Wisper Clone on eBay

electrobike

Just Joined
Aug 18, 2008
I have been looking at this clone thread and I can buy this shape of bike from over 30 manufacturers in China from Alibaba, branded in any brand I like from around 300-400 euros if I want to buy a container full. So I find it difficult to belive it was all down to one disgruntled employee.
As Flecc put it in an earlier post most electric bikes are parts bucket bikes (even a wisper I'm afraid) using motors, batteries, wheels and brakes from other suppliers.
There is very little invention in the electric bike world and most of the important patents are owned by Sanyo, Panasonic or the multitude of Chinese companies.
I ask, how many different brands of Racing bike are there using the same shape of frame using Shimano components ? All of them.

James

dicklaiwisper

Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2008
company managment is essential for the product

The shape is not the only sales point, the managment of the factory is the extreme point for a good proudct. Factory is not composed by one or two persons, should at least 5 departments. The team work and scientific managment with erudite engineers are needed as well. Of course the idea of the boss should meet the market developing. The supplier not only work when earns money, but also should do the after sale services if products have problems when they are in his customers. It seems that very common many factories have the experiences of doing just only one time business with their customers. No returned business, because their customers had a bad experiences with supplier. Not all suppliers are suit for the buyers. I think if you are the impoter or the procurement staff, you can understand the above comments. You can choose many things same or similar but I think you must choose a branded one which let you have confidence that you will be treated well if the product has problems in the future. For example, there are many simialr or exactly same mobile phones in the market, why Nokia or motorrola sales most well compare others?

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Mmmmm after checking out those links the minimum order is 30!
Most people would just like the one :eek:

Also the frames that have been copied seem to be many branded bikes out there and not just Wisper.

David/Wisper, you haven't got anything to worry about at all!
You are based in the UK, do all the hard work and give excellent after sales service. More than those guys would :(
I take my hat off to your commitment and your bikes!
Keep posting, keep selling and keep up the great work!! I reckon business will be on the up and up considering the recent rises in everything, apart from wages that is!! LOL

Did anyone see GMTV this morning?
Kate Garraway wants a Leccy bike!! :D
The one she said she tried at a bike show was obviously a pedelec and only accomplished a 10 mile journey. She didn't mention the brand of bike for obvious reasons but electric bikes were mentioned on prime time TV so that was a great thing :) Any ideas of what one she is after for Xmas? She said it had a baby carrier on the front too!! lol
I may place the above in a new thread as others may have seen it and not come across this thread?

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Here we go again, from a Business Seller ! (0 feedback) :eek:

Electric Mountain bike (same as wisper) Brand new 24V on eBay (end time 12-Nov-09 00:03:44 GMT)

eBay My World - elecscoot

"Electric Mountain bike (same as wisper) Brand new 24V"

All Aluminium Lightweight (26kg total) electric Mountain Bike. 26" wheels, Discs brakes back and front. Zoom front forks. Shimano Gears. KendoTektra/ Asses gear. Front and rear mudguards, water bottle.

24V 10AH Li-ion Batteries. 4 hour charge. Can be rode without pedaling giving you around 25 miles unassisted, or around 40 miles assisted. 18mph unassisted.

Easily removed battery, just slides up and out, has a key lock mechanism 900+ charges.

Quick lok seat and wheels, quickly and easily removed. Seat tilts forward (kwik lok) for ease of removing battery for charging.

Excellent specification and value for money.

Order now for pre Christmas delivery!!!

Any questions please ring us on 01207 502599 or visit our ebay shop

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Oh dear

As the good Sargent Major Williams (shut up) said,

Oh dear, how sad, never mind! :eek:

They have to be on drugs :p :) :D

You can buy a Wisper 905eco for the same price it has better equipment, it's 6kg lighter, has a larger battery and a 2 year guarantee!

All the best David

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
O Dear indeed!

Blimey how time flys! Trust Dan to dig this one up, how embarrassing.

Well I now have two REAL Wisper's and my 905 is still a joy to ride. Although I do miss the old cut and trust of a decent ding dong:D

Andy_82

Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2008
exchanged brain with a goat

these guys clearly exchanged the brains with a goat. That frame is the most awful frame I have ever seen and I'm talking about the head of the frame and those re-enforcing metal sheets welded from both top and the bottom.

24V 10Ah - Lol what's a bargain but the guys should go back 10 years back,

wish them all the best

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
hmmm

So what motor is that on the back ?

I keep thinking I see Tongxins everywhere I look, I have them on the brain!

Regards

Jerry

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
hmmm

So what motor is that on the back ?

I keep thinking I see Tongxins everywhere I look, I have them on the brain!

Regards

Jerry
It looks like a Suzhou Bafang, or one of the clones of that, though it looks like the genuine article. Definitely not a Tongxin.

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
If you track back into this sole buyers feedback you'll see that he actually bought a 2000w scooter from them not one of these Wisper clones.