electric lorry fuelled by it's onboard cold-fusion nuclear station delivering for the Peak Oil Company? :p

Come to think of it, if I was setting up in the oil fuels supply business, I'd name it the Peak Oil Company.

All my drivers would be POCsy employees. ;)
Too late Flecc Peak Oils Home | PEAK OIL they've been around for years :p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I thought it was somehow familiar! Good name, a nice snub to the gloom mongers.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I LOVE! Peak oil!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Oh,
Just come back from holiday and I missed all the fun!
Talk about bad luck eh Mike ? LOLOL

That will teach you to go off enjoying yourself :D

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
2. Cold Fusion.
Oh, I forgot Peak Oil!
1. Nothing foolish about Nukes - although I would prefer Thorium reactors. By the time we get around to it, the Indians and Chinese will be well ahead and sell us their technology.
2. A fly in a bottle had more credibility.
3. You don't think there are? Many new cars for the past decade have an event recorder built in to the the ECU and can be interrogated for speed, collision, etc.
The makers didn't tell you about that, did they?
4. Three strikes and a chip - not from birth.
5. Trouble with most of the 'new green' techs is they are mostly hogwash.

Peak Oil is a favourite of mine, too. You'll get oil company shills popping up here and there assuring us we're nowhere near the peak, but that's utter bs.