Vekkit

KenR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 11, 2020
Good to here about the range for you. I calculate MY range on meters of climb from my Garmin but I live in a hilly area. Is there a zero assist mode on the handlebar control? If not where is the on/off switch? I prefer to use zero or off when I don't need assist. I agree about gears, I always go higher on electric bikes. Look forward to getting further updates, Thanks :):cool:

Fatheralice

Oct 9, 2020
3 speeds = 30/70/100% on handlebar, and press and hold to power off completely
If you use the app, it allows you full control in 10% increments.

Just cycled up Haytor this morning, which was 1650 ft of elevation and about 14 mile round trip. I knew I'd been up a big hill, but made it without drama, so very impressed with about 50% battery remaining after the round trip.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Let's get one thing straight in case people end up making wrong decisions based on what they read. Range has very little to do with the the type of bike or motor. What affects the range the most is how hard you pedal.

You have a motor that can convert energy stored in a battery to suppliment your own energy while riding the bike. You can take the energy out quickly and get a lot of help or you can trickle it out and get a lot less help for a long time. Any electric bike has a range of a few miles to infinity depending on how you use it. What range anybody gets on any particular journey is unique to them and their situation.

As an example, my first electric bike had an 8.8Ah battery. It had a rudimentary control system, hub-motor and was a medium weight MTB type. I was getting about 30 miles from the battery for leisure rides. I decided to use it for my 30 mile commute. I had fitted a wattmeter to it so that I could predict more accurately when the battery would run out. On the first day, the battery indicator was firmly in the red as I made the final asscent, having used the full 8Ah. After a couple of months, I had got my consumption down to 1Ah for the 30 mile journey that included 1000ft of ascending, i.e. a range of around 250 miles. The only difference from before was how hard I pedalled, and maybe 2kg in mass.

The bigger the battery you have, the further you can go for more or less the same pedal effort.

A light, efficient bike with a low frontal area will require less energy to maintain any speed than an upright MTB with fat tyres. The greater the speed, the much greater the difference.

Each 1kg of mass takes roughly 1% more energy to move it up any incline, so a 100kg rider needs 25% more power to ride side by side with an 80kg rider up the same incline, no matter how steep or not steep the incline is.

Ceiclo

Apr 4, 2021
Let's get one thing straight in case people end up making wrong decisions based on what they read. Range has very little to do with the the type of bike or motor. What affects the range the most is how hard you pedal.

You have a motor that can convert energy stored in a battery to suppliment your own energy while riding the bike. You can take the energy out quickly and get a lot of help or you can trickle it out and get a lot less help for a long time. Any electric bike has a range of a few miles to infinity depending on how you use it. What range anybody gets on any particular journey is unique to them and their situation.

As an example, my first electric bike had an 8.8Ah battery. It had a rudimentary control system, hub-motor and was a medium weight MTB type. I was getting about 30 miles from the battery for leisure rides. I decided to use it for my 30 mile commute. I had fitted a wattmeter to it so that I could predict more accurately when the battery would run out. On the first day, the battery indicator was firmly in the red as I made the final asscent, having used the full 8Ah. After a couple of months, I had got my consumption down to 1Ah for the 30 mile journey that included 1000ft of ascending, i.e. a range of around 250 miles. The only difference from before was how hard I pedalled, and maybe 2kg in mass.

The bigger the battery you have, the further you can go for more or less the same pedal effort.

A light, efficient bike with a low frontal area will require less energy to maintain any speed than an upright MTB with fat tyres. The greater the speed, the much greater the difference.

Each 1kg of mass takes roughly 1% more energy to move it up any incline, so a 100kg rider needs 25% more power to ride side by side with an 80kg rider up the same incline, no matter how steep or not steep the incline is.

Ceiclo

Apr 4, 2021
Hi.
I'm looking for a front motor hub conversion kit.
Hi.
I'd be interested in an update on your vekkit conversion kit now that a few months have passed since purchase. Are you still happy with it? I am thinking of buying one.

Fatheralice

Oct 9, 2020
I've actually just started re-using over the last few weeks after a winter break, due to me being a fair weather cyclist, rather than any issue with the kit!

Seems to be working fine, I'm pleased to say.

The only issue I have had, was when the elastic band holding the cadence sensor snapped mid cycle, so it fell off. Soon noticed as the motor stops giving you assistance, but it was as I was crossing a small side road, so could have been a disaster if a car had run over it, or I was crossing a drain!)
(There was a sharp edge on the pedal arm, which was the cause, but I guess it is worth keeping an eye on in general, as every time it needs recharging, which is supposed to be every 80 hours or so, the band gets stretched as you remove it, so they will eventually weaken, particularly as they age)
I'll probably get a velcro strap to wrap around the sensor and pedal arm at some point for extra security, but that's just me being extra cautious.

It works brilliantly on a flattish ride, and I can maintain a 16-17 mph ave speed which is pretty much my max based on bike, gears, cadence etc) without too much effort, and allows me to go faster than that without motor assistance, or noticeable engine drag if I want.
It still makes you work to climb a step incline, which is to be expected based on the motor output, but the assistance is still a big help on such climbs!

Either way, the assistance is pretty much instant as soon as you turn the pedal, and just feels very natural.

I like the fact I still need to pedal and make some effort, which I can adjust based on the assistance level selected as fitness improves. Of coursed if you wanted to climb hills with no effort, you'd want to get a throttle assist model with a bigger motor I suppose

I tend not to use the Vekkit app much, as it is based on km and kph, and I'm used to miles and mph here in the UK. A while back Pavel suggested they were going to add mph support to the app, but I've not seen that update yet.
You can happily ride the bike, and adjust the assistance levels with the handlebar remote with the 0/30/70/100% selections that it offers - the app just allows finer adjustment in 10% increments, and it keeps a log of your ride history if you like that sort of thing.

Ceiclo

Apr 4, 2021
I've actually just started re-using over the last few weeks after a winter break, due to me being a fair weather cyclist, rather than any issue with the kit!

The only issue I have had, was when the elastic band holding the cadence sensor snapped mid cycle, so it fell off. Soon noticed as the motor stops giving you assistance, but it was as I was crossing a small side road, so could have been a disaster if a car had run over it, or I was crossing a drain!)
(There was a sharp edge on the pedal arm, which was the cause, but I guess it is worth keeping an eye on in general, as every time it needs recharging, which is supposed to be every 80 hours or so, the band gets stretched as you remove it, so they will eventually weaken, particularly as they age)
I'll probably get a velcro strap to wrap around the sensor and pedal arm at some point for extra security, but that's just me being extra cautious.

It works brilliantly on a flattish ride, and I can maintain a 16-17 mph ave speed which is pretty much my max based on bike, gears, cadence etc) without too much effort, and allows me to go faster than that without motor assistance, or noticeable engine drag if I want.
It still makes you work to climb a step incline, which is to be expected based on the motor output, but the assistance is still a big help on such climbs!

Either way, the assistance is pretty much instant as soon as you turn the pedal, and just feels very natural.

I like the fact I still need to pedal and make some effort, which I can adjust based on the assistance level selected as fitness improves. Of coursed if you wanted to climb hills with no effort, you'd want to get a throttle assist model with a bigger motor I suppose

I tend not to use the Vekkit app much, as it is based on km and kph, and I'm used to miles and mph here in the UK. A while back Pavel suggested they were going to add mph support to the app, but I've not seen that update yet.
You can happily ride the bike, and adjust the assistance levels with the handlebar remote with the 0/30/70/100% selections that it offers - the app just allows finer adjustment in 10% increments, and it keeps a log of your ride history if you like that sort of thing.
That's really helpful. Thankyou.

guilner

May 3, 2021
Hello everybody, I am supposed to receive my kit this week, I was wondering if any of you who bought it, received a notification from the courier company before delivery. I have sent many emails to Vekkit but they are not answering, also tried many times the phone number they have in contacts no one responds. Not sure why this silence from them. Any ideas? Thanks for your help

guilner

May 3, 2021
Hi All. I'm Pavel from Vekkit. Yes, there are no reviews yet. It looks like our customers don’t have free time to write reviews. Anyway, you can order the kit, receive it, try and return back if you don't enjoy it. We have spent more than one year to develop our wireless cadence sensor. Yes, it's a really complex task to make the sensor robust against interference but we did it. We don't use BLE like other sensor productions do. We use a proprietary RF protocol. It helps to deliver data from the sensor to the motor controller very fast and securely.
Hello Pavel I have been sending emails to you for weeks now, can you tell me why I am not getting a reply? I wonder if I wanted to cancel the order and nobody answers like this I would be out of time to return they kit?. So do you have a answer for me?

hey_pavel

May 1, 2020
Hello Pavel I have been sending emails to you for weeks now, can you tell me why I am not getting a reply? I wonder if I wanted to cancel the order and nobody answers like this I would be out of time to return they kit?. So do you have a answer for me?
Hello.

Please, resend your e-mail if I still haven't replied. Sorry, your profile hasn't a name and I cannot check if I've answered or not. There were problems with the e-mail filter and we have missed many e-mails.

guilner

May 3, 2021
Hello.

Please, resend your e-mail if I still haven't replied. Sorry, your profile hasn't a name and I cannot check if I've answered or not. There were problems with the e-mail filter and we have missed many e-mails.
Hello Pavel,

yes I am aware you had email problems, no worries I already received an answer thank you

TMc

Jul 12, 2021

Are things still going well with your Vekkit?

TMc

Jul 12, 2021
Hello everybody, I am supposed to receive my kit this week, I was wondering if any of you who bought it, received a notification from the courier company before delivery. I have sent many emails to Vekkit but they are not answering, also tried many times the phone number they have in contacts no one responds. Not sure why this silence from them. Any ideas? Thanks for your help
I am having the same problem, my kit should have been completed on the 16/07/21. I have made attempts to contact them by email and had no response. Have you received your Kit?

TTT_ebike

Just Joined
Jul 21, 2021
I am having the same problem, my kit should have been completed on the 16/07/21. I have made attempts to contact them by email and had no response. Have you received your Kit?
My kit should have shipped on June 8! They have promised twice already that my kit would ship on a specific day and here we are. I have asked Vekkit to refund me the money. I am sure that their kit is great and I wish I had been able to use it but their customer service is non-existent and they keep overpromising and not delivering.

TMc

Jul 12, 2021
My kit should have shipped on June 8! They have promised twice already that my kit would ship on a specific day and here we are. I have asked Vekkit to refund me the money. I am sure that their kit is great and I wish I had been able to use it but their customer service is non-existent and they keep overpromising and not delivering.
The customer service is shocking, what a shame. it all sounds good on paper. But it seems like no one is receiving kits. this is why we can only find one review on the product, if that is real. I am now thinking of getting a refund as I don't believe I will ever see my kit. it gets very frustrating and annoying when all attempts to contact them is just ignored. I hope Pavel and his Vekkit team are reading this, your business will never succeed if you treat your customers so badly.

almar0035

Just Joined
Apr 4, 2021
Hi all, I had to dispute my payment after two months of delay to shipment with no replies. They only replied to me when the dispute from my bank reached their account, at which point magically the kit was ready and replied that they wouldnt ship unless I cancelled my dispute (once a dispute has been cancelled it cant be raised again, so I would have been screwed if I had done that).

I suggested they shipped and I would remove the dispute when the kit arrived, they got back to me saying that my kit had been shipped to another customer (within 3 days).

DO NOT buy from Vekkit, at this point I believe this is a scam and not an actual company.

TMc

Jul 12, 2021
Hi all, I had to dispute my payment after two months of delay to shipment with no replies. They only replied to me when the dispute from my bank reached their account, at which point magically the kit was ready and replied that they wouldnt ship unless I cancelled my dispute (once a dispute has been cancelled it cant be raised again, so I would have been screwed if I had done that).

I suggested they shipped and I would remove the dispute when the kit arrived, they got back to me saying that my kit had been shipped to another customer (within 3 days).

DO NOT buy from Vekkit, at this point I believe this is a scam and not an actual company.
Wow we are now getting to the truth, this company is driving me mad. They do not reply to any correspondence. You said your kit arrived, can I ask if it lived up to all their hype? Its looking like I will have to contact my bank to deal with this. I should have known better. What a disappointment!!! I could have bought from someone else and enjoyed my purchase instead I'm having to deal with this. Terrible company they need locking up. No wonder they have no reviews. Pavel of Vekkit if that's your real name, disgraceful. This has to be the worse buying experience I have ever had to put up with.