Thoughts on Carrera Crossfire-E

D

Deleted member 4366

If an ebike switches itself off and the display on the handlebars goes off, it's almost certainly a problem between the battery and the controller. Try a velcro strap to hold the battery tight against the frame to see if it improves.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Only today I have found out that in order to reset the trip computer one has to press plus and minus together and that is not what the manual is saying.
I have posted the LCD-3 manual in the ressources section. You press them about a minute after switching on then the on off button very briefly to reset.

Mariusz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 17, 2016
If an ebike switches itself off and the display on the handlebars goes off, it's almost certainly a problem between the battery and the controller. Try a velcro strap to hold the battery tight against the frame to see if it improves.
Thank you very much for your advice. I will try to follow it immediately.
My feeling is that it is something to do with the battery as it sometimes switches off on bumpy roads.

Mariusz

Apr 17, 2016
I have posted the LCD-3 manual in the ressources section. You press them about a minute after switching on then the on off button very briefly to reset.
Thank you Anotherkiwi.
I must have missed your post. Silly me.

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Anyone know if you can get a spare charger for this bike? Looking to have one at home and one at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

Anyone know if you can get a spare charger for this bike? Looking to have one at home and one at work.

What connector does it have and what are the markings on the charger?

Sent from my Evolution i7 GTX970 PC using Google Chrome

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Bike hasn't arrived yet. Will take some pics when it does.

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Bike hasn't arrived yet. Will take some pics when it does.

wobare

Dec 4, 2015
Bristol
Mariusz,

It appears that the problem has gone - for now at least. I did nothing but for at least last 3 months I did not have any unexpected failures. Although I have noticed that sometimes the battery indicator goes from 99% (this is the maximum) to say 85% within first few hundreds yards....and then the reading stays like that for several miles. So I believe there is something with the batter voltage. I managed to nearly completely discharge the battery and charge it again twice - maybe this helped to stop the unexpected switch off?

wobare

Dec 4, 2015
Bristol
Thank you very much for your advice. I will try to follow it immediately.
My feeling is that it is something to do with the battery as it sometimes switches off on bumpy roads.
Mine never switches on bumpy roads. Most often it happened when I stopped say at the traffic lights for example. When I tried to start pedaling again the screen suddenly went blank. Only pressing the power button on the batter could bring the bike to life. Last couple of times when it happened I had to press it 2 - 3 times as after a short period of being 'on' the bike was switching itself off again. Only after second or third attempt the 'fix' was permanent. As I said in other post for last 3 months no problems with it. I will see what will happen when the temperatures will be higher. Maybe it is an temperature problem?

D

Deleted member 4366

Mine never switches on bumpy roads. Most often it happened when I stopped say at the traffic lights for example. When I tried to start pedaling again the screen suddenly went blank. Only pressing the power button on the batter could bring the bike to life. Last couple of times when it happened I had to press it 2 - 3 times as after a short period of being 'on' the bike was switching itself off again. Only after second or third attempt the 'fix' was permanent. As I said in other post for last 3 months no problems with it. I will see what will happen when the temperatures will be higher. Maybe it is an temperature problem?
It's possible that it has a sleep mode. If the wheel doesn't turn for a set amount of time, it switches off. Sleep mode time is normally adjustable, but you need the software manual.

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
What connector does it have and what are the markings on the charger?

Sent from my Evolution i7 GTX970 PC using Google Chrome
The charger has arrived. Pic attached.

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Another pic

dazbobaby

May 21, 2016
halifax
Hi, any of you, owners of Carrera Crossfire E-bike get this problem that the electrical support switches itself off randomly?
Yes but I only noticed this when I went down a VERY bumpy cobbled road and only twice in 200 miles has it done this.

• Informative

dazbobaby

May 21, 2016
halifax
Last edited by a moderator:

mcozzy

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2016
Anyone know how to change the wheelsize on the controller? I'm guessing decreasing the wheelsize the bike thinks it has will allow more assisted speed..
A snippet of info from the 2011 manual, which has been removed in subsequent manuals, although this is the older model of controller & doesnt work for the 2015 model.

1. Switch to “average speed”
2. Press the “Mode” and the “Info” button simultaniously(FAST)
3. The currently set wheel size will show up
4. To change to a different wheel size press the “Mode” and “Info” button again 5. After the wheel size starts blinking press the “Mode Button to change to a different size 6. Press the “Info” button twice to store your changes.

• Informative

ebike101

Dec 7, 2015
Hi mcozzy. I think that you can view the wheelsize by pressing + & i together for about 5 seconds but I'm not sure how you can change the setting. Perhaps you'll have more luck than me!

• Informative
Reactions: mcozzy