throttle problem

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hi ,
I have a problem with an ebike kit I bought a couple of years off ebay, the throttle wont stop sometimes when I let it go, I tried to change it for another throttle, for 20 mins it was fine, then the problem started again,I changed back to the old throttle and the same thing happened, 20 mins it was fine, then it started malfunctioning again, my guess is its the controller, but I wanted to know others thoughts on it? I may just try a different controller see how it goes

regards
Stuart

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
On my Fiido D11 - my only e-bike with a throttle (thumb) - if you hold the throttle in the same position for several seconds it maintains that speed ("cruise"). You cancel it by either letting the throttle go and then giving it a quick press, or squeezing the brake(s) to activate the motor cut-off switch(es). It's just the way the controller has been programmed.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If using julet type connectors check the pinouts for moisture tracking between them.

Unlikely to be a controller issue, more likely there is a fault with the wiring/wire loom between controller and throttle connection. So you will have to inspect the wiring by dexteritory and feel along the wiring for a small uneven area .

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi ,
I have a problem with an ebike kit I bought a couple of years off ebay, the throttle wont stop sometimes when I let it go, I tried to change it for another throttle, for 20 mins it was fine, then the problem started again,I changed back to the old throttle and the same thing happened, 20 mins it was fine, then it started malfunctioning again, my guess is its the controller, but I wanted to know others thoughts on it? I may just try a different controller see how it goes

regards
Stuart
You have cruise selected in the settings or with a jumper connector. Take the jumper off or un-set it in the settings because it's dangerous.

• Informative
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If a KT the jumper wire is often a double ended U wire which needs disconnecting or simply a blue /black wire connected.
P7 /0 for off with KT.

Best to show a controller wiring pic .

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
thanks for the replies, it wasnt in cruise mode, I changed the controller ,its fine now

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
thanks for the replies, it wasnt in cruise mode, I changed the controller ,its fine now
There's no fault that you can get in a controller that can give the problem you described, except when the cruise is set in the settings, which is a fault of the user, not the controller.