vintage electric bicycle.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
make it go 300mph ;) ill test drive it :)

Reactions: craiggor

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no but make a ebike go Mach 1 and ill kill my self trying ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you dont crash u not going fast enough ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
I was out motorcycle trail riding some years back.We came across 2 mountain bikers one had smashed his head right open his mate said his helmet had cost £70,it was in 3 pieces.it looked no better than £6 one.A helmet like yours would of been much better.

Reactions: soundwave

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I was out motorcycle trail riding some years back.We came across 2 mountain bikers one had smashed his head right open his mate said his helmet had cost £70,it was in 3 pieces.it looked no better than £6 one.A helmet like yours would of been much better.
Of course it it had been a £6 one his head would probably have been in three pieces. Good ones are designed to break to save your head from breaking.

i don’t know if they have got a lot better but back in my last motorcycling days around twenty five years ago the best helmets could only take a 15 mph head on impact and still save you. That means that if you sprinted full tilt into a lamp post head down and hit it full on, even with the most expensive helmet you would probably be killed.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Thanks.Brilliant yes.Work of a true craftsman a will have to disagre.I was show how to cut, bend,file metal in 1st year school.Not learned much since that.
As has already been said I think you are being too modest;)

Trust me, I have seen work by "precision engineers" that was less accomplished than what you have achieved.

Last edited by a moderator:

eBoy

Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2014
Fantastic work, Craiggor! I rode my very first electric bike at Valley. I stopped to look at his old motorbikes and discovered he sold electric bikes too. I had a go on a Milan, with lead-acid batteries. It got me hooked! Johnny

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Fantastic work, Craiggor! I rode my very first electric bike at Valley. I stopped to look at his old motorbikes and discovered he sold electric bikes too. I had a go on a Milan, with lead-acid batteries. It got me hooked! Johnny
Yes he has a couple of MZ's.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Of course it it had been a £6 one his head would probably have been in three pieces. Good ones are designed to break to save your head from breaking.

i don’t know if they have got a lot better but back in my last motorcycling days around twenty five years ago the best helmets could only take a 15 mph head on impact and still save you. That means that if you sprinted full tilt into a lamp post head down and hit it full on, even with the most expensive helmet you would probably be killed.
Helmets used for motor sports have to reach a stricter standered than motorcycle helmets.Novelty helmets which are not for road use on mopeds upwards.Have to reach even less.A cycle helmet will not give any face or side impact protection.I remember my liltte cousins face been in such a mess after she went over the handle bars.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
As has already been said I think you are being too modest;)

Trust me, I have seen work by "precision engineers" that was less accomplished than what you have achieved.
I was told buy one firm that they could only do 2 bends £20,and no one could do 3.I did 4 by taking my bender apart.My welding just holds it together do not try to do this type of thing at home.Have you seen the amount of UK frame builders.True craftsmen.my paint work is falling off,but its cheaper than powder coat.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Helmets used for motor sports have to reach a stricter standered than motorcycle helmets.Novelty helmets which are not for road use on mopeds upwards.Have to reach even less.A cycle helmet will not give any face or side impact protection.I remember my liltte cousins face been in such a mess after she went over the handle bars.
Not sure what you mean there. On my last motorcycle I was using a quite expensive Bell full face. But it was still only good enough to protect up to a 15 mph full on impact at that time. Much more in a glancing blow of course which most impacts are. Motor sport helmets are made to higher standards but I’m not sure how that came into it.

All cycle helmets have to pass the international and EU standards and are designed to break on impact. So saving your head. A bit like the crumple zone on cars which are designed to fold up and cushion the G forces of a crash.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Not sure what you mean there. On my last motorcycle I was using a quite expensive Bell full face. But it was still only good enough to protect up to a 15 mph full on impact at that time. Much more in a glancing blow of course which most impacts are. Motor sport helmets are made to higher standards but I’m not sure how that came into it.

All cycle helmets have to pass the international and EU standards and are designed to break on impact. So saving your head. A bit like the crumple zone on cars which are designed to fold up and cushion the G forces of a crash.
It came about because sound cloud posted a link of himself wearing full protection.It set me back I had to think about it then the penny droped .He had posted before that if I made a bike that did 300 mph he was the man to ride it.( don't know why he thinks I can make a bike do 300mph).That just got me thinking are cycle helmets safe.If you wish to debate helmets why not start a thread.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
It came about because sound cloud posted a link of himself wearing full protection.It set me back I had to think about it then the penny droped .He had posted before that if I made a bike that did 300 mph he was the man to ride it.( don't know why he thinks I can make a bike do 300mph).That just got me thinking are cycle helmets safe.If you wish to debate helmets why not start a thread.
I was replying to you where you were surprised to see that a cycle helmet had broken. You went on to say that you were told that it cost £70 but you thought it looked no better than a £6 one. But I pointed out that it was designed to break. Are you with me now?