Where Do You Live V2.0

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've plonked you right on top of the Portland Square name Ferdinand. :)

Regarding terrain, e-bikes have perversely always been most popular in the flattest areas, the classic example being almost totally flat Holland with the highest rate of e-bike usage in the world. It's similar in Germany's flat areas and Denmark now.

Map Link

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Could that be because flat ereas tend to be windy? Going up hill you can look forward to going down the other side but a long ride into a headwind isn't so nice...
I have remarked on that Phill and it's certainly true on the Dutch Polders and our East Coast flat areas. But most of the Dutch e-bikes are their typical utility types used in towns and cities for shopping and other very local journeys.

I'm in the hilly North Downs area where a large number of e-bikes might be expected, but they are so rare that I've yet to see one ridden, apart from when I met another member some miles away for a ride. I once saw a Lafree parked outside a local Sainsburys, and I once saw an elderly man pushing a Powabyke on the pavement. Neither have ever been seen again!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Great avenue. Ride it many times! :)
And i am the first Portuguese in this map! And maybe in the forum!
I think you are Joao. I've been in here from the start of the forum and have never seen another member saying they are from Portugal, though we have members from almost all other European countries. They aren't all on the map though.

Twinkleten

Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2015
Devon EX8
tried entering myself without luck! Could you put me in Ex22 Holsworthy, Devon. Many thanks.