vintage electric bicycle.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
I was replying to you where you were surprised to see that a cycle helmet had broken. You went on to say that you were told that it cost £70 but you thought it looked no better than a £6 one. But I pointed out that it was designed to break. Are you with me now?
No I was not surprised.I'am with you.just saying I don't like them.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Reactions: craiggor

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
1962 miles on the display.Motor broke at around 1400 miles.Xiongda sent me a new set of gears for free.Dawes sprung saddle snapped at 1500,cheap folding pedals are rubbish. Need a new back tyre and chain.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Sun gear stripped and cracked,at 2874 miles.
looks like the teeth had deformed and picked up the rubber oil seal and the metal that is in that,and that is what caused it to strip the teeth and snap.
Xiongda are sending another new gear.The motor is over 2 years old now,excellent service from Xiongda.Think I will put a slight chamfer on the new gear when it arrives.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Just in case you don't know, you mustn't paddle a Xiongda-motored bike backwards with weight on it because both clutches can lock, which transfers massive torque to the gears. When you're not on the bike, always lift the back wheel to pull it backwards.

• Informative
Reactions: Sarabee

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Just in case you don't know, you mustn't paddle a Xiongda-motored bike backwards with weight on it because both clutches can lock, which transfers massive torque to the gears. When you're not on the bike, always lift the back wheel to pull it backwards.
Yea I do try not to.

Last edited:

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
7 days after my email to Xiongda about my broken sun gear and it has arrived.
It looks like they have changed the material and redesigned the bearing holder.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
I put them on for aesthetics. But as long as the top fixing is tight they do add some stiffness.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
If you were to make a bracket for them would they be sturdy enough? I am thinking if they could be used to make a similar fork to the Italjet Ascot:
https://www.electricbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Italjet3.png
https://www.electricbike.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Italjet11.png
If you mean a bracket on the bottom like on the Italjet no.
The front part of the Italjet is taking a lot of load,mine just control the amount of flex in the bicycle fork.I have seen I few homemade forks similar to the italjet.