The Wispers are coming!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Come to Presteigne!

Niceee, i'd love to get my hands on the 905 sport
Hi Phresh

Come to Presteigne, we will be showing all three of the 905 Models.

We will also be holding an open day in July at Sammy Millers Motorbike museum in the New Forest if it's easier for you.

Best regards David

Last edited:

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
I've just been in touch with David @ Wisper Bikes.

Apparently the new 905's arrived in the UK last week and are currently going through customs.

They should be with Wisper either Friday or Monday ready to distribute next week.

Hurrah :D

(Hope I get mine in time to take it to Presteigne :eek: )

What I dont get is how whisper can track their bikes from dispatch to coming into the UK, though other suppliers (wont name) have no idea about their bikes til they arrive on their doorstep.
Outstanding work Whisper anyway !

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What I dont get is how whisper can track their bikes from dispatch to coming into the UK, though other suppliers (wont name) have no idea about their bikes til they arrive on their doorstep.
Outstanding work Whisper anyway !
Wisper are both the manufacturer and the supplier, they own and help run the Chinese company. That makes it dead easy.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
I think its dead easy anyway Flecc but you know how i feel and we wont go down that road.
But again great work for your customers Whisper.
Got any feathers in your cap to hand out Dave?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Feathers?

Hi Burnie

I wish I had a cap never mind a feather! I do have a beer though, for the garden!

It is a little easier for us, but I do sympathise with 50 cycles. The Chinese are especially good at telling you what you want to hear, especially when it comes to dispatch dates!

We have learned (recently) that until we actually see the component, we don't tell people it is coming!

Our biggest problem has been with Shimano (Japan) who are massively late with deliveries at the moment. To finish our last 300 bikes necessitated buying the Alivio dérailleurs and free wheels in Spain and shipping them to Shanghai! Some on the container that has just arrived here have Tourney on them but we have shipped enough Alivios here to the UK to cover them if buyers want to change them.

I look forward to seeing you in Presteigne, let's hope the weather holds out or I will ditch that cap and sport a rather fetching sou'wester :D.

All the best David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We have eyes in China too.

Hi Eric

I meant when we see it in China.

When we have the component in Shanghai we talk about it so it is still at least 6 weeks from UK.

All the best David

BrizzleBoy

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2007
Bristol
Wahooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Not only coming but are here :D

Going to pick up my Wisper 905SE city tonight. The excitement has reached fever point. Reminds me of christmas eve as a kid :eek:

A full report will follow after a few thousand miles on the clock ( probably next week )

ElephantsGerald

Pedelecer
Mar 17, 2008
Herefordshire, HR2
Sport not City!

Good for you :D. I'm picking mine up from Wisper in Presteigne on Sunday (although I did let slip to my missus that the excitement might have me nipping over to Presteigne on Saturday as well to pick it up sooner - that suggestion bought me some really dirty looks :eek:)

Went to pick up the bike - I have been sent the Sport instead of the City Commuter one.
I'm surprised Dave/Doug didn't say anything to you about this - when I ordered mine I was told this shipment was all Sports, but that they would "Citify" mine by attaching a luggage rack and some lights.

Regards,

Elephants

phil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2007
Nantwich, Cheshire
Meet up pedelecky people??

I'm staying at the Radnorshire Arms tonight complete with wife and 3 children but would love to meet any of you guys whose gems of wisdom I read; I think I should be releasable from parental duties (arriving about 7pm) so I don't know if any one wants to meet in the Radnorshire bar (get the bar staff to search me out??) or leave a message for me {the Turner family} as to where anyone is meeting; we have two family members running the Race for Life in Bakewell on Sunday so will be shooting back at end of Saturday, hence me being proactive about meeting gurus like flecc and the Wisper boys who have been most helpful in my enquiries (still not bought my bike! ....but will bring a car rack!!!). Is jimmyin england coming cos I'm intrigued by previous posts you've sent.

Please ignore this suggestion if inappropriate!! Phil.

phil

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2007
Nantwich, Cheshire
sorry above post was supposed to be in "Presteigne" thread - serves me right for having too many pages up on the computer at once, Phil.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Presteigne

I'm staying at the Radnorshire Arms tonight complete with wife and 3 children but would love to meet any of you guys whose gems of wisdom I read; I think I should be releasable from parental duties (arriving about 7pm) so I don't know if any one wants to meet in the Radnorshire bar (get the bar staff to search me out??) or leave a message for me {the Turner family} as to where anyone is meeting; we have two family members running the Race for Life in Bakewell on Sunday so will be shooting back at end of Saturday, hence me being proactive about meeting gurus like flecc and the Wisper boys who have been most helpful in my enquiries (still not bought my bike! ....but will bring a car rack!!!). Is jimmyin england coming cos I'm intrigued by previous posts you've sent.

Please ignore this suggestion if inappropriate!! Phil.
Doug and I will be at the hotel on Saturday. Hope to see you then.

All the best David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Poo :eek:

Went to pick up the bike - I have been sent the Sport instead of the City Commuter one.

Fine looking machine though
Hi Brizzle boy

Ooops :eek:

After all my chat about "we won't say we have them until we see them" this early container has arrived with all sports!!

The June container will have a mix of Sports and City S's.

As Elephants says, we would be pleased to "cityfy" them with our complements, (actually you got a better bike in my opinion with magnesium front forks and disk brakes!)

So full length mudguards are available FOC if required to all those who ordered City's and are disappointed. The racks are already in the boxes.

All the best David

BrizzleBoy

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2007
Bristol
beauty

No problem David - with cable tie or 2 I have been able to fit mudguard with rack in place.

36 hours in I am absolutely delighted as my concerns regarding how the bike would deal with my petite frame of 6ft 3 and 17 st have been dispelled - will post a detailed report after a few weeks commuting. Have already annoyed a chap on a racing bike :D

JohnInStockie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2006
Stockport, SK7
Many congrats BrizzleBoy, I tried one of these today at Presteigne and was suitably impressed.

I hope you both are very happy together :D

ElephantsGerald

Pedelecer
Mar 17, 2008
Herefordshire, HR2
No problem David - with cable tie or 2 I have been able to fit mudguard with rack in place.
Hi BrizzleBoy,

Glad you're liking the bike. I got mine yesterday and spent some time puzzling out how to put it together. I failed miserably to get the rack and the sport mudguard on at the same time. Could you give some more info on what you did to get them both attached?

I had a great ride into work this morning (16 miles), but couldn't get the 34 tooth low gear to engage when I needed it on the nasty hills around here (I had to get off and walk :eek:).

I know the bike as supplied has Tourney dérailleurs instead of the advertised Alivio dérailleurs (Doug/Dave are going to send me the Alivio's in the post).

Are my gears badly adjusted, or are the Tourney dérailleurs not up the job of engaging the huge 34 tooth low gear? Any ideas anyone?

Regards,

Elephants